Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Well I Think It's Time: Blazers fans Damian Lillard vs Brandon Roy

Who's clutcher? better?

Default Re: Well I Think It's Time: Blazers fans Damian Lillard vs Brandon Roy

Not speaking for Blazers fans, but I think you've gotta go with Roy till Lillard has a couple seasons and playoffs runs under his belt

Banned

Roy was a better player, without a doubt.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

sigh, how quickly people forget how good roy was

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ice
    sigh, how quickly people forget how good roy was
    People do overrate him now that he isn't playing, but he was better than Lillard.

Roy was GREAT but Lillard is headed that direction too.

Still can't believe the Blazers got him for Gerald freaking Wallace. Mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Roy was GREAT but Lillard is headed that direction too.

Still can't believe the Blazers got him for Gerald freaking Wallace. Mind boggling.
    billy king gm of the century

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    People do overrate him now that he isn't playing, but he was better than Lillard.
    He was on his way to being the best SG in the league.

23/5/5 on 48% shooting at 23 years old

Dunking on everybody in the park

Roy might have been better. But, he also was starting on his long line of injuries by this point in his all too short career.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Not speaking for Blazers fans, but I think you've gotta go with Roy till Lillard has a couple seasons and playoffs runs under his belt
    As if Roy had playoff runs.....Dude never got out the first round and was only a Top dog type player in 1 series like ever, and even in that series, he was still average. The next 2 playoff app. he didn't even score more than 10ppg I believe. Alls Lillard got to do is make the playoffs and not be an injury prone pusse. I use to like Roy wen he played, but it seems after he left, the epic overration of him has become unbearable.

NBA lottery pick

Lillard got that Arenas clutch swag mojo going on.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    As if Roy had playoff runs.....Dude never got out the first round and was only a Top dog type player in 1 series like ever, and even in that series, he was still average. The next 2 playoff app. he didn't even score more than 10ppg I believe. Alls Lillard got to do is make the playoffs and not be an injury prone pusse. I use to like Roy wen he played, but it seems after he left, the epic overration of him has become unbearable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTBKC2loLw

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Greg Oden

I've been thinking about this lately and I always come back to Roy being the best player I've ever seen play for the blazers. People forget Roy used to fill the stat sheet. Near triple doubles all the time. As he declined he put up better scoring numbers but fewer boards and assists. Roy was better than lillard. I think lillard is better for team chemistry. He's much better off ball. Lillard fits better with Lma

Ill never forget Roy putting on that beast 4th quarter show against the 2011 Mavs