Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default who's the favorite right now?

Its looking like the Clippers or Warriors. No truly great teams left. The champion may get the 1979 Sonics treatment.

Default Re: who's the favorite right now?

If the Warriors win it all can it not be argued that they're a great team?

I thought it was the Warriors at the start...but that Clippers/Spurs series really helped LA turn a corner; got them over that proverbial playoff hump, so to speak. They look like a team that is only getting hungrier with each game that passes.

Its the playoffs and anything can happen, but I'm having a hard time picking against LA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    I thought it was the Warriors at the start...but that Clippers/Spurs series really helped LA turn a corner; got them over that proverbial playoff hump, so to speak. They look like a team that is only getting hungrier with each game that passes.

Its the playoffs and anything can happen, but I'm having a hard time picking against LA right now.
    I'm still conflicted about LA, but if they do get over the hump, that first round tilt with the Spurs will have been one of the best things that ever happened to them. Beating a team like that can literally change everything.

Good post.

clips vs bulls in the finals

clips for the title

Cleveland cavaliers. Most stacked team in the league should always be the favorites.

Golden State.

If they get past Memphis, they're beating the Clippers, who are nowhere near deep enough to compete against the Warriors.

Again they could prove me wrong like they did against the Spurs but the Warriors are the favorites.

They're beating whoever comes out of the east in 5 games.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

I'd take Clippers right now. If they can stay healthy its either them or GSW who wins the chip. Cavs are injury plagued and the other eastern teams don't have a chance against LAC/GSW.

It's been the Warriors all season. They are a truly great team, just look at the numbers they have put up this season.

Did the 79 Sonics have a SRS over 10 or 73 wins at this point ? How about the fact the Warriors haven't lost 3 in a row since November 2013 ? Or are like 51-0 when holding a double digit lead at half time ?

There's really no reason why they should not reach the Finals and that's including how well the Clippers are playing right now.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Cleveland cavaliers. Most stacked team in the league should always be the favorites.
    Without Kevin Love, the most stacked team in the league right now is Golden State.

I still like the Cavs chances, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I'm still conflicted about LA, but if they do get over the hump, that first round tilt with the Spurs will have been one of the best things that ever happened to them. Beating a team like that can literally change everything.

Good post.
    Conflicted is probably the best word for it. Really want to believe that these guys are for real, it's about time CP and Blake did some serious damage in the playoffs. But for whatever reason there's this doubt on the side, that sooner or later they're gonna revert back to the same old Clippers that fold under pressure. Even with them taking out SA and looking like they've finally got that championship mindset..kinda gotta see them hold the trophy to truly believe it.

Hopefully they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Conflicted is probably the best word for it. Really want to believe that these guys are for real, it's about time CP and Blake did some serious damage in the playoffs. But for whatever reason there's this doubt on the side, that sooner or later they're gonna revert back to the same old Clippers that fold under pressure. Even with them taking out SA and looking like they've finally got that championship mindset..kinda gotta see them hold the trophy to truly believe it.

Hopefully they do it.
    I concur completely...

If Blake continues to average 7+ assists, it's going to be murder the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    If the Warriors win it all can it not be argued that they're a great team?
    Seriously. 67 wins, championship, MVP, COY candidate, DPOY candidate. Just well balanced overall.

It's the Warriors.

Clippers have a chance (30% I'd guess) to pull it off but Green/Thompson defend Blake/CP3 well