Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2016 Offseason Moves

Yeah, when I saw that I definitely felt for Brown. The guy deserves an NBA job. I actually think Brown could have played meaningful minutes. The guy can flat out score. McCallum is a guy who I think will just sit the bench.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Yeah see it wasn't even Brown's scoring that appealed to me, it was that he was an absolute pest on D. Whether it was onball or in the passing lanes, he seemed to create some electricity and bought high octane energy.

I would have thought that kind of spark / activity on D would have been a nice contrast two our #1 and #2 PG's who are not exactly known for that side of the floor. And also someone like Brown seems like the perfect kind of guy to have your #1 and #2 options going against in training / drills.

But, SVG must have a pretty strong reason to go in the less obvious direction

NBA lottery pick

It's gotta be the worst feeling in the world seeing all those articles about how you deserve a spot on the roster and then to not make it again. He may get a shot with another team but will likely have to go overseas to make money. Send McCallum to summer league then lol.

Decent college freshman

Brown and Mccallum will battle for the spot. I'd say its 50/50, so no reason for all the Brown doom and gloom. I think Brown takes the spot. I like the Mccallum signing though.

NBA lottery pick

Wasn't McCallum's contract guaranteed? There's no battle with a guaranteed contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    This is where neuroplasticity comes into play.

A 23 year old who has been playing basketball all his life can not "suddenly" learn how to do something (although there can be exceptions to this rule).

You do realize that Dre would have been a terrible free throw shooter all his life, and people talk about him not caring about this facet of the game.

Ocourse he would. Ofcourse he would try and improve his weakness, year in year out.

The kid just can not shoot free throws. For him to improve 15% in one off-season is almost too big of an ask, and if he gets to 50% this year, that would be one of the biggest improvements in NBA history.

Yes 50% is terrible, but when speaking in relatives, 50% is amazing for Dre if he can get there this year...
    There are plenty of examples of bugs that came into this league and never learned how to shoot free throws.

Then I look at Tim Duncan, whose first choice in sports was swimming. He came into the league shooting free throws at an awful clip then became an above average ft shooter.

If I can learn to shoot free throws left handed at a 50 percent clip, Drummond can learn to shoot 60% with his right hand. Neuroplasticity be damned.

NBA lottery pick

CBS Sports rated our starting five 9th in the NBA.
    http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/...g-five-9th-nba

Decent college freshman

Pretty huge considering the way we've improved our bench. I believe we are a top 10 team at worst.

NBA lottery pick

CBS had another article on the bench rankings. Pretty sure that didn't work out in our favor very well lol.

Decent college freshman

I believe it. I'm very positive about our bench though. I think SVG knows how to use certain types of players(specifically pick and pop big men and pick and roll PGs) and I think he will maximize our particular bench. I also expect a big jump from Stanley.

NBA lottery pick

I hope your right about Stanley. I think his development is really what the future success of this team depends on. If he can be a star the Pistons have a chance. Hopefully he takes the next step this season.

Decent college freshman

also fwiw we got 13th for bench. Not bad at all

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I hope your right about Stanley. I think his development is really what the future success of this team depends on. If he can be a star the Pistons have a chance. Hopefully he takes the next step this season.
    No doubt

NBA lottery pick

I thought we had a full roster but I guess since we've already got the most expensive one in the NBA the Pistons may as well just spend more lol.

[QUOTE]Trey Freeman (ODU) has agreed to a partially guaranteed deal with the Detroit Pistons.

Decent college freshman

The more the merrier