Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Banned

Default Re: Someone please tell the media to tap the brakes on "CP3 is god"

bump -- please see original post

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    Paul is fast becoming the most overrated player I've ever seen. He doesn't have the killer instinct of a winner. If he's hot he's good but if things stop going away he falls apart faster then anyone and drags his impressionable team right down with him. There is too much talent on that roster to have a hothead running team I often wonder what would happen if New Orleans had managed to snag Deron
    this is one of the dumbest things written in the history of writing. no offense.

If you want the hype to stop, then tell CP to stop dominating.

Basketball>Anything

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    you say that like pau is a scrub!
    He said that like all those guys are scrubs.

Banned

I never said they weren't good..

I am just sying Avery makes them look much better than they are..

Default Re: C. Paul: "He can't guard me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    [COLOR=Gray]1. Once again you missed the point that the 3pt shot wasn't used back then. Many of KJ's 3 point attempts would then be half court, or full court shots. Which obviously bring down the 3pt % and therefore it's inaccurate to use that into context.

2. I don't see how Paul's numbers are better. KJ scored more, and scored more efficiently. Which was something you brought up earlier. KJ has a higher FG% (Most important). Here is another statistic that measures "efficient scoring"

Points Per Shot:

C.Paul: 1.31
    K.Johnson: 1.43

KJ averaged more points, and was more efficient in terms of scoring. FG%, PPG, P/S, show that.

Saying that KJ's performances in the playoffs haven't been as good as CP3's is hilarious. You obviously have never seen a Peak KJ.

Legends like Kevin Johnson stepped up in the playoffs and delivered big performances in the playoffs regularly.

4. I definately think Paul has a good potential to surpass KJ someday. I'm not a h@ter.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]1. I didn't miss your point. I just believe KJ wasn't a good 3pt shooter for the vast majority of his career, othewise it'd have showed. True, 3pt shot wasn't a shot teams used back then as frequently as teams use it now, but to say KJ mostly attempted halfcourt 3pters for the first eight years is ludicrous. Why don't you show us a youtube of him hitting a dazzling 20% of his halfcourt 3s? No. Actually players who were good at shooting the 3 shot it well regardless of the #s of attempts (Kerr was a teammate of KJ's on that Suns team, attemped 17 3s, made 8). And players who were good at it used it frequently and used it well. Eddie Johnson johnson shot 71/172 from 3pt land in 88 for example. He's one of four Suns players who shot 33% or better from 3pt land while KJ shot 2/22 (don't you think given how exemplary a pg he was he'd recognize he'd best pass the rock to them cuz they had a better chance of making these endless half court shot instead of taking them himself? Or was he just too unselfish and didn't want them to shoot poor 3s?). Ever heard of Dale Ellis? Mullin? Hornacek? Marjerle? Don't tell me players who shot the 3 well didn't use it back then. Heck even Tom Chambers shot threes and shot them better than KJ.

2. Double steals, much lower TOs, high rpg, apg, almost as efficient scoring (see below) and you don't see he's had better numbers? KJ averages 1pt more on a team averaging 9 more than the Hornets. That's due to pace like I said earlier, but of course you'd turn a blind eye to that cuz KJ was 'better' and no way he can't be. Fact: KJ scored 20.4% of his teams pts in his third season (44.4% of assists). CP3 scored 20.9% of his teams pts (53.2% of assists), meaning he'd average more pts and assists had the Hornets played at the same pace at which that Suns team played.

And if you want to use statistics to prove which player shot better from the floor, at least you could've use them right. You said:

Points Per Shot:

C.Paul: 1.31
    K.Johnson: 1.43

(Points per shot) doesn't measure your true shooting percentage (ts%). It strictly measures how many points you score for every FG you attempt regardless of how many FTs you attempt. Meaning PLAYER X can have a higher PPS than PLAYER Y simply by taking less shots and going to the line more even though he is not actually shooting a higher ts%. Heck, It doesn't even measure how well you shoot from the field or the FT line, because theoretically a player who averages 5/10fga (assuming all are 2pters) and 1/2fta has a lower PPS than a player who averages 1/3fga and 12/20fta despite having a high ts%.

True Shooting Percentage; the formula is PTS / (2 * (FGA + 0.44 * FTA)
    Paul's ts%: 57.6
    KJ ts%: 58.9

So KJ's shooting was in fact slightly better and I was wrong about that. But I still believe Paul's had the better stats overall given he has better everything else (yeah keep arguing, their numbers are laid out nicely and they prove me right :)).

3. When did I say that? Quote please. I said Paul's performance in his first two playoff games rivals the best of KJ's.
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    I never said they weren't good..

I am just sying Avery makes them look much better than they are..
    I'd also blame Kidd.
    He's clearly too old to keep up with Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    [COLOR=Gray]I've repeatedly said that it's a very close comparison right now, and that Paul has a good potential to surpass KJ.

Do you want me to post all the times I have said that in this thread.
    Or will you post where I said it's not even close and KJ is on a different level.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]I said acting like. Yes to your credit you did say it's close several times, but you also got all defensive about KJ when I said Paul's play in his first two playoff games rival the best of KJ's playoff performances which's also true.[/COLOR]

I don't care CP and Howard are becoming great players. We're watching the start of two legends.