Default Is it Doc or just the players on the Clippers?

Is Doc still a top 3 or 5 coach in the NBA? Is Doc responsible for the Clippers' woes or is it just the squad they have? Think he's been getting shitted on a lot lately (i find it a bit unfair) but he and Pop were considered the top 2 coaches for a while when he was with the Celtics

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Is it Doc or just the players on the Clippers?

doc has never warranted being regarded as a top tier coach

he won a championship and everybody started fawning over him

it's his job to make the players work. the clippers have as much talent as any team in the league. and like every other team in the league, there are personalities that conflict and require wise management. that's what the fcking coach is for. so far doc hasn't shown th acumen needed to make his team play the way they need to play

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    doc has never warranted being regarded as a top tier coach

he won a championship and everybody started fawning over him

it's his job to make the players work. the clippers have as much talent as any team in the league. and like every other team in the league, there are personalities that conflict and require wise management. that's what the fcking coach is for. so far doc hasn't shown th acumen needed to make his team play the way they need to play
    http://nesn.com/2012/01/is-doc-river...ch-in-the-nba/

he was regarded as a top tier coach by many..

i know ISH is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of place, but he gel'ed that boston team together the first year and we all know how hard it is to win that first year you have multiple all-stars come together for the first time.

Decent college freshman

I don't understand why they involve DJ more in the offense. I disagree with Chuck that if he isn't dunking he can't contribute offensively. He did really well when Blake was injured last season. He had a lot of good offensive games that weren't just dunks.

Doc told him he would involve him more in the offense if he came back to the Clippers. So far it hasn't happened. Instead the offense outside of Blake and CP3 has been left to Crawford and Rivers.