Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Default Re: Mother saves son before being crushed by escalator

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    Its called the Bystander effect. And it happens all over the world. In fact the most famous example of it happened in New York City.
    There is a world of difference between not intervening to stop an armed man, versus trying to rush to the aid of a child who has just fallen.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    How the f*ck? I honestly never would've imagined something happening like this.

Not even close to the same thing, but as a little kid I remember getting my laces caught on an escalator.... Had to literally get outta my shoe as I watched it get shredded into oblivion. Scary sh!t

Same thing happened to me when my parents took me to Disneyland when I was like 7. We were exiting the Haunted Mansion and pant leg got caught between the conveyor belt and what looked to me like enormous metal teeth of belt threshold. I thought for sure I was going to die, but my dad just laughed and pulled me up ripping my pants at the same time. I'd always jump the last foot of an escalator after that until I got in high school.

won't watch that shit

sounds cruel though

edit: **** I did watch.. didnt even realize what was happening.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 07-27-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    china overpopulation

The third pic is from India.

Oh my god, my heart breaks for the little boy.
    Never taking the escalator again.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Watched some Chinese dude get crushed by an elevator a few days ago. I'll pass on this.

F*ck China.

   

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Watched some Chinese dude get crushed by an elevator a few days ago. I'll pass on this.

F*ck China.
    yeah, could we get the cliffs for how someone gets crushed by an escalator? i have no desire to watch such a thing.

Banned

Holy shit....I didn't know accidents like that can happen. Now I am going to have to beware.

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie

Same thing happened to me when my parents took me to Disneyland when I was like 7. We were exiting the Haunted Mansion and pant leg got caught between the conveyor belt and what looked to me like enormous metal teeth of belt threshold. I thought for sure I was going to die, but my dad just laughed and pulled me up ripping my pants at the same time. I'd always jump the last foot of an escalator after that until I got in high school.
    Yeah in hindsight I laughed it off and thought it was pretty retarded, but after seeing this video, I don't even know anymore.

Banned

In my country, Europe, our escalators are top of the line technology and are designed by the top European engineers to ensure that collapses like this would never occur. Hopefully we can open our borders wider in order to ensure more Chinese refugees can escape from that oppressive and misogynistic regime and be welcomed with open arms in to our noble land of libert

I still don't understand how the floor collapsed like that. As she stepped down it looked there was no support whatsoever underneath the metal flooring. Wouldn't there be solid concrete/metal running all underneath the walkway?

Starting to think this is fake.

And to the people who stopped the video before ending, are you f'ing kidding me? All you see is her slip and then fall down, there's no gore at all

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    yeah, could we get the cliffs for how someone gets crushed by an escalator? i have no desire to watch such a thing.
    The floor panel at the apex of the escalator collapsed as she and her child stepped on it. At which point a giant hole opened up revealing something along the lines of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibEdgQJEdTA

Only moving much more slowly.

She pushes her kid forward just in time so the kid doesn't fall into the hole, but her leg gets immediately pulled in, and she slowly gets destroyed over the course of the next several seconds as the escalator pulls her from her feet to the tip of her head and shreds her like a paper shredder in front of her kid and a few terrified witnesses. One even tries to grab her arm and save her and pull her out as the escalator slowly consumes her.

It's final destination type shit. It looked terrifying and painful.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I still don't understand how the floor collapsed like that. As she stepped down it looked there was no support whatsoever underneath the metal flooring. Wouldn't there be solid concrete/metal running all underneath the walkway?

Starting to think this is fake.

And to the people who stopped the video before ending, are you f'ing kidding me? All you see is her slip and then fall down, there's no gore at all

Escalator schematics indicate a very tight space under those elevator steps/teeth.

Enough to pull you in and get crushed up into a bloody unrecognizable pulp, just as the description indicated. I don't think it's faked, not with some kid, why would they terrorize some kid just to fake a video? I suppose it's possible, but then again why did liveleak give it an adult rating. As a prank, that wouldn't warrant such a rating because as you said you don't actually see the gore.

But if it really happened... it makes things a whole lot scarier. Which is why whether there is gore or not, can you blame people for not wanting to see it? Nobody wants to see that lady's last agonizing moments as an escalator slowly consumes her in a state of panic in front of her child.

Banned

I am trying to grasp why an escalator would be designed the way it is where we are literally walking over a death trap. It is damn scary to think a small panel is whats dividing us from that mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I am trying to grasp why an escalator would be designed the way it is where we are literally walking over a death trap. It is damn scary to think a small panel is whats dividing us from that mechanism.
    Yeah that panel broke apart as if it was flimsy and able to be offset by the slightest wrong step...

Now I'm going to jump over those panels. **** it, I will not be killed by an escalator.