Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I'm not calling you any names dude so unless Jimmy or 'Antoni are your daddy or something, there is no reason to get upset and take it personally. I happen to know quite a lot about the Buss family, I am qualified to speak on them.
    I never met 'Antoni but it doesn't take a genius to know he can't coach, but it does take a moron to give him a 4 year contract
    Lighten up bro, this is an open forum and we all are going to have different opinions....can't get mad, just have to respect everyone's right to say what they feel.....even kkinchen (Luv ya bro )
    Exactly u bi!ching about every decision that lakers make is getting old and running quality posters out of this forum

& fcuk it ....u r not qualified to speak on the buss family...only they can speak on them

But let ur fcuking b!tchin tune continue ... It is for last 3 years
    Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan; 11-27-2013 at 12:35 PM.

NBA lottery pick

The Lakers have made a ton of bad decisions lately. It's shown in the teams performance. I think it's fine for any of the fans to voice complaints about that. Lakers_Kobe_Fan, you should realize by now that your opinion is in a very small minority about the Kobe signing. There are very few that feel this was a good deal. In any sport (whether it's basketball, baseball, or football) giving a player who is 36 and way past their prime a contract that is tops in the sport has never worked well for that team. I think everybody wanted Kobe back, and it's definitely not entirely his fault for taking a deal that he probably figured he wouldn't be offered. You have to admit that on a lot of levels there isn't a lot of this deal that makes sense when trying to put together a championship roster (rather than just putting butts in the seats). The Lakers are going to have a tough rebuilding process now. I feel like this is really what put the Knicks in the hole they are in. They started with 'antoni whose system won't win a championship. They overpaid a guy past his prime (Amare) and went out and got another max guy (Melo) and tried to surround them with shooters. Then they realized that system wouldn't work and they fired 'antoni. The Lakers are going to overpay a guy past his prime (Kobe), attempt to get another max guy (maybe Melo lol), and surround them with shooters. Then 'antoni will eventually be fired. It really doesn't leave a lot of excitement for the future. All we can hope is some kind of blockbuster trade can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Exactly u bi!ching about every decision that lakers make is getting old and running quality posters out of this forum

& fcuk it ....u r not qualified to speak on the buss family...only they can speak on them

But let ur fcuking b!tchin tune continue ... It is for last 3 years

Oh really, running people out of here.....lmao, comical to say the least.
    Funny that I have been right, so if someone doesn't want to hear the truth....too bad. Reality of the bad moves has smacked even most clueless people in the face. As Jack said "You can't handle the truth!!!!!" LOL.
    You want to come into an open forum for what......so that everyone can agree with you???? If not you start cursing at them? I have seen you go on long rants more than once about the same thing, you like anyone have your pet peeves and guess what......I respect your right to say whatever you want as many times as you want to. No one is forcing you to read what I say, you can just skip ahead. I'm not going to track you down and force you to read my comments. Not even the missing Lakerfreak....our great mod can do that...lol. Bottom line is that I have always treated you with respect and class, as we should all treat each other. Those who don't get this should start their own "Homer, kiss the Lakers Front Office" site where they can kick anyone out who disagrees with them.

As for the Buss family......I have been so tempted to say what I know firsthand.....but, i'm not going there. Just know that I told everyone this was going to happen many years ago, because I knew them....I will say no more details.

I think Skip Bayless reads these forums. His argument today was almost word-for-word plagiarized off this thread. Just read first 2 pages and listen to Skip on first take today. Stephen A Smith counters with what Kobe did in his prime 5+ years ago and how dominant he once was. Unbelievable. People think it is perfectly good to pay a 36yr old athlete coming off a HUGE injury without playing a SINGLE GAME based simply on his past prime. This is something the troll konex, who happens to be a Kobe-fanboy, would say on general boards.

Whoever is pointing at the 3 billion tv deal is forgetting that there is a tightening cap lock in place. If there was no cap limit, my argument would be fruitless. Unfortunately there is A CAP OF ~62 MILLION DOLLARS.Once you get over the salary cap, you are limited to the mid-level exception, low-level exception and veteran's minimum then the luxury tax comes. The luxury tax rate is $4.75 for every dollar over cap for a repeater rate (which Lakers are) and it will increase by $0.50 for every $5 million over cap.** If you're 30 mill over the cap, do the math. Are Lakers willing to spend $250m a season?? There are also many other costs that go into running a team - coaching staff, federal+state taxes, Staples center costs millions to run yearly, other staff members, etc etc. Remember, the TV deal runs over a number of years so it is not 3 billion every year.

Ah well, all the media people and most people I know have said this deal was horrendous and attacked Jimmy Buss and Lakers front-office for starting negotiations off at 23m a year. The very idea that they started negotiations at that says ALL I need it to say.

** http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q21
    Last edited by bladefd; 11-27-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Funny that I have been right, so if someone doesn't want to hear the truth....too bad. Reality of the bad moves has smacked even most clueless people in the face. As Jack said "You can't handle the truth!!!!!" LOL.
    You want to come into an open forum for what......so that everyone can agree with you???? If not you start cursing at them? I have seen you go on long rants more than once about the same thing, you like anyone have your pet peeves and guess what......I respect your right to say whatever you want as many times as you want to. No one is forcing you to read what I say, you can just skip ahead. I'm not going to track you down and force you to read my comments. Not even the missing Lakerfreak....our great mod can do that...lol. Bottom line is that I have always treated you with respect and class, as we should all treat each other. Those who don't get this should start their own "Homer, kiss the Lakers Front Office" site where they can kick anyone out who disagrees with them.

As for the Buss family......I have been so tempted to say what I know firsthand.....but, i'm not going there. Just know that I told everyone this was going to happen many years ago, because I knew them....I will say no more details.
    good just shut ur mouth for once

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    good just shut ur mouth for once

You are extremely rude.....and forget it, i will keep saying what I want......nothing you can ever do about it

I bet you scream at your TV and the radio because no one agrees with you on this.....You just can't handle the truth, must be a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think Skip Bayless reads these forums. His argument today was almost word-for-word plagiarized off this thread. Just read first 2 pages and listen to Skip on first take today. Stephen A Smith counters with what Kobe did in his prime 5+ years ago and how dominant he once was. Unbelievable. People think it is perfectly good to pay a 36yr old athlete coming off a HUGE injury without playing a SINGLE GAME based simply on his past prime. This is something the troll konex, who happens to be a Kobe-fanboy, would say on general boards.

Whoever is pointing at the 3 billion tv deal is forgetting that there is a tightening cap lock in place. If there was no cap limit, my argument would be fruitless. Unfortunately there is A CAP OF ~62 MILLION DOLLARS.Once you get over the salary cap, you are limited to the mid-level exception, low-level exception and veteran's minimum then the luxury tax comes. The luxury tax rate is $4.75 for every dollar over cap for a repeater rate (which Lakers are) and it will increase by $0.50 for every $5 million over cap.** If you're 30 mill over the cap, do the math. Are Lakers willing to spend $250m a season?? There are also many other costs that go into running a team - coaching staff, federal+state taxes, Staples center costs millions to run yearly, other staff members, etc etc. Remember, the TV deal runs over a number of years so it is not 3 billion every year.

Ah well, all the media people and most people I know have said this deal was horrendous and attacked Jimmy Buss and Lakers front-office for starting negotiations off at 23m a year. The very idea that they started negotiations at that says ALL I need it to say.

** http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q21

Home of the 16

DK, we love you, but you gotta learn how to chill sometimes. Voice out your opinion about a specific thing for 3 to 5 times (maybe?), & then let it go. NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN even if you constantly bitch about it. It's not like the Buss family comes here & reads our post or anything like that. If you have connections, then hell, please give Jim Buss an earful, we'd really appreciate that. But as far as posts in ISH, it's not gonna make a difference. You can always logically criticize without throwing a jab, feel me? lol & I think that's what's bothering LKF.

WE LOVE YOU DK, REMEMBER THAT, YOU SILLY BITCH.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-28-2013 at 03:37 AM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    He has to get some of his trolling ideas from somewhere so it's definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    DK, we love you, but you gotta learn how to chill sometimes. Voice out your opinion about a specific thing for 3 to 5 times (maybe?), & then let it go. NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN even if you constantly bitch about it. It's not like the Buss family comes here & reads our post or anything like that. If you have connections, then hell, please give Jim Buss an earful, we'd really appreciate that. But as far as posts in ISH, it's not gonna make a difference. You can always logically criticize without throwing a jab, feel me? lol & I think that's what's bothering LKF.

WE LOVE YOU DK, REMEMBER THAT, YOU SILLY BITCH.
    Bro, In case I never told you.....I'm old, and old people repeat themselves and sometimes forget they already said it I have earned the right to do it without having to listen to any young punks (Not You) thinking that they are the ISH police, especially when I can point out things that they themselves have repeated 10 times on here. Worse yet, I don't go cursing or name calling a fellow Lakers fan, that would be disrespectful.....and trust me, I know how to call people names Young dudes have to learn how to disagree with class and respect.

Silly Bitch .........oh the stuff I let you get away with since I know you're joking
    (Should be Old Silly Bitch)

You are extremely rude.....and forget it, i will keep saying what I want......nothing you can ever do about it

I bet you scream at your TV and the radio because no one agrees with you on this.....You just can't handle the truth, must be a kid.
    Lol sure... I m not writing emails to others like u did last time to me

Well sure for screaming at TV... Lol nobody listens or gives a F about u so u r on internet forum saying u got 2 nice cars, coaching job that ur players dony care

So u r here in public forum fake showing off to people

Well continue with ur BS b!tching about jim buss, mitch and the lakers... On a lakers forum

Dont expect my reply

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

I don't know why anybody would take anything personal on this forum. Just read whatever is posted and get over it. This is the best forum (by far) out of any of the teams, and everyone can see that there's passionate fans about this team. If DK posts something you don't like, you don't have to make it personal. If someone posts something that's obviously not of popular opinion (Lakers_Kobe_Fan for example) of course people are going to say otherwise. It doesn't mean we all don't like each other. We're all on the same side. Everybody has the same goal for the same team. Quit taking everything so personal!!!!

Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't know why anybody would take anything personal on this forum. Just read whatever is posted and get over it. This is the best forum (by far) out of any of the teams, and everyone can see that there's passionate fans about this team. If DK posts something you don't like, you don't have to make it personal. If someone posts something that's obviously not of popular opinion (Lakers_Kobe_Fan for example) of course people are going to say otherwise. It doesn't mean we all don't like each other. We're all on the same side. Everybody has the same goal for the same team. Quit taking everything so personal!!!!
    I agree with u but i am here since 2006

It really ruins for everybody else when u sing the same tone for 3 yrs

Nobody is taking it personally but i think it dilutes any discussion on this forum when no matter what topic u blame same person

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    The Lakers have made a ton of bad decisions lately. It's shown in the teams performance. I think it's fine for any of the fans to voice complaints about that. Lakers_Kobe_Fan, you should realize by now that your opinion is in a very small minority about the Kobe signing. There are very few that feel this was a good deal. In any sport (whether it's basketball, baseball, or football) giving a player who is 36 and way past their prime a contract that is tops in the sport has never worked well for that team. I think everybody wanted Kobe back, and it's definitely not entirely his fault for taking a deal that he probably figured he wouldn't be offered. You have to admit that on a lot of levels there isn't a lot of this deal that makes sense when trying to put together a championship roster (rather than just putting butts in the seats). The Lakers are going to have a tough rebuilding process now. I feel like this is really what put the Knicks in the hole they are in. They started with 'antoni whose system won't win a championship. They overpaid a guy past his prime (Amare) and went out and got another max guy (Melo) and tried to surround them with shooters. Then they realized that system wouldn't work and they fired 'antoni. The Lakers are going to overpay a guy past his prime (Kobe), attempt to get another max guy (maybe Melo lol), and surround them with shooters. Then 'antoni will eventually be fired. It really doesn't leave a lot of excitement for the future. All we can hope is some kind of blockbuster trade can be made.
    A ton? I don't like the huge contract they offered Kobe and the MDA hiring was horrible.
    But what else?
    They could have gotten CP3, if not for Stern stopping it.
    They traded Odom who was obviously out of it.
    They traded an injury prone center (who has failed to put together consecutive quality games)who is on a verge of retiring.
    They acquired cheap FA's mostly for 1 year contracts.