Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Dirk vs Kobe in elimination games

Lets not get ahead of ourselves on this playoff run.

Kobe > Dirk careerwise and its not remotely close.

Lets not act like Dirk was in the perfect position to choke away the final series again with a 1-12 first half shooting, then his team kept them in and gave him a second chance (3rd actually, considering 2006), to step up.

I give mad props to Dirk but DMAVS needs a reality check when it comes to downgrading kobe.

Blatant agenda is blatant agenda.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Which is only according to you (hence the same mind argument). Not like your opinion is absolute fact bro...(unless you're arrogant enough to think so)
    No. I'm absolutely correct here. Your post was terribly wrong.

Magic Johnson

I would like my question to be answered. What are the records for Kobe and Dirk in elimination games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    All I needed to hear. You think your opinion is fact. No point in discussing with you then My post was all wrong yes

Oh, actually I can prove to you that the post is at least partially correct if you're willing to play along...

Magic Johnson

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Kobe's numbers don't affect his all-time rank in the slightest. I'd like to see the Lakers' record with Kobe in elimination games. I'm guessing it's quite good. That's really all that matters.

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

Dirk owned the respect of the world.... but apparently OP is a *******

Very good NBA starter

Oh, actually I can prove to you that the post is at least partially correct if you're willing to play along...
    It's not correct AT ALL. How is Bryant overrated? Most have him somewhere in the top 10-15 all-time. That's exactly where he belongs. Stop the hate!

It's not correct AT ALL. How is Bryant overrated? Most have him somewhere in the top 10-15 all-time. That's exactly where he belongs. Stop the hate!
    Do you think Bryant is the best player in the game today? You've gone on record multiple times in the previous years saying LeBron has been better correct?

Very good NBA starter

Do you think Bryant is the best player in the game today? You've gone on record multiple times in the previous years saying LeBron has been better correct?
    LeBron has been better since 08-09, yes.

LeBron has been better since 08-09, yes.
    And yet you have a thread comparing him and Kobe, (made today) and numerous posters are saying things such as "Kobe is still the best player" or "Kobe is better than LeBron still" etc etc. When someone is rated as better than they truly are, is that not the definition of "overrated"?

Very good NBA starter

And yet you have a thread comparing him and Kobe, (made today) and numerous posters are saying things such as "Kobe is still the best player" or "Kobe is better than LeBron still" etc etc. When someone is rated as better than they truly are, is that not the definition of "overrated"?
    Really? Is that your reasoning? Some select idiots think Kobe's better and he's overrated?

The vast majority think LBJ superior.

The vast majority don't even have Bryant in the top 5 at this point.

He's rated perfectly...all-time and current.

Very good NBA starter

And yet you have a thread comparing him and Kobe, (made today)
    what

Really? Is that your reasoning? Some select idiots think Kobe's better and he's overrated?

The vast majority think LBJ superior.

The vast majority don't even have Bryant in the top 5 at this point.

He's rated perfectly...all-time and current.
    If you're going to use "the majority thinks so" then technically you admit that your Kobe>Bird point of view is wrong, since the majority disagreed with you.
    Fact of the matter is you still have people thinking Kobe is the best in the game when he's not even top 5. Imagine if he was top 5, and arguably top 3? Way more people would be saying he's the best (like in 2009 and 2010, which people were). He's just always rated better than he has been because he has a larger fan base. Pretty much everything else in the post was correct.

Kobe plays stylistically like MJ. You disagree?
    His style of play is aesthetically pleasing. Heard it numerous times from numerous posters. Again, you disagree?
    He's hit numerous clutch shots in dramatic fashion. You disagree there?
    And he plays in Los Angeles allowing for a bigger fan base. Not objectively debatable.

Notice now how the post you said was garbage actually was pretty much spot on? You can't argue any single point of it, so out of laziness you dismiss it. Again, that's fine since you have some very unusual opinions anyways and it's not like your opinion is fact, but I'm just defending the post...because I can.

Not really much for me to say after this post since I've explained everything. Goodnight.

Very good NBA starter

If you're going to use "the majority thinks so" then technically you admit that your Kobe>Bird point of view is wrong, since the majority disagreed with you.
    Fact of the matter is you still have people thinking Kobe is the best in the game when he's not even top 5. Imagine if he was top 5, and arguably top 3? Way more people would be saying he's the best (like in 2009 and 2010, which people were). He's just always rated better than he has been because he has a larger fan base. Pretty much everything else in the post was correct.

Again, what a few people think means little. Your entire argument is retarded.

Again, he's rated perfectly fine by the vast majority.

Your bias is pathetic. Goodnight.