Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Lebron is not getting double-teamed

This explains his abnormally high scoring average.

MJ and Shaq never played in a series where they didn't get doubled-teamed - they never enjoyed single-coverage every game like Lebron does.. Back when MJ and Shaq were playing, it would've been considered ludicrous to play these guys straight up.

Of course, in addition to never getting double-teamed, Lebron also enjoys weakside spacing that allows him play 1-on-1 with zero help defenders on the strongside... But this thread isn't about how the weakside spacing allows him to face 1-defender strongsides.

This thread isn't about that.. It's about how he isn't getting double-teamed, while MJ and Shaq always did.. Let Lebron face the same double-teaming MJ/Shaq faced, and his stats aren't as good... Or conversely, let MJ/Shaq face the same single-coverage and empty strongsides that Lebron faces, and their stats would be in the stratosphere (higher than the 40 PPG they already achieved).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BlOTeoZVE&t=0m4s
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-11-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: Lebron is not getting double-teamed

Why are you back?

Shut up you f[COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]g[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]oty ass piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Shut up you f[COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]g[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]oty ass piece of shit.

This dude will kill himself if Lebron wins with the Cavs. I'm not even kidding.

It's a testament to the respect Kerr has to Bron's passing abilities and ability to get his teammates involved. But still, you can't just let a guy like Bron operate in the post like that on single coverage with no help. You have to take your chances with him passing out and get the ball out of his hands.

It's really unheard of for a superstar of Bron's caliber to see single coverage for almost the entire game or series. Guys that great demand the double team. And that is why they are great. Because they are the focal point of the D every night, face the constant doubles and can still dominate.

College superstar

I can't for the life of me, figure out why Kerr doesn't double Lebron.

Lebron is dictating the pace of the game so well that it's disrupting the entire Warriors offense. They're used to a faster pace transition game and they've shown how good they can be when they can dictate the pace of the game with the 19 point come back.

If they double Lebron and make the other players beat them, they're bound to push the pace of the game just because no one else can make the plays Lebron can, or dictate the pace of the game like he does. They're also bound to make more mistakes which the Warriors are known to capitalize on.

It's REALLY frustrating.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Ok?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i have a feeling u wont be back for long

Playoffs is all about adjustments. If one team does one thing great, you adjust and take that away and see how it works out. Kerr is sort of showing is lack of experience.

As a Clippers fan, I know exactly why Del Negro got fired a couple of years ago. We were up 2-0 in the series against Memphis and lost the next 4. Mostly because he simply refused to double Zo/Gasol down low until it was way too late, like in the 6th game. Everyone who knew anything knew we needed to throw hard doubles at them but Del Negro refused to do it. Zo/Gasol were ripping Griffin/DJ apart.

Kerr needs to adjust.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    This explains his abnormally high scoring average.

MJ and Shaq never played in a series where they didn't get doubled-teamed - they never enjoyed single-coverage every game like Lebron does.. Back when MJ and Shaq were playing, it would've been considered ludicrous to play these guys straight up.
    Detroit singled Shaq for the majority of the 2004 Finals.

Yes, I already posted about this - http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=379222

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Playoffs is all about adjustments. If one team does one thing great, you adjust and take that away and see how it works out. Kerr is sort of showing is lack of experience.

As a Clippers fan, I know exactly why Del Negro got fired a couple of years ago. We were up 2-0 in the series against Memphis and lost the next 4. Mostly because he simply refused to double Zo/Gasol down low until it was way too late, like in the 6th game. Everyone who knew anything knew we needed to throw hard doubles at them but Del Negro refused to do it. Zo/Gasol were ripping Griffin/DJ apart.

Kerr needs to adjust.
    Great point and I completely agree. This Warriors team can be so deadly, but I feel like Kerr is being too cautious right now simply because they've played such good defense against the Cavs. The only problem is, their offense is suffering because of it.

you're like a jehova's witness at the door. dont you get it i dont want your brochures. just gtfo off my porch

Wow....not getting double teamed and he's still averaging 8.3apg? Crazy!