Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Definitive Topic: LeBron vs Kobe

Kobestans are out in force right now. Branstans are obviously feeling good right now because this guy is a monster and killing it.

Do any non-kobestans think there is a debate here

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The Definitive Topic: LeBron vs Kobe

There is no debate...unless you're a delusional Kobe stan...and I'm a much bigger fan of Bryant than I am of James.

LeBron from 08-15 has been better than Kobe ever was. LeBron is a better player. Kobe is arguably more accomplished.

That bold word there is what created all of these complicated arguments and stanisms. Hopefully LeBron wins this year and more so this shit can be put to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Kobestans are out in force right now. Branstans are obviously feeling good right now because this guy is a monster and killing it.

Do any non-kobestans think there is a debate here
    It's amazing what has transpired in the last five years. By the end of the 2010 Finals, Kobe was generally recognized as the best player in the world. And he was clearly a Top-10 player of all-time.

Now, with age, injuries, poor supporting casts...he seems to have slipped dramatically.

Makes no sense.

As for OP...a peak Kobe and a peak Lebron are very close. I might give Lebron a slight edge. But barring injuries, Lebron's career resume will easily surpass Kobe's.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    It's amazing what has transpired in the last five years. By the end of the 2010 Finals, Kobe was generally recognized as the best player in the world. And he was clearly a Top-10 player of all-time.

Now, with age, injuries, poor supporting casts...he seems to have slipped dramatically.

Makes no sense.

As for OP...a peak Kobe and a peak Lebron are very close. I might give Lebron a slight edge. But barring injuries, Lebron's career resume will easily surpass Kobe's.
    He dropped because Lebron and Duncan

Both belong in the top 10.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Both belong in top 10, LeBron is better though

Love Live Life

This crap again

Geez if you talking bout right now in 2015 then YES of course Lebron is better.

But if we talking the all-time list then I would be hesitant to put Lebron over Kobe at this point.

Lets just wait till Bron retire though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    This crap again

Geez if you talking bout right now in 2015 then YES of course Lebron is better.

But if we talking the all-time list then I would be hesitant to put Lebron over Kobe at this point.

Lets just wait till Bron retire though.
    You sure brah, I think Kobe's been slightly better this year

Lebron will officially pass Kobe after winning this title, FMVP. He's already passed Kobe in the eyes of many but it won't even be debatable after this series. Also don't forget Lebron is 7 years younger than Kobe so the gap will just continue to widen . Lebron hating Kobe stans will be extinct soon.

Wish we could have seen a prime Kobe-led team vs. a prime LeBron-led team.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Wish we could have seen a prime Kobe-led team vs. a prime LeBron-led team.
    It unfortunately never would've coincided prime for prime beyond the 2008 season. LeBron was entering his prime that year, and that was the last true season of Kobe's prime. 2009, and 2010 were gradual declines.

As for the comparison? It's so difficult, but I think the uniqueness of LeBron makes him greater historically. A guy who can volume score like Kobe. All around, versatility, including defensively like Pippen. A team leader, Point Forward, and passer like Magic. The handle of Penny Hardaway.

Better? Depends who you ask. More accomplished? Arguable either way as well. Kobe's rings, or LeBron's individual accolades?

After seeing LeBron wreck my Bulls in 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2015? I just fear facing him more, granted we saw him more, and didn't face Kobe ever in his prime. LeBron might just be a more dominant player, and point blank has more impact. Kobe is incredible, and a beautiful player to watch. Aesthetically, and intensity wise similar to MJ. Both guys play both ends of the floor, which I love. But what LeBron has done from 2009 - Now is incredible. The dimensions to his game is jaw dropping.

im def not kobe stan.

what do hur lebron a little bit is the fact that he still has just defeated 7x 50 win teams in his playoff career....thats telaly not an impressive number.... shaq less kobe, dirk, of course duncan etc have more.....

but i just like lebrons dominance when he gets the ball and dirves to the basket. nobody can stp him. this athelic dominance is just beatiful to watch

Banned

LeBron James.

LeBron isn't even top 5 at this point