Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Pat Riley is getting exposed this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by #number6ix#
    If you ever disrespect Pat Riley again I WILL FIND YOU AND FVCK YOU UP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pat Riley is a joke.
    the only reason why Miami won 2 titles in the last four years( should have been 4), was LEBron. he covered all the flaws on that pathetic team assembled by Riley to a point commentators called them the Miami Cavaliers.
    Riley couldnt get a decent rim protector in 4 years.
    its time for LeBron to move on if he cares about his legacy

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

that hyperbole

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

He isn't getting exposed but it sure looks like the "help" that LeBron wants is drying up.

Lowry? Gone.
    Gortat? Gone.
    Livingston? Gone.

What is left that can help the Heat?
    Deng? Will probably cost more than they can afford
    Marion? Done
    Carter? Quality shooter... but is at a make or break concerning age.

Miami is staring at "LeBron and the spares" again next year.

NBA All-star

I just can't believe what he did to SVG after learning that JVG had worked with him as well with the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    he never had nothing to do with bran going to miami. it was all wade an bosh convincing him. pat is trash

Riley was the one who gave them the capspace to go after Lebron/Bosh in the first place idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Then why are the big 3 betas opting out if there's not really any decent FAs left to sign

Maybe because the deadline to decide whether to opt out/in was before July 1.

Man the stupidity in this thread is staggering.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    I just can't believe what he did to SVG after learning that JVG had worked with him as well with the Knicks.
    I'm not sure how much you know about Riley but he doesn't have a reputation as a nice guy, he has a reputation as a winner. It's unfortunate but basketball is a business and at times you have to be cutthroat. Riley is a winner's winner. The dude's a nut with a hot temper and he doesn't take losing well and is man enough to accept the responsibility and take the job on. It wasn't nice and he's not nice but he got the job done.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Hes been in the league as a coach/exec for 30 years....hes won 7 rings...and built contenders twice who didnt win. The Lakers were there for him to win with but he got the Knicks within Hakeems pinky on Starks jumper from winning it all in 6 games in 94. The Heat were a 60+ win team in the late 90s and he built them from scratch(Signed/traded for Zo, Timmy, Mashburn, and Majerle). Zos kidney issues ruined them but....within 3 years he had them in a game 7 in the ECF....won it all the next season. Blew it up 2 years later....2 years after that he had the best FA summer in NBA history. Won 2 rings in 4 years.

How in the ****...would a bad summer expose a man who already has 7 rings and turned every stop into a contender?

Its like saying Red Aurabach got exposed when he drafted Montross and Antione instead of Eddie Jones and Kobe when the Celtics fell off.

After 50 years of success....you can no longer be exposed.

Kinda the same after 30....
    Everything you said is totally on point and I think that Riley is the best executive ever and one of the best coaches ever and it's very rare for someone to be that good at both. Larry Brown is an excellent coach and has to be one of the worst meddlers and talent evaluators.

I will say this. I feel like Riley's time is over. Not in the sense that he's going to hand out dumb contracts like Billy King but I mean that I feel like the game is passing him by. The assembly of the big three was a tremendous coup and will be the last great thing that he does. He just seemed different in that press conference and a little too pissed and out of touch. It reminded me a little bit of when he left the Lakers but a lot worse. He's the greatest but almost everyone has a shelf life and I think that his is up. And if it isn't, it's still going to take him a few years to make this team good again. Wade needs to grow his game and become a different player or he's going to have a really dark future. Allen is aging and while Bosh is probably bette than his recent stats suggest, I'm not sure what this team can be going forward, other than being competitive in the east. The new CBA has and still is changing the landscape of the league and it's naive to think that young players who have yet to get a payday are going to want to come to Miami at a discount because of the city or winning or Lebron or whatever. While he says they need to retool, I hope he has something up his sleeve because it doesn't seem like they're going to make a big splash in free agency. Moving up to get Napier was good for them and you can never discount a guy who wins two national championships but it's going to take a lot more than him to get them over the hump.