Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So you telling me Billups went to 6 straight ECFs and 1 WCF to Chris Paul's 0?

Chauncey >>>>>>>> Paul as a matter of fact.

What a legend, Mr Big Shot ladies

Last edited by k0kakw0rld; 06-11-2015 at 08:30 AM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: So you telling me Billups went to 6 straight ECFs and 1 WCF to CP3's 0?

CP0

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: So you telling me Billups went to 6 straight ECFs and 1 WCF to CP3's 0?

The east is strong with this one.

Nigguh got a ring too

Default Re: So you telling me Billups went to 6 straight ECFs and 1 WCF to Chris Paul's 0?

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld

Chauncey >>>>>>>> Paul as a matter of fact.

What a legend, Mr Big Shot ladies

That picture of CP0

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

They didn't call him Mr. Big Shot for nothing, and to be fair that Pistons team was pretty legit back then. Was super upset that Dumars drafted Milicic over Carmelo though.

Can only imagine how many rings Melo would have right now

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

1 > 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mawly-G
    They didn't call him Mr. Big Shot for nothing, and to be fair that Pistons team was pretty legit back then. Was super upset that Dumars drafted Milicic over Carmelo though.

Can only imagine how many rings Melo would have right now
    Team ball > Hero ball

Decent college freshman

Put CP3 in the East on that type of squad for all those years and see how many ECFs he gets to...

Billups was a special player, no doubt. One of the more underrated stars of his era.

Absolutely shat on Kobe and Parker in consecutive years.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Put CP3 in the East on that type of squad for all those years and see how many ECFs he gets to...

Assumptions,assumptions

Fact is he got bullied by Westbrook last playoffs...and did the worst chokejob in playoffs history this time around

As a #1 scoring option, Gus Williams (a scoring-type of PG) went to 2 Finals, won one of them while averaging 29 PPG on 49%, played in multiple 50+W's teams.
    He spent his prime - 7 combined seasons - putting up 20/6, all-nba 1st once, 5th in MVP voting once...

The Wizard is vastly overlooked and look at some of the things he was doing... Doesn't mean I'd take Gus over CP3 or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    A trade happened, A.I. to Detroit and Billups to Denver. What happened?

Denver reached the 2009 WCF and they lost to Kobe and the Lakers.

Another thing CP3 has failed to achieve period.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    Assumptions,assumptions

Fact is he got bullied by Westbrook last playoffs...and did the worst chokejob in playoffs history this time around
    You say I'm making assumptions he'd advance further in the East yet you're assuming he'd have the same "ceiling" in terms of playoff success...

He choked in Game 5 last year and the whole team choked (and so did Doc, which many of us predicted last summer) vs. Houston. He's the leader so he gets blamed, rightly so. But you seriously think he couldn't have more success in a weaker conference? If not, that's shortsighted. CP3's a better player than Billups.

You're assuming he'd choke in tight games vs. worse competition. Haven't we said he/his team can beat inferior squads but he struggles against better opponents?

Also, not like Westbrook absolutely destroyed him- he had a pretty good series himself...lots of confirmation bias in this one.

And yes, Billups went to a WCF once. Not denying what he did as a player. People say other guys who play in the East would have less success in the West and those who play in the West would have more success in the East- so why can't CP3? Doesn't change for me that he/his team massively choked, but just food for thought...
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 06-11-2015 at 01:36 PM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Billups was a beast for a while