Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: This ain't ISH's LeBron James...

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    He still isn't Michael because his midrange shot isn't as consistent. Other than that though he's turned into an equal. That is assuming he continues this relentless effort
    So when it comes to guarding big men for stretches, defending the paint and blocking shots occasionally, running the point and facilitating an entire offense, and rebounding... LeBron is just Jordan's equal at those things?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    So when it comes to guarding big men for stretches, defending the paint and blocking shots occasionally, running the point and facilitating an entire offense, and rebounding... LeBron is just Jordan's equal at those things?
    Tell it. He's playing with doofs like Mozgov and Smith, for Christ's sake. And taking it to a team that I thought would win in 5 or 6.

The only thing stopping LeBron right now is LeBron.

He's better than Kobe. That's for sure. No way Kobe does anything close to what Lebron is going with this team.

I think even the haters knew that Lebron is more of a team player.

But he's not touching MJ. Not ever. He's still choking at the end of games and he's not consistent enough in that regard. He was good at the end of Game 3 but really bad at the end of the first two games. I can't imagine MJ ever choking like that. Hesitant to shoot, missing lay ups, bad TOs.

And it's not like this series is over.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe

But he's not touching MJ. Not ever. He's still choking at the end of games and he's not consistent enough in that regard. He was good at the end of Game 3 but really bad at the end of the first two games. I can't imagine MJ ever choking like that. Hesitant to shoot, missing lay ups, bad TOs.

Well if you let statistics, individual accomplishments tell the story, he's already "touching" MJ. He probably will never pass him but if anyone is in the conversation with MJ, it's Lebron.

Problem is Lebron is already behind MJ in PER, and that's including MJ's Wizard years. Lebron's PER doesn't yet include his end-of-career decline so he really has no chance to pass him on PER.

However if Lebron wins the title this year it's greater than any single accomplishment that MJ ever had. Doesn't mean he's the greater player but it's a big notch in the team accomplishment belt.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BBallZen83
    and yet you are a Kobe fan who probably believes Kobe's first 3 are legit.
    Of course they are "legit". He played great ball during those runs, if you were around to watch. To demand that Lebron gets props for everything he rightfully deserves while easily dismissing three of another player's rings isn't credible.

Lebron is playing great ball and I do think he's in route to doing something both Kobe and Jordan would have had difficulty doing. He's changed seemingly as a player to address past deficits. It's a joy to watch if you have no agenda and just appreciate the game.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Only on ISH does 1 legit ring make you GOAT . Technically speaking, this is basically his first championship and he's leapfrogged to GOAT...how?

Let's cut the shit, he's never surpassing Godbe. I gotta hand it to him though, if he wins this series he breaks into my top 15.

Let's not act like if Curry and Draymond weren't choking hard the Cavs would still be winning.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Let's not act like if Curry and Draymond weren't choking hard the Cavs would still be winning.
    Agree, but what's causing the choke? A seasoned champion coming straight at them. Who's gonna foul James the right way? Not these twerps.

NBA lottery pick

He breaks into the top 7-8 if he wins it all here, but still a ways to go until he gets into the top 5.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Nah im just talking about overall impact as a player. Bron does some things better, as did Jordan. The midrange consistency is what still sets then apart overall. When Lebrons hitting he's every bit the player. But Jordan always was it seemed.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Nah im just talking about overall impact as a player. Bron does some things better, as did Jordan. The midrange consistency is what still sets then apart overall. When Lebrons hitting he's every bit the player. But Jordan always was it seemed.

Well midrange isnt as important in this era. The edge Lebron has over MJ in combined three pointers made or set up pretty much nullifies any advantage MJ has in midrange iso.

Also, when your best player is team oriented, you just get more out of your whole team. Thats why MJ and Kobe cant carry bad or mediocre teams. Theyre iso guys who only get assist numbers bc they have the ball so much, not bc theyre genuinely looking to make plays. Lebron may not shoot midrange like MJ or contested fadeaways like Kobe, but he maximizes more value from his team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Who's lebron top 10 competition?
    A buncha Greek Gods and Marvel superheroes at this point. This nigguh way past mortals.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakeshow1
    Of course they are "legit". He played great ball during those runs, if you were around to watch. To demand that Lebron gets props for everything he rightfully deserves while easily dismissing three of another player's rings isn't credible.

Lebron is playing great ball and I do think he's in route to doing something both Kobe and Jordan would have had difficulty doing. He's changed seemingly as a player to address past deficits. It's a joy to watch if you have no agenda and just appreciate the game.
    That's exactly my point, but flipped to address that Goatbe troll. He was trying to discredit Lebron's past two rings, which by the way he won as the man and won fmvp. But I am sure a guy like that wants Kobe's first 3 rings to count. I agree, those rings do count, but Goatbe can't have it both ways. If Lebron's last 2 rings as THE MAN don't count, then Kobe's first 3 rings as 1b to Shaq definitely don't count. See where I am coming from now?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BBallZen83
    That's exactly my point, but flipped to address that Goatbe troll. He was trying to discredit Lebron's past two rings, which by the way he won as the man and won fmvp. But I am sure a guy like that wants Kobe's first 3 rings to count. I agree, those rings do count, but Goatbe can't have it both ways. If Lebron's last 2 rings as THE MAN don't count, then Kobe's first 3 rings as 1b to Shaq definitely don't count. See where I am coming from now?
    My bad misinterpreting you.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    He's better than Kobe. That's for sure. No way Kobe does anything close to what Lebron is going with this team.

I think even the haters knew that Lebron is more of a team player.

This.

LBJ wll never be as great as MJ, even if he makes 2-3 buzzer beaters to close the series, MJ's career is damn near flawless for case of goat