Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Ken Berg: Jim Buss Open to Trading Bynum-maybe a 3 team trade

I don't see why the Magic wouldn't ask for Gasol as well AND make the Lakers take one of Hedo or Arenas. They have the leverage to dictate the terms on what they get back in return.

I usually hit open layups mountainmamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I don't see why the Magic wouldn't ask for Gasol as well AND make the Lakers take one of Hedo or Arenas. They have the leverage to dictate the terms on what they get back in return.

Because the lakers will tell them to FO

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

You don't want Howard & Bynum if you're the Lakers. The trade has always seemed to be Howard & Hedo for Bynum & Odom.

Unless the Lakers would consider moving out Gasol for Howard and then ship Bynum out in another trade.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I'd like that even less. The Clippers really have a great piece with that Minny pick. Just a matter if anyone wants to go there.
    It's a fair deal for Howard, but put yourself in Clippers shoes for a second. We as fans always get too excited and jump the gun. Would you as a GM sacrifice a possible high-lottery pick in a loaded draft, one of the best young shooting guards in the league and DeAndre Jordan (nice project center) for a superstar who might simply refuse to play for your team?

It's pretty clear that Howard wants to play in Los Angeles, specifically the Lakers. I am not sure what his feelings are towards the Clippers; I mean I personally would think it'll be a better fit for him. Lakers are getting old; sure he might get a ring or two before Gasol/Kobe/Lamar set sails, but then there is uncertainty. He'll be looked at as a glory-hunter, and probably hated by many.
    If he goes to the Clippers; he'll be playing along-side Griffin for the next ten years, in Los Angeles at that. It's a not brainer to me, and I am a Laker fan.

Look, I'd be thrilled if we somehow magically land Howard and only loss Bynum. But I am a realist, and god usually doesn't strike too often. He already landed us Gasol when we really needed a big man, I just don't see us getting another gift like this.

And to be honest, I am quite content with my team this season. MANY people are overlooking the Lakers; I personally think they'll be back with a vengeance and regain their throne.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Bynum might be a better Center than Lopez, but He too injury prone. If I am the Magic I ask for Gasol, Bynum, Artest and future first round pick in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 NBA Draft for Howard and Hedo.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 12-01-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Bynum might be a better Center than Lopez, but He too injury prone. If I am the Magic I ask for Gasol, Bynum, and future first round pick in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 NBA Draft for Howard and Hedo.
    you can't trade first rounders in consecutive years. And thats too much.

I rep Lakers!

Trading Bynum for Howard does nothing for the Lakers. To me if Bynum stays healthy he brings just as much to the table as Howard. We need a POINT GUARD not a center. I wish they would shift their focus to Deron Williams...

Bynum+Gasol for Dwight+Nelson+Redick+Anderson?

seems more fair

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Trading Bynum for Howard does nothing for the Lakers. To me if Bynum stays healthy he brings just as much to the table as Howard. We need a POINT GUARD not a center. I wish they would shift their focus to Deron Williams...
    that's a pretty big if, since he has never stayed healthy.

if dwight howard develops Hakeem's post game, he would be the best player in the league

3-time NBA All-Star

You don't want Howard & Bynum if you're the Lakers. The trade has always seemed to be Howard & Hedo for Bynum & Odom.

Unless the Lakers would consider moving out Gasol for Howard and then ship Bynum out in another trade.
    They should ask for both Bynum and Gasol and include Arenas. This is not like the Melo situation. The Lakers can't outright sign him in the offseason. The Magic have leverage when it comes to what they get in the deal. Lakers can't just say "take whatever shitty deal we give you now or we"ll take him for nothing later."

They should ask for both Bynum and Gasol and include Arenas. This is not like the Melo situation. The Lakers can't outright sign him in the offseason. The Magic have leverage when it comes to what they get in the deal. Lakers can't just say "take whatever shitty deal we give you now or we"ll take him for nothing later."
    You're right the Lakers can't outright sign him in the offseason but other teams can and will. So get a decent replacement while you can. Bynum and Odom will suffice.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Bynum might be a better Center than Lopez, but He too injury prone. If I am the Magic I ask for Gasol, Bynum, Artest and future first round pick in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 NBA Draft for Howard and Hedo.
    Maybe if it was Gasol & Bynum demanding their ticket out of LA.
    Why would Orlando even want Artest & Gasol? If they let Howard go, they will be in a rebuilding mode. Why would they want Gasol's huge contract on their books? Bynum is making 12 million but he is only 24 years of age and they'll obviously use him as their building block. LA's draft picks are pretty meaningless to Orlando, since they'll most likely be late picks.

Despite all that; there is no way in hell the Lakers even consider this trade for a second. That's way too much to give up for a player who publicly stated his intentions to leave. At this point, if Howard does finalize his decision to leave Orlando; Magic won't have the luxury to pressure any team, they'll be receiving the best offer they can get. Knowing this, no team will offer them as much as Dwight is actually worth. It just doesn't work like that.

Would I trade Gasol & Bynum for Howard if all three players were happy with their teams? Probably not still, but at least then it would be a more reasonable trade. Right now it isn't because Orlando could loss him for nothing in the end. They will be under pressure to simply accept the best deal for them.

They've got to make a move to get more athletic on the perimeter. If they're still going with Fisher/Blake, Kobe and Artest they're going to have a really, really hard time with teams like Miami, OKC, Memphis, Chicago etc.
    This. I wonder what the chances are the Lakers pull something less expected and try to grab a guard that isn't CP3, like DWilliams or Westbrook.
    Last edited by BGriffin's Dad; 12-01-2011 at 03:55 AM.