Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Ken Berg: Jim Buss Open to Trading Bynum-maybe a 3 team trade

Orlando has leverage? What leverage is that. Howard has said he will only sign an extension for the Lakers or Dallas. The Mavs literally don't have any assets Orlando would want. Everyone is old and makes a lot of $$$. Which leaves LA. LA has to deal to get him but they are the only shop in town.

I really don't see why Bynum is considered to be such an asset. Me makes 15M+ per season and has been out more than he has played in recent years. But he seems to be the best they can get.

Hammond was GM of the year two years ago (Bucks). He isn't going to trade Bogut for a chronically injured Bynum. And there really aren't a lot of assets on the Lakers (this means guys with palatable deals that other teams want) the Bucks would be willing to part with their best player for.

I was impressed with the deal Denver ended up getting for Melo considering it was a one team deal. But NYK had to worry about possible franchise tag in the new CBA, etc. There really isn't any such hope for Orl.

Making moves to bring in Chris Paul will suffice since we need a point guard who is not named derek fisher right now.

but I'm not saying we shouldn't get Dwight Howard...

but getting both? (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/33582541)

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Making moves to bring in Chris Paul will suffice since we need a point guard who is not named derek fisher right now.

but I'm not saying we shouldn't get Dwight Howard...

but getting both? (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/33582541)

Greedy SOBs...

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Lakers will always be relevant cause of the market and history of the team. Would love to see Howard on the Lakers to help Kobe get number 6.

Decent college freshman

Why don't the Lakers go after Bogut instead?

Bogut is a very good defender, rebounder, passer and can score in the post.

Why would Mil do it? Bogut is way better than Bynum

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    They should ask for both Bynum and Gasol and include Arenas. This is not like the Melo situation. The Lakers can't outright sign him in the offseason. The Magic have leverage when it comes to what they get in the deal. Lakers can't just say "take whatever shitty deal we give you now or we"ll take him for nothing later."
    No they don't. The Lakers can just tell them we will wait if you don't want Bynum or Gasol. Howard does not need to sign extension if Orlando want to move him. He can flat out refuse and Magic has no choice but to let him go whenever he wants to go and sign that extension. The Lakers are not desperate for big man. What they need is a defensive guard who is quick enough to stay in front of guys like Paul, Barea or Terry. The Lakers can win with Bynum and Gasol but they will trade either one of them in a heartbeat if they can get Howard. Lakers have a team option on Bynum next year. If they can't get Howard, they can easily pick up the option. I think that is what they planning to do. They will do amnesty on Walton, used the midlevel for a quick defensive guard and they are set to go.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Orlando has leverage? What leverage is that. Howard has said he will only sign an extension for the Lakers or Dallas. The Mavs literally don't have any assets Orlando would want. Everyone is old and makes a lot of $$$. Which leaves LA. LA has to deal to get him but they are the only shop in town.

I really don't see why Bynum is considered to be such an asset. Me makes 15M+ per season and has been out more than he has played in recent years. But he seems to be the best they can get.

Hammond was GM of the year two years ago (Bucks). He isn't going to trade Bogut for a chronically injured Bynum. And there really aren't a lot of assets on the Lakers (this means guys with palatable deals that other teams want) the Bucks would be willing to part with their best player for.

I was impressed with the deal Denver ended up getting for Melo considering it was a one team deal. But NYK had to worry about possible franchise tag in the new CBA, etc. There really isn't any such hope for Orl.
    Bynum can be productive when healthy. If you make him a first option or second option and play 38 plus minutes, he can blossom. He is the type of player you can run your offense with. The only concern is because of his bum knee, he lost some of that explosiveness but it's hard to tell unless he will play a full season without any hiccup.

I don't see why any team would even consider aquiring bynum at the cost of howard or bogut. Bynum has had surgery on both knees. I don't see how those knees would be able to take the pounding of being the first option on a bad team for 75+ games year in and out.

hmm... I wonder who'll be the better sidekick, Kobe or Bron?

[COLOR="White"]/trolling[/COLOR]

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ClutchBucketz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    hmm... I wonder who'll be the better sidekick, Kobe or Bron?

[COLOR="White"]/trolling[/COLOR]

Ken Berger

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Orlando has leverage? What leverage is that. Howard has said he will only sign an extension for the Lakers or Dallas.
    The leverage is that they have to accept a deal for the Lakers to get him at all. This isn't a Melo/Knicks situation where Melo was able to wait till the offseason to outright sign with the Knicks if the Nuggets didn't like any deal the Knicks offered beforehand. The Nuggets had very little negotiating power in the Melo. Without taking what the Knicks were offering, all they were doing was just delaying the inevitable by like half a season. If the Magic don't take what the Lakers are offering, the Lakers don't get Howard AT ALL.
    Last edited by guy; 12-01-2011 at 10:45 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    No they don't. The Lakers can just tell them we will wait if you don't want Bynum or Gasol. Howard does not need to sign extension if Orlando want to move him. He can flat out refuse and Magic has no choice but to let him go whenever he wants to go and sign that extension. The Lakers are not desperate for big man. What they need is a defensive guard who is quick enough to stay in front of guys like Paul, Barea or Terry. The Lakers can win with Bynum and Gasol but they will trade either one of them in a heartbeat if they can get Howard. Lakers have a team option on Bynum next year. If they can't get Howard, they can easily pick up the option. I think that is what they planning to do. They will do amnesty on Walton, used the midlevel for a quick defensive guard and they are set to go.
    You're acting like their isn't an enormous difference between Bynum and Howard right now and especially the future. We're talking about a top 3 player in the league who will dominate for the next decade vs. a top 30 player at best that has problems staying on the court and probably will decline into a fringe role player over the next decade if he isn't out of the league altogether due to injuries.
    Last edited by guy; 12-01-2011 at 10:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Thanks GM. I'm sure you also believed we couldn't get Gasol for Kwame. Just shut up.
    Is a former Laker all time great a GM for the Magic, the way Jerry West was GM for the Grizzlies?