Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Would the Knicks have been contenders if LMA went there?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I still think the Knicks look best when they Melo plays PF, where there's room for him to operate in that mid post, and take advantage of whatever kind of defender teams choose to throw at him.

Lopez is sort of a perfect fit at Center because he defends at the rim and can generally stay out of the way on offense and thrive off smart cuts and rebounds. And things get special during those stretches when Porzingis is going because he gives protection, and stretches offensively. I haven't really seen a ton of them playing all three together, and I watch way more Knicks than I care to admit (they're my local coverage, along with the Nets).

As much as I like Aldridge, and don't feel like the spacing would've worked.
    Afflalo at the 3, Melo at the 4, Zingis at the 5

pair that combination with two PG's and the Knicks would be a crazy small ball team

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    Afflalo at the 3, Melo at the 4, Zingis at the 5

pair that combination with two PG's and the Knicks would be a crazy small ball team
    Knicks have a hard enough time sporting 1 legit PG and you want 2 on the court?

I like the rookie Grant, but he has ways to go. I like Galloway as well. But he's good off the bench.

it depends on what you undertsand exactly by "contender". with LMA i would see the knicks seriously reaching the ECF. and then everything is possible