Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lebron 1 of only 2 non soccer players in top 10 most followed athletes (#3)

This is just to show you that an especially loud minority doesn't = reality. Because Lebron haters on ISH want to swear that he's just so hated, doesn't mean that this is the case nationally/globally.

In a world where soccer is overwhelmingly the most popular sport, Lebron managed to be number 3 on a list where the only other NBA player to be found is number 8.

Commence the excuses, and why it doesn't mean anything and why 10 or so kids on ISH >>>> 13 million people (and that's just twitter followers, you can bet his fanbase spreads beyond just twitter).

Number 1 in jersey sales, 2nd most powerful celebrity according to Forbes.

Default Re: Lebron 1 of only 2 non soccer players in top 10 most followed athletes (#3)

He's very popular outside the US.

Default Re: Lebron 1 of only 2 non soccer players in top 10 most followed athletes (#3)

You're using the word hated then citing an article that's describing popularity. A guy can be both very well known and controversial. There's probably a ton of guys that follow LeBron on twitter just to nitpick anything he does.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's very popular outside the US.
    I do agree with that, most of the mixed feelings are within the States. I know a few people from China who said Yao got them into basketball. They are usually either hardcore Kobe fans or LeBron fans. You could usually tell who they are by the bball shoes they wear.

NBA Legend

Who cares.

People need to stop obsessing celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Who cares.

People need to stop obsessing celebrities.
    I like Lebron, but you'll never be able to find me stanning for him. I defend him against a lot of the ridiculous criticisms he gets, but at the same time I also despise this cult of Stans that are rapidly approaching the Kobe ones in obnoxiousness.

That being said, a little perspective is needed. You see all of these basement dwellers on ISH swearing that he's just so hated by the public at large, when it's just not true. Yes, there is a loud minority of very vocal haters of Lebron, but hardly the phenomenon they wish it was. Not like he's been booed at 2 NBA All Star games or anything like that.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Kobe is just as popular

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    You're using the word hated then citing an article that's describing popularity. A guy can be both very well known and controversial. There's probably a ton of guys that follow LeBron on twitter just to nitpick anything he does.
    I'm well aware of that (see Bryant, Kobe the most polarizing sports figure of all time). Simultaneously loved by millions, yet booed in All Star games and routinely on advertising agencies' list of most hated athletes year after year. That's why Kobe never maximized the endorsements as much as you'd think a guy of his stature would (especially after the rape case).

Also, I didn't just point out the twitter article. I pointed out that he's also ranked number 2 on Forbes' most powerful celebrities list. Above the likes of Jay-Z, Oprah, etc. etc. I know it's painful for some, but the fact is he's far more liked than hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    Kobe is just as popular
    Where is Kobe in the top 10 list then? Shaq has him beat and he's retired.

Where is Kobe in the list of most powerful celebrities?

And on and on. Sorry, but Kobe's old news and even when he WAS news he was equally hated and loved. Not so with Lebron.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    I'm well aware of that (see Bryant, Kobe the most polarizing sports figure of all time). Simultaneously loved by millions, yet booed in All Star games and routinely on advertising agencies' list of most hated athletes year after year. That's why Kobe never maximized the endorsements as much as you'd think a guy of his stature would (especially after the rape case).

Also, I didn't just point out the twitter article. I pointed out that he's also ranked number 2 on Forbes' most powerful celebrities list. Above the likes of Jay-Z, Oprah, etc. etc. I know it's painful for some, but the fact is he's far more liked than hated.
    His game took a big step down too in 2004. Took him until 2006, to regain that scoring power he had in 2003.

Where is Kobe in the top 10 list then? Shaq has him beat and he's retired.

Where is Kobe in the list of most powerful celebrities?

And on and on. Sorry, but Kobe's old news and even when he WAS news he was equally hated and loved. Not so with Lebron.

Kobe only joined Twitter last year while LeBron has had a five year head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers

Kobe only joined Twitter last year while LeBron has had a five year head start.
    @ wack excuses.

@ wack excuses.

Know it all my brother why you not on here more often?

Make a comback ala roundball lol

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Know it all my brother why you not on here more often?

Make a comback ala roundball lol
    Dat post count tho