Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: How Kawhi Leonard is Mimicking Michael Jordan (Fadeaway Comparison)

this is an entire skillset that lebron lacks - this thread could never be about him because footwork, post plays, turnarounds and fadeaways are one-offs for him

This is stuff that fits into a system and plays off teammates well - again, an entire skillset he lacks.

Instead, his ball-dominant brand plays like westbrook/harden, and struggles to compete on the championship level.. he's done better than westbrook/harden because he's better than them and played in the East with hand-picked teams, but he still employs the same losing, suboptimal style

Btw, lebron gets no elevation on his jumper - that white kid blocked him with his elbow.. lebron's game is just fugly
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-24-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    After I'm finished with your mom, she can go back to the kitchen.
    my mom's dead and I'd f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck both your moms before you ever had a chance at getting laid.

now get your ass back in the kitchen before I knock you unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    this is an entire skillset that lebron lacks - this thread could never be about him because footwork, post plays, turnarounds and fadeaways are one-offs for him

This is stuff that fits into a system and plays off teammates well - again, an entire skillset he lacks.

Instead, his ball-dominant brand plays like westbrook/harden, and struggles to compete on the championship level.. he's done better than westbrook/harden because he's better than them and played in the East with hand-picked teams, but he still employs the same losing, suboptimal style

Btw, lebron gets no elevation on his jumper - that white kid blocked him with his elbow.. lebron's game is just fugly
    And there's no excuse for him NOT TO learn how to play in the post.. He's 6-9 280 pounds.. he should be playing out of the post because they'd have to double him every time. You see Durant consistently doing this and he's like 50 pounds lighter.

Even Kobe at age 34 & in his 17th season scrapped D'Antoni's garbage 3PT offense and went in the post and single-handedly turned the season around, Lebron would never have the balls to do this.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    my mom's dead and I'd f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck both your moms before you ever had a chance at getting laid.

now get your ass back in the kitchen before I knock you unconscious.
    You wish she was dead so you can collect that life insurance. But we know she's not, so you stay in the basement, and dream of the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I wanna say he started studying Mj tape a couple of summers ago, Im pretty sure i ead that somewhere.
    [I] Popovich:

I'd say he's done a pretty damn good job of assimilating some of 2nd 3peat MJ's offensive arsenal/tenancies. It's not have the same aesthetic in terms of grace/fluidity but it's definitely there.

3-time NBA All-Star

he def reminds me of MJ.. More than any other player because he is actually every efficient.. And A GREAT DEFENDER.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I wanna say he started studying Mj tape a couple of summers ago, Im pretty sure i ead that somewhere. But yeah, moves get passed on. Mj mimicked Dr.J and David Thompson etc.
    MJ mimicked Reggie Lewis with the fadeaway.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Why am I not surprised this mentally handicapped guy would bring Lebron into this thread?

MJ didn't look like Dr. J when he played, whereas Kawhi, Kobe, and most players tbh look kind of like MJ

He's the standard because his footwork and form was optimal - you don't realize it, but it's impossible to play the game more optimally than MJ did.. he played near perfectly at times (textbook footwork with goat athleticism, off-ball, quick-decision, goat form on everything, then there's the mental)

MJ originated the baggy shorts and the Jordan shoes... And popularized/perfected the fade away, and the tomahawk lean-in.. and the bald head
    Are you OK? Take sip of water and sit down for a bit. You're frothing at the mouth.

3-time NBA All-Star

MELTDOWN ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN

MELTDOWN ALERT
    Nah, because we have the videotape, and it's obvious that MJ's fadeaway had an extra level that only he was on:

And a smoothness/perfection that Kawhi lacks:

And physical capability that Kawhi lacks:

Kawhi is a better midrange shooter than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    shut the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck up and get back in the kitchen bitch.

:rolleyes'