Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: kobe comments on his game last night

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    Kobe Flies A Helicopter to Work
    If I had a helicopter or a job I would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    And you drive a used 1992 Ford Tempo to your acting auditions.. I mean, clinical trials and human experimentations.

clearly...

NBA lottery pick

Never should of hired Mike Brown. Should of went with Shaw... MB doesn't understand how Kobe thinks and what he likes to do. MB wants to make Kobe into a Lebron and that ain't happening... Bean is an assassin not a 3 quarter threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Typical Kobe hater tripe. None of Kobe's teammates, other than Shaq, have commented publicly about disliking being on the same team as Kobe. And we all know Shaq also has an ego the size of Louisiana (not that that's a bad thing necessarily). Oh wait, I'm sorry...Smush Parker doesn't like Kobe either.

And your lack of knowledge on MJ is astounding. Let me guess...LeBron fan? Under 20 years of age? MJ was notorious for being aloof, a jerk, and getting in his teammates faces, because he was fiercely competitive and just wanted to win and could back up his talk. Guess what...Kobe is the exact same way!

Somebody has been watching too many "Be Like Mike!" commercials and Space Jam on repeat.

Edit: Ahh...I see. Just created the account within the last month. Troll account? Seems like it.

OOOOOOOOOH. If you pay attention you'll see if I'm a Lebron lover and Kobe hater...I'm clueing you.

Hater tripe? Seriously? I'm old enough to have watched Jordan. That's a separate conversation, but Kobe is not simply "the exact same way!". Even your fellow Laker fan, who got back into basketball because of Kobe, is saying the same things.

Last month my friend accused me of not having a childhood, due to never having seen Space Jam. So no, not on repeat for me.

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Bean is an assassin not a 3 quarter threat.

Yeah, he assassinates his team's chances of winning by being selfish.

Seriously dude, you gotta stop letting Mike Wilbon and Stephen A. Smith's cliches do your thinking for you.

MVP of Insidehoops

Seriously dude, you gotta stop letting Mike Wilbon and Stephen A. Smith's cliches do your thinking for you.
    Aren't you the gay wannabe actor?

I guess that's why he has 5 rings.

In before "ZOMGZ GASOL GOAT!!!111!1 KOCHUCK NOT GOOD JUST CHUCK LOL ONLY REASON 5 RINGS BCAUSE HE HAD TEH BEST BIG MEN EVAR LOL STUPID YOU DERP DERP DERP"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

This is what leads to 8 seed knockouts and 2nd round sweeps. If it weren't for Shaq and the trio of Odom/Bynum/Gasol, Kobe would be nothin but Tmac.

Nothing but Tmac.

FACT.
    He won a championship and made another Finals without Bynum playing at all.. and Odom was a small factor too[12/9 player.. Pau was 18/10.. LOL at being carried].

He does need tolose this attitude and realize whats best for the team now though.

Very good NBA starter

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Hours after a disappointing 99-90 road loss to the Denver Nuggets on Sunday in a game in which Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant shot just 6-for-28 from the field, new Lakers coach Mike Brown and Bryant huddled together on the team plane and reviewed the game tape during the flight back to Los Angeles.

"I normally (watch tape on the plane), but watching it with the head coach is different," Bryant said. "I really enjoyed it because you get a chance to digest things, process things, go over things, talk about adjustments in terms or personnel and who to put on what spot on the floor and all that kind of stuff."

What they saw on the screen left Bryant defiant as ever about his decision making and the coach defending his star's shot selection following Monday's practice.

"I do what I do. If guys are open, I kick it to them, if they're not, I shoot it," Bryant said. "I play my game."

Bryant, playing with a torn lunotriquetral ligament in his right (shooting) wrist that he suffered during the preseason, started off the season averaging 27.8 points on 48.1 percent shooting through the Lakers' first four games but had difficulty with his accuracy over the weekend. He averaged just 16.5 points on 12-for-26 shooting (26.1 percent) in a back-to-back against the Nuggets that the Lakers split 1-1.

Through the first four games of the season, when Andrew Bynum was sidelined with a suspension, Bryant averaged 20.3 shot attempts per game. In the two games since Bynum came back, Bryant's shot attempts actually increased to an average of 23.0 per contest. Meanwhile, Bynum has averaged 23.5 points per game on only 15 attempts per game and is shooting 66.7 percent from the field.

"We always start inside-out," Bryant said, when asked about Bynum and Pau Gasol's effectiveness on offense. "If you mean (to ask me) if I'm going to shoot less, the answer is no. It starts with me. I do what I do and we play off of that. That's not going to change."

Brown backed up Bryant's stance after their impromptu film session. Brown said he had watched cut-ups of a game tape with LeBron James when he coached the Cleveland Cavaliers, but never watched a full game tape all the way through with his prized pupil.

"When you look at (6-for-28 in the box score), you think 'Oh my gosh, there's got to be a ton of bad shots,'" Brown said. "But if you go back and watch the game you see some of the shots he took, there were a lot of shots he took -- (I know) because I coached against him -- he normally makes."

Brown said that Bryant's wrist, which still causes Bryant's right hand to swell up significantly two weeks after he sustained the injury, could be hurting Bryant more than he is letting on.

"He's got to continue to figure out how to stay in rhythm or how to get in rhythm with that wrist. He might not say it, but try to hold a microphone with a torn ligament, let alone shoot it and make sure you get a follow through," Brown told a group of microphone-toting reporters. "That's a bear. That's a bear."

When asked if he will tell Bryant to shoot less while he makes the adjustment to his wrist injury, Brown vehemently opposed the consideration.

"No, no, no, no, no. Kobe can make shots. That's what he's done his whole career," Brown said. "He's got a (right index) finger that he kind of went through the same thing with and he made shots against us (when Brown was coaching Cleveland) with that finger and he's going to make shots for us. The one thing I don't want to do is to tell him to stop shooting because he's going to work his way through it, just like he did with his finger."

Bryant initially deflected questions about his wrist by saying, "I don't make excuses," but eventually conceded, "It's a pain in the ass. It is."

Still, the man who became just the sixth player in NBA history to reach 28,000 points for his career during the loss in Denver, made it clear that his confidence was not shaken after a couple of poor performances.

"I had shots. If I have shots, I take them," Bryant said. "If I shoot the ball 40 times with good looks, that's what it is. (If I shoot it) 15 or 20 times, that's what it is."

Bryant added that he didn't realize that he had passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to set the record as the youngest player ever to amass 28,000 points because his thoughts were focused elsewhere.

"What I realized is I got to make some adjustments with this jumper," Bryant said.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rown-backs-him

video footage of the quotes is available at the link

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    If Shaq couldn't get Kobe to pass the ball more do you really think Bynum has a chance?
    kobe had more assists to shaq out of any other lakers....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Damn Mike Brown looks like a bitch in that interview..

Are you going to tell Kobe to take less shots?
    No, no, no, no, no.. I would never do that. Please dont tell him I said that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Damn Mike Brown looks like a bitch in that interview..

Are you going to tell Kobe to take less shots?
    No, no, no, no, no.. I would never do that. Please dont tell him I said that.

the actual quote is no Kobe can make shots. That's what he's done his whole career,'

which is true. so...

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Xyph
    Aren't you the gay wannabe actor?

Heh, my days of the internet back-and-forth insultfests are over. I've got actual productive and enjoyable things goin on now and I've outgrown it anyway. When I'm here now it's to talk ball cause that's one of my hobbies and that's it. Too old to waste my time like dat, clowning on strangers on the internet and getting in meaningless arguments. I mean.... no offense if that's your thing and all.

Stalk me with all your thousands of gimmicks if ya want, it doesn't actually bother me in the least. It'll actually gimme some lulz from time to time to think that I've moved way on to bigger and better things and you're still.... doin you

The only thing I have against this is that Kobe was playing great this season, and now he's blaming the wrist. It totally goes against the typical legend mentality of not using injuries as an excuse, even hiding them from the team. That's kind of low character. He was playing great, has a couple of bad games and now blames the wrist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    The only thing I have against this is that Kobe was playing great this season, and now he's blaming the wrist. It totally goes against the typical legend mentality of not using injuries as an excuse, even hiding them from the team. That's kind of low character. He was playing great, has a couple of bad games and now blames the wrist.
    great post. i dont like the excuses. i mean i see he only said its tough to learn how to shoot with it and its a pain in the ass, not directly blaming it, but still. disappointing. if it was a problem he should have sat out