Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron will not be a member of the Miami Heat next season

Quote Originally Posted by Byobob
    I don't get why there are people who seem to believe that the Heat needs to improve their roster.
    You must have missed the finals. We're not talking about the Heat losing a contested 6 or 7 game series. They got run off the court. James put up good numbers on high efficiency, and it didn't matter.

Seriously, how can Miami hope to beat whatever team comes out of the West going forward? They still have a good shot at making it out of the East, but this past series showed their flaws and age.

The lineup needs to be revamped.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

He just needs to play with Kyrie, Wiggins, and Dion

i do think it's kinda weird that Wade and Bosh don't know what Lebron's going to do. Very reminiscent of 2010. Lebron was playing pickup bball at the Cle practice facility like a day or two before the decision and still no team mate on the cavs knew what he was doing.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    If the Heat weren't so stacked and the east wasn't so weak, I am thinking Wade would've played more meaningless regular season games. The Heat coasting during the regular season in such a horrid conference was a foregone conclusion.
    Yeah, the Heat coasted through the Western conference too at a 20-10 clip.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Keep quoting Know-nothings like Broussard and Windhorst who have to make new stuff up every day to make you look at their twitters and have something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    He just needs to play with Kyrie, Wiggins, and Dion

i do think it's kinda weird that Wade and Bosh don't know what Lebron's going to do. Very reminiscent of 2010. Lebron was playing pickup bball at the Cle practice facility like a day or two before the decision and still no team mate on the cavs knew what he was doing.
    why are the teammates supposed to know?

I don't get why you all feel Lebron owes it to the team/org to give them something in return when he's fulfilled his contract. he didn't owe it to the Cavs and he doesn't owe it to the Heat. a contract is exactly that...he fulfilled it and no where within it says he has to inform the org/team prior to.

also, Miami is well aware he's a complete FA now just as the Cavs were in 2010...if they lose on him, so be it. we know he has the option to leave, if he ups and goes without any type of S&T or what have you, that's fine and is his right. could he be generous and do a S&T if he chooses another suitor...we'd welcome it. however, if he doesn't...we'll figure out a way to rebuild after, whether it means complete overhaul or other modes.

Wade's regular season scoring average last 6 years.

Uh...anyone else notice a pattern?

I wouldn't pay Wade big money, but we all know Riley will...but it's a mistake. He's clearly on down curve, and his health gets more questionable every year. He was basically missing in the Finals.

Guys like Wade will always get paid, but we know he'll sign a 4 year deal huge money deal, and probably play in only 2/3 of those games and put up mediocre numbers.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Wade's regular season scoring average last 6 years.

Uh...anyone else notice a pattern?

I wouldn't pay Wade big money, but we all know Riley will...but it's a mistake. He's clearly on down curve, and his health gets more questionable every year. He was basically missing in the Finals.

Guys like Wade will always get paid, but we know he'll sign a 4 year deal huge money deal, and probably play in only 2/3 of those games and put up mediocre numbers.

There is no choice but to pay Wade big money. He just opted out of 2-years $40MM+, so he has to get at least that over a new 3-4 year deal. The Heat can't let Wade opt out, and then lowball him if Lebron wants a max. Wade MUST be offered at LEAST what he was giving up, albeit over longer years.

Quote Originally Posted by mistergreens
    There is no choice but to pay Wade big money. He just opted out of 2-years $40MM+, so he has to get at least that over a new 3-4 year deal. The Heat can't let Wade opt out, and then lowball him if Lebron wants a max. Wade MUST be offered at LEAST what he was giving up, albeit over longer years.
    What? Says who? All Riley has to do is approach Lebron and tell him the truth..."if we give all this money to Wade, how are we going to get players you need?" What, I thought this was capitalism...Lebron is gonna cry because his BFF gets a huge payday when he shouldn't?

Wade should be a man and retire. lol.

What? Says who? All Riley has to do is approach Lebron and tell him the truth..."if we give all this money to Wade, how are we going to get players you need?" What, I thought this was capitalism...Lebron is gonna cry because his BFF gets a huge payday when he shouldn't?

You want a guy averaging 20/5/5 on 54% to retire?

[COLOR="Magenta"]Wade is finished as a superstar

there mite b 5 or 6 Games in the reg season where he'll play like a superstar

and 1 or 2 games in the playoffs

But now hes just a Good player thats injury prone [/COLOR]

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    19/4/4/2 on 52/39/79. Yeah, those are horrible numbers, right?

He played like shit during the Finals. That's a fact. Also, LOL @ your LeBron dicksucking ass talking about others not being team fans.

How is Lin doing, BTW?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Riles/Heat would not do the greatest franchise player in history dirty like that. Wade has a guaranteed $40MM+ over two years - you don't think he had a handshake agreement with Riley that he'd recoup that if he opted out? You think Riles would pull the okey-doke on Wade and be like, he Dwyane, take a paycut but we got you....PSCYHE!!!! PEACE OUT WADE, SUCKER!!!

C'mon - Wade will get his 40MM+, likely more, over more years. This is a fact.

If Miami were to make a basketball decision to make the team better, I'd say trade Wade. Bosh is needed in the front court. Wade and Cole for Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson.

Then sign and resign

Boozer
    Marion
    Xavier Henry
    Allen
    Haslem
    Ennis
    Oden
    James Jones

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Even after a horrid finals...

17.8ppg, 3.9rpg, 3.9apg, 50%, 37.5%, 76.7%. 34.7 minutes a game. (Playoff averages)

They made the FINALS and lost. It happens. It's not as if Jordan was on the team. Magic, Bird, Kobe and many others have lost in the finals.

I'd say Wade is still worth a pretty penny.
    What players lost the most finals?

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    If Miami were to make a basketball decision to make the team better, I'd say trade Wade. Bosh is needed in the front court. Wade and Cole for Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson.

Then sign and resign

Boozer
    Marion
    Xavier Henry
    Allen
    Haslem
    Ennis
    Oden
    James Jones
    All those players are borderline decent players or guys on the downside of their careers. I don't see Miami getting better, I see them getting worse. They had a nice run but it's over. Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson aren't big difference makers with that lineup with or without Lebron. Holiday isn't a pass first three point threat. Miami is going to need to rebuild. It's apparent that no free agent wants to take a pay cut to play there or at least no young ones. They need to strip down and rebuild. I feel like this is the end of the line for Riley. I think he's the best executive in the history of basketball but I think his time has come. It happens to everyone. I think he's losing touch and I think his press conference was strange. He'll probably assemble a team that's competitive this year and maybe for several years and who knows maybe a 1 seed but their best days are behind them. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it. Lebron is still balling is face off but Wade is in serious decline and Allen didn't look to hot either. With Bosh it's more difficult to say because he gets less looks but I don't think he can put up 25 a game again. I feel like Riley pulled off a huge coup to get all three there and that will be his last hurrah.