Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Best dunker on each NBA squad?

Its all about preference really. I like DeAndre 's dunks more then griffins, he doesnt need to use his off arm to clear out the defender and Jordans dunks are amazing for a man his size. Lebron's Oops and put backs are nice but Wade dunks with a silky power that trumps lebrons repetitive **** back power jam.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    Its all about preference really. I like DeAndre 's dunks more then griffins, he doesnt need to use his off arm to clear out the defender and Jordans dunks are amazing for a man his size. Lebron's Oops and put backs are nice but Wade dunks with a silky power that trumps lebrons repetitive **** back power jam.
    I respect your dunking preferences, but I do not believe Blake Griffin needs to use that off arm to clear out. Instead, I believe it's just a byproduct of jumping style. He's a left foot lead jumper when taking off of two feet. And for a righty, that's going to lead to that natural "pose" where the left arm's going to be out in front. Vince Carter is the same way.

Terrence Ross, Dominique Wilkins, and Desmond Mason are all examples of two-foot, right foot lead dunkers. That's why when those guys rise off two, their body is squared up, instead of tilted like Griff and VC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I respect your dunking preferences, but I do not believe Blake Griffin needs to use that off arm to clear out. Instead, I believe it's just a byproduct of jumping style. He's a left foot lead jumper when taking off of two feet. And for a righty, that's going to lead to that natural "pose" where the left arm's going to be out in front. Vince Carter is the same way.

Terrence Ross, Dominique Wilkins, and Desmond Mason are all examples of two-foot, right foot lead dunkers. That's why when those guys rise off two, their body is squared up, instead of tilted like Griff and VC.
    I agree with what your saying and believe thats why he gets away with what looks like an offensive foul upon replay, the movement looks natural in real time. I still enjoy Blake dunks, there is just something about the length and dexterity of Jordans dunks that just get me excited.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

You haven't been watching bball very long if you think Drummond is better than J-Smoove.

Sure, Drummond MAY have potential to be better, but as of now J-Smoove is still one of the more impressive dunkers in NBA history.

http://youtu.be/1EfYwBb2iho?t=5m8s