Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Curry vs Bron Wade Durant CP3 best seasons

Since everyone has played very different minutes (but all superstars so easily comparable/same eras), these are there per 36 (from bball reference) numbers for their BEST season.

Curry (15-16)
    34.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 5.8 apg on 52, 45, 93

Lebron (09-10)
    27.4 ppg, 7.9 apg, 6.7 rpg on 50, 33, 77

Durant (13-14)
    29.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 5.1 apg on 50, 39, 87

Wade (08-09)
    28.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 7.0 apg on 49, 32, 77

CP3 (08-09)
    21.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 10.3 apg on 50, 36, 87

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Default Re: Curry vs Bron Wade Durant CP3 best seasons

Why don't you put their per game stats... brb penalising players who pace themselves/have the stamina so they can play longer.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

07-08 Bron doe

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Maybe I'm odd...but shouldn't you wait till the season is over before you make a thread like this? You're comparing a guy who has played 13 games to players who did what they did for an entire season...that's just idiotic.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-20-2015 at 07:45 AM.

You do realize this season just started? Wow ISH is retarded pre-playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Maybe I'm odd...but shouldn't you wait till the season is over before you make a thread like this? You're comparing a guy who has played 13 games to players who did what they did for an entire season...that's just idiotic.
    Not just that, but using per 36? I would understand if the pace was ridiculously different, but that's not the issue. Heck, the '09 Heat actually played at a MUCH slower pace than the Warriors.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Since everyone has played very different minutes (but all superstars so easily comparable/same eras), these are there per 36 (from bball reference) numbers for their BEST season.

Curry (15-16)
    34.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 5.8 apg on 52, 45, 93

Lebron (09-10)
    27.4 ppg, 7.9 apg, 6.7 rpg on 50, 33, 77

Durant (13-14)
    29.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 5.1 apg on 50, 39, 87

Wade (08-09)
    28.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 7.0 apg on 49, 32, 77

CP3 (08-09)
    21.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 10.3 apg on 50, 36, 87

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    Why don't you put their per game stats... brb penalising players who pace themselves/have the stamina so they can play longer.
    So Curry should get penalized because he helps his team be so good that he plays less minutes?

There is a reason he went up to 29 ppg in the playoffs. He needed to be out there more.

Since they are all superstars it makes sense (not comparing a 10 mpg player to a 37 mpg player) to equalize the minutes played part of what they did.

I'm not discounting that more minutes played and more stats is great. Those other plays get +1 for me for doing that.

However, in that same line of thought process, to compare per game averages doesn't really tell the whole story when they've all played different minutes per game.

Does anyone here really think that if Curry played 3 more minutes a game he wouldn't have +2 or 3 points to his average...

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

As some of you may have come to learn I am a longtime Pacers fan and an Ex-Fan of OKC and a fan of the Cavaliers as well. I also did follow the Heat for some time, wasn't a huge fan though. I have to say Curry has been the best by far.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

So Curry should get penalized because he helps his team be so good that he plays less minutes?

There is a reason he went up to 29 ppg in the playoffs. He needed to be out there more.

Since they are all superstars it makes sense (not comparing a 10 mpg player to a 37 mpg player) to equalize the minutes played part of what they did.

I'm not discounting that more minutes played and more stats is great. Those other plays get +1 for me for doing that.

However, in that same line of thought process, to compare per game averages doesn't really tell the whole story when they've all played different minutes per game.

Does anyone here really think that if Curry played 3 more minutes a game he wouldn't have +2 or 3 points to his average...
    You compare their games, not minutes, that ridiculous. You think if Lebron was able to rest for another 6 minutes a game he wouldn't have more energy, and be more efficient?

You're penalising players who are staying in the game for longer and therefore having to exert more energy on the defensive end as well as offensive. You're rewarding Curry for having the opportunity to rest most games.

Maybe Currys style of play, physical ability means he couldn't sustain higher minutes for a whole season or he would break down, become less effective. You use per game.

All I know is that Wilt's per 36 still beat's Curry's.

His efficiency dropped by 4% and averaged a TOV more. Now imagine him doing that for 82 games. THEN playing heaving minutes in the PO's. Can his body handle it? How much more would his stats drop because of the increase in playing time?

28/5/6/2 on 60% TS, playing 39 minutes a game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    brb penalizing players who blow out teams in 2 quarters and don't have to stat pad

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    You do realize this season just started? Wow ISH is retarded pre-playoffs.
    I saw 2 non-troll threads/posts yesterday legit state that Curry is better offensively than Kobe or Bird.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    brb penalizing players who blow out teams in 2 quarters and don't have to stat pad
    Bro Curry hit 2 threes in the last minute of his 46 point game last week in a blowout