Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Israeli Basketball

Admin, Delete this thread, my user and all of my posts.
    Last edited by ABAZACKSHOOLA; 06-22-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Shoola

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Israeli Basketball

If the israeli league is one of the best ,which i totally disagree with,tell me how many teams have won the league in the last 30 years other than maccabi?1 maybe? was it Hapoel once.I am sorry but a league to be good has to be competitive,like the italian or the spanish where there are numerous teams every year that can win the league.The israeli is not.Maccabi are certainly one of the strongest teams in europe(or rather that play in europe!).They win the league every year almost without contest.Hapoel jerusalem is a good side.How many matches,league matches that is, do maccabi lose every year? 1 ? if that?
    So as much as I think that Maccabi is a great side the israeli league is weak.Very weak.
    Last edited by la bomba; 10-26-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABAZACKSHOOLA
    Maccabi Tel Aviv has won about 37 titles and almost the same amount of Cups.
    Hapoel Galil Elyon has one Championship title from the 1992/1993 season and 2 Israeli State Cups,and the other ****ing team to win a title was Hapoel ********* that won 5 Championships, who is currently playing in the 3rd division and collapsing.

And if you want to know how strong the league is so you better check out how many NBA Scouts are there in the Stadium (mainly of the Boston Celtics and the Seatle SuperSonics) who watch after future players and take a look at this league they do a lot of times, and if you didn't know there are more than a 1,000 players with a NBA resome that have played in Israel, in avrage year there are about 8 players with a NBA playtime who is playing in the league, and most of the American players or the other forigen players are ones who have done something in College, the minor leagues (CBA, USBL and NBADL etc.) or have done something in some European/other wheres in the world like taking championships winning awards and taking MVP and Cups titles. SO WHAT DO YOU SAY NOW, *****?!!!
    I still say its a weak league.I am merely stating it from a competitive point of view.Its not competitive very rarely do maccabi lose a game.they have won all the leagues except one in the last few decades.The greek,italian ,spanish are the most competitive leagues.For a league to be strong there has to be several candidates not just one.
    So as much as I appreciate how important basketball is in israel and what a huge club maccabi is,the league is not competitive therefore it is not one of the strongest.I would put the Serbian,croatian,russian,lithuanian,french and the big three already mentioned above the israeli.I would put the israeli league on a par with the slovenian,great traditional basketball nation with one dominant team.Look at how many slovenians play in the NBA or in big clubs in Europe.Nachbar,Nesterovic,Brezec,Udrih,etc in the NBA and Lakovic,Smodis and Slokar in big clubs in europe for example.Yet you wouldn't say the slovenian league was one of the strongest.
    Plus I only disagreed with you,I never insulted you so hold ur horses with your verbal mate.have a bit more education.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

since when is israel the best league in europe?? since when is israel in europe?? off the top of my head i could say, obviously euroleague, but out of national leagues, SPAIN, italy, and greece. countries that have a few good teams but not so good leagues would be lithuania and france. russia and turkey have one or two good teams but neither is in europe. but the best national league outside of the nba is no question spain. nobody can compete with that even some spanish teams could compete with american ones.

I think there is no discussion about Israel's league not being one of the top leagues in Europe. A league where the same team has won the title about 28 times in 30 years seems to be not very competitive (as a whole).

My last word and I will stop arguing about this thing. You used the chances to win the Euroleague and ULEB Cup as a rating factor. I will use another silly factor, the number of teams in competition: two to four in almost every top league (Spain, Italy, Russia, Greece); one in the medium to low level leagues (Germany, for instance and, oh, Israel).

So you want predictions, here they are, very easy: Maccabi will win the league, and the Cup, with some chances for Hapoel Jerusalem to win the latter (everything can happen in one game).

you asked people to answer your question. the answer is maccabi for everything. thats the only team in israel thats good.
    you wanna talk about national teams?? how about the bad league of lithuania? WE are the number one country in european titles out of existing countries. in i believe about 20 years WE have done more than anyone basketball wise. why dont you follow the lithuanian league?? you dont care about it right? it has twice as much euroleague teams as israel. then it is twice as competitive because it is 2 teams fighting for the title, not 1 like in israel. how about the horrible league of germany? just about any country that participated in the euro tournament is better than israel. want proof?
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/eve...p/rankMen.html
    the only countries that they are better is poland (SURPRISE!!) and Latvia who would kill them if they played. and portugal who God knows how they made it this far.
    back to club talk. only 6 guys are from israel on maccabi. 3 of them are good. the only reason they won back to back euroleagues is because of Jasikevicius who is from a terrible league from a country called Lithuania, as you mentioned that league is bad.
    as berraco said there is 1 israeli team in the euroleague. the countries with worse leagues have more or as many :

Lithuania 2 (Zalgiris Kaunas, Lietuvos Rytas)

Greece 3 (Panathanaikos, Olympiakos, Aris)

Spain 4 (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Tau Ceramica, Unicaja)

Italy 4 (Virtus Bologna, Montepaschi, Lottomatica Roma, Armani Jeans Milano)

Russia 1 (CSKA Moscow)

France 2 (Roanne, Le Mans)

Serbia 1 (Partizan)

Croatia 1 (Cibona)

Slovenia 1 (Olimpia)

Poland 1 (Prokom Trefl)

Germany 1 (Brose Basket)

Turkey 2 (Efes Pilsen, Ulker)

i think that should tell you that there are good leagues in europe. by this i could say there are 6 leagues with more competition because they have more teams in the euroleague. 6 other leagues are just as competitive because they have the same amount. i know that these 6 isnt true, but the way you think it should make sense then.
    nobody is denying maccabi their rich and have good players. but is there really competition in israel?? do you honestly think anyone has a chance?? this is like one of the leagues with one team in the euroleague. its obvious who will win it. why make a big deal about it?? we all know its the teams in the euroleague that have the best chance to win their national leagues. do you have anymore questions? i think everyone can deny that israel is NOT the best in europe. no way. NO WAY.

First the first europeans to beat an NBA team i believe was the Soviet Union who beat The dominique Wilkins lead Hawks.The Soviet Union team then was plagued by Lithuanians,the total stars in that team.First european club to beat an nba team was Barca I think against the sixers.When are israelis going to realiase that they are not europeans,they play in europe but they are not europeans!3 spanish teams have beaten NBA teams,there is no way that 3 different israeli clubs would compete against NBA teams,reinforcing the strength in depth of the spanish league and the opposite about the israeli league.Once again this forum is at an end when you start talking about european leagues as the Israeli one is an asian league.

how right is la bomba?? 200%. as a result you cannot reply to my messages or his. i think your out of words. there isnt much else to discuss because you are completely in a corner. what i mean is that you are trapped and have to admit that 1. stop pretending that israel is in europe 2. stop pretending that the league is good 3. do i need any more reasons?

hahaha your cool son. you sure know how to speak english. you cant say a thing that makes sense. like i said your out of words. so glue your dick back on and start talking about basketball and watch the euroleague, the EUROleague.

Shut the **** up you louzy European WIJA you suck ***** all night long, and then you shout: "Oh my ****ing lithunia, my ****ing lithunia, Simas Jasitis Sharas you gays come over here and **** me", you gay you louzy ******* you son of a ***** your mom is my main ***** and I'm her PIMP you gay hootcie that licks *****, you working as a slut over the hoods and have sex for money like those on Streetblowjobs you gay, and you mom is coming over to place tonight, so is it fine with you??!! YOU KNOW WHAT??!! I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I'LL **** YOUR MOM UNTILL SHE WILL GET OUT OF FUEL, *****!!!!
    People who can't argue properly normally resort to this trash talk when they run out of excuses.
    No one has insulted you,we just had a discussion in which we didn't agree,Berraco,simasu and myself put our points through and you had no answer other than to insult and throw your toys out of the pram.Anyway I read your news and it re-inforces my point if Elton Brown(never heard of him)is waived by a side like the lakers who aren't the deepest,chooses to play for the ndbl instead of israel it shows how poor it is.I bet he would have jumped at the chance to play for a mid table spanish team.Look at ACB.com and check the highlights,great games all very competitive,as I am sure the israeli is ,whenever Maccabi Tel Aviv aren't involved.

Default Re: You Europeans are all GAYS

What's the matter simas, you are afraid to admit that your country has a lil weak league, come on' we all know that all the european leagues are basicly based on the avrages of the American players playing in it and all the team's are using their native players to waive towells on the bench, and do you think I don't know how do you make the American players to come over to your louzy european leagues, you are offering players from the NBDL or a College graduators a contract that seems to them like alot of money because they have never play for money, before.

And you'll better check out and see that all of the latest famous and leading players in the Euroleague have played in Israel (and there ar many like these) and you know what I'll give you a few examples: Marcus Goree (of CSKA Mosscow), Rimas Kakunas (Siena), Horace Jenkins (Klememio Bolunga) and should I go on (I think you got the picture).

You think that Elton Brown is decide to stay in the NBDL just because you think that he won't get the same money in Israel, so think again, ass-hole, he got two offers in the 300,000 $ Dollars range but decided to ditch them because he rather keep playing in the United States than going to play in Europe and start a trip around the world, and in this league he could get an NBA stint contracts and that's his main goal.

And about your "dear" ACB, you better check out their players history (espacialy the American players of this league) and you'll find Quincy Lewis who is playing in Bilbao and a few other guys with a playing time over Israel in their past, in the Itallian Seria A this year they have a lot of players who played in Israel even last year.

Should I remind you how many players in the NBA have played in Israel: Roger Mason Jr. of the Washington Wizards have played in Jerusalem before he returned to the NBA, Anthony Parker of the Toronto Raptors that played in Maccabi Tel Aviv and was the best player in Europe (gee... You are weak, his avrages in the Israeli league were slightly lower than those he have done in Europe), Maceo Baston who also played in Maccabi Tel Aviv and currently plays in Toronto Raptors, and Ryan Bown of the New Orleans Hornets who played last year in Ironi Nahariya.

And if we are already speaking of money, you need to know that the wages in the Spainish top league is between 300,000 - 800,000 Dollars per a year according to this league's rules, while in Israel a young players are earning 30,000 $ and the most famous and notebale players (like the gay Nickola Vujicic) are earning 1,700,000 $ per a year (a contact which is usually in Russia), and in the NBDL the wage is between 12,000 and some earns 18,000 and the most notable players are earning 24,000 Dollars per a year.

NOW YOU GOT ****ED UP WIJAS, SO YOU BETTER SHUT UP, LOUZY EUROPEANS AND EUROPE LOVERS!!!
    The fact that this brown got offered the same money in israel and yet didn't go still reinforces more the lack of attraction the league offers.Simasu can defend himself no doubt,however,i'd like to point out Lietuvos 92 macabbi tel aviv 74.
    Top scorer Jomantas(not average american but lithuanian)Top rebounder,Petravicius(again Lituanian I hasten to guess)So no towel waving from them.Maybe from macabbi yes as the two israeli stars halperin and Eliyahu scored a dizzying 4 points between them.. I don't know why you go on about money,no one is saying that the israeli league is poor financially,that doesn't mean its competitive or a good league.

Made that high school varsity squad

they don't get paid much there do they? :S

Default Re: Slaghter in Jerusalem

There are a lot of leagues in Europe that have players who played in Israel as their leading players like the: Russian league, the Turkish League and the Ukraine basketball league so you simasu gay better shut up before you will reply here.

Transitions and Results:

*Marcus Slaughter have singed with Hapoel Jerusalem for a one year contact in which he will earn 430,000 $ and another season/year option, his contract secured him to play in the Pre-Seasion next year and to pay the team an amount of money to buy-out his next year contract if he will be sign with an NBA team.
    Slaughter, is a San Diego College graduted from 2006, who played last year in Karshiaka of the Turkish primer league and avraged 13.3 ppg 10.2 rpg and 2.3 blocks per a game, he also played in the Turkish All-Star game and was Named to the 2nd All-Turkish league team (he achived all of those things on his first year as a professional player), earlier this summer he decided to try and enter the NBA, and recently singed a 2 years contract with the Miami Heat, who waived him this Monday.
    * Maccabi Tel Aviv - Latvious Ritas (Lithunia) 92 - 74 at Lithunia, during the 2nd game/match of the Euroleague, Maccabi Tel Aviv has a current rotation problems because there are really alot of good players there that don't know how to play together or to fit into this situation in which there are alot of great players in the many positions in the stock, at the Lithunia side the American Guard Price have really done a good job with his quickness in order to beat the game (that's just as wierd as Olympiacos have lost on Slovenia to Lublijana 87-78).

And remember that this is a thread about the Israeli League, so discuss and talk about it without comparing it to another European leagues.
    You obviously have delusions of grandeur about the israeli league which no one has said is ****,just that it has no depth therefore its not competitive and therefore isn't a good league.So I am not going to throw anymore more proof in your face.About the lietuvos rytas Maccabi game,I know basketball enough to know one game means nothing,but my emphasis was that you said lituanian players were bailed out by average americans.Arturas Jomantas was the star player with marijonas peratvicius who didn't have the standout game he had last week!thats all.However in maccabi the opposite can be said,Vujcic as usual was the best,Halperin and eliyahu as usual outside israel were invisible!Is Kattash the coach now?

Default Re: Slaghter in Jerusalem

i got you know. YOU will never admit that israel is **** in the basketball world. EVEN MACCABI LOST to who?? to LIETUVOS RYTAS? hahahaha. how embarrased are you to lose to the SECOND team in Lithuania??? now your gonna blame rotation you ****ing ******? im not gonna post **** here no more, Lietuvos Rytas victory speaks for itself. and if your gonna go around talking who played in israel or who plays where from israel, then look up how many lithuanians play around the world. and why don't you look up who was the leader of maccabi when they won the euroleague twice. Oh and the man with the same name as me, Simas Jasaits. And you mentioned Kaukenas earlier who is also Lithuanian. Should i keep on going? i think you can research yourself. i think i proved my point, so good luck israel, try to become europeans and try TRY to beat Lietuvos Rytas next time. I'm not even gonna mention israel to catch up to ACB and the level that is there. Peace