Default What do we do with Lowry?

He's clearly the heart and soul of this team as well as our teams best player. I know a lot of y'all (especially Q) will be calling for him to be traded while his value is so high but i'd say we have a guy like that we hold onto him. And then with a solid core (JV, DD, KLow,) we work on adding more pieces around them in the off-season.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Default Re: What do we do with Lowry?

Cash in while the value is at it's highest.

If you don't get anything of value for him, extend him. I think it's too late to go tank mode now.

We're not bad enough to tank and these wins just confirms the Raptors treadmill status. Let's commit to the treadmill. Treadmill Nation!

Yeah, the fact that he's an expirer takes away from his value. Teams know that he can pull a Dwight Howard, finish off the year with them and then sign wherever he wants in the off-season. I'd also say extend him for no other reason than it's the most logical thing to do given our current circumstances.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

The Warriors have been shopping for a backup point guard and have been engaged for weeks with Toronto on Kyle Lowry, sources said. The Warriors and New York Knicks have been two of the most persistent suitors for Lowry, but Toronto's recent run of success has made the front office more reticent to unload Lowry, league sources said. Toronto hasn't completely changed course on a possible deal for Lowry, but they're no longer simply auctioning him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warrior...041556260.html

I can see why the Knicks want Lowry, i'm not so sure why the Warriors want him so bad. That said, trading him to either of those teams now would be a dumber move than the Celtics trading Perk when they had the best record in the league and were on the verge of winning another title.