Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default So Sandra Bland goes to jail because she wouldn't put out her cigarette, in her car?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...arrest-n396191

She got pulled over for a minor traffic violation. She seems annoyed and also the cop, shit escalated pretty quickly after she refused to put out her cigarette in her own car.

Are we losing our rights gestapo style? WTF, why couldn't this cop just give her citations if she wasn't cooperating? Are people getting arrested all the time for minor shit like this? Are Americans gladly giving up their rights to the police? I don't know about you guys but I don't like the idea of living in a Police State

Default Re: So Sandra Bland goes to jail because she wouldn't put out her cigarette, in her car?

When a cop pulls you over you need to be respectful and follow simple commands.

Giving "black entitlement" attitude. Strike 1.
    Smoking while a cop is talking to you is disrespectful. Strike 2.
    Being asked to put out a cigarette is a simple command. Strike 3.

Default Re: So Sandra Bland goes to jail because she wouldn't put out her cigarette, in her car?

Why do people think cops are above citizens?

You dont need to be respectful. As if respect is relevant on how a cop is suppose to act.

Fvck da police. RIP Sandra.

Quote Originally Posted by navy

You dont need to be respectful. As if respect is relevant on how a cop is suppose to act.

If you want to possibly avoid getting a ticket or being charged with something extra like this dumb black bitch, then yes you do.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by navy

Their jobs are stresful af. EVERY TURD tryin to prove hes a tough guy tries to give them shit for doing their jobs, all day, every day. These dudes are human and they eventually get sick of it. You wanna be a clown, do it at your own risk.

That being said, ther clearly are dickhead cops who powertrip for fun. If a cop is the one trying to be a tough guy and talks to you like an asshole, just shrug it off. Let him embarrass himself. If he actually does unwarranted/inappropriate stuff to you then by all means pursue the issue afterward.

But if you get pulled over, dont be a hotshot hero and do some rebellious teen NWA act. Comply with what he asks, get it over with and get on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    If you want to possibly avoid getting a ticket or being charged with something extra like this dumb black bitch, then yes you do.
    Cops are abusing their power with white people too Asshat.
    Nice words their at the end.

Got this baby quoted clown.
    Last edited by TripleA; 07-22-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Their jobs are stresful af. EVERY TURD tryin to prove hes a tough guy tries to give them shit for doing their jobs, all day, every day. These dudes are human and they eventually get sick of it. You wanna be a clown, do it at your own risk.

That being said, ther clearly are dickhead cops who powertrip for fun. If a cop is the one trying to be a tough guy and talks to you like an asshole, just shrug it off. Let him embarrass himself. If he actually does unwarranted/inappropriate stuff to you then by all means pursue the issue afterward.

But if you get pulled over, dont be a hotshot hero and do some rebellious teen NWA act. Comply with what he asks, get it over with and get on your way.
    Yes you should be respectful to cops but I do not understand why they are put on such a pedestal when veterans get treated like shit when they come home.
    Police deserve respect like every other employee of the public but they do not deserve to get their individual actions washed away because they are cops.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    When a cop pulls you over you need to be respectful and follow simple commands.

Giving "black entitlement" attitude. Strike 1.
    Smoking while a cop is talking to you is disrespectful. Strike 2.
    Being asked to put out a cigarette is a simple command. Strike 3.

Suicide? That is just so weird. Why would she commit suicide like that?

Banned

I saw the video and the cop didn't do anything wrong. He actually showed a lot of restraint from what I am use to seeing. First of all she was being very disrespectful to authority. While I don't a suspect's behavior should dictate how an officer should act but he did kindly ask her to put out the cigarette. Then he tells her to get out of the car. The cop has a right to do ask of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I saw the video and the cop didn't do anything wrong. He actually showed a lot of restraint from what I am use to seeing. First of all she was being very disrespectful to authority. While I don't a suspect's behavior should dictate how an officer should act but he did kindly ask her to put out the cigarette. Then he tells her to get out of the car. The cop has a right to do ask of this.
    Fair points.

Banned

Typing on the phone so I apologize for the mistakes.

Banned

She did two things wrong here that can get you arrested or handcuffed. Remember, being handcuffed does not mean being arrested.

Two things she did that warrants being cuffed:

AGGRESSION- is every reason to apprehend a suspect and cuff them.

NON COOPERATION- she is failing to let the peace officer do his job. She is actually interfering by refusal to cooperate.

Also, she did acknowledge what she did was wrong and illegal, minor or not, therefore why didn't she just own up to it and receive the ticket. She could also try to talk herself out of it and even after admitting her guilt she had the nerve to berate the officer.

I just have a problem with non violent individuals being taken to jail though. Even if she's acting the fool. Giving her citations/tickets/fines isn't enough? Also, this incident escalated after she refused to put out her cigarette in her own car, it's not like she was acting in a tthreatening way to the cop.

I just think we as citizens are giving way to much of our freedoms to the police. I'm a bit suspicious about that, don't like giving the state the right to do anything. BTW, legal experts on CNN were saying the cop went to far in arresting her, even as she was acting up and giving him an attitude.

I'll give an example of a scenario...if some guy jaywalks, he get's stopped, the cop asks for his ID, he checks out ok, no warrants or prior arrests, the dude gets annoyed for being stopped, cusses at the cop...is it ok in you guys' eyes that he gets arrested for being belligerent? A non criminal person doing something minor like jaywalking, and now the situation escalates to the point of going to jail because he acts like rebellious teen to the cop? In the Bland situation, she wasn't acting in a physically threatening way to the cop. Couldn't the cop just give her a ticket without arresting her? I don't know know man, that doesn't strike me as right.

I'm actually getting sick of hearing black people complain about cops.
    I see just as many white people get treated like shit when they show complete disrespect and disregard. The problem with so many black people is their so called "entitlement". I have almost never seen a black person doing what the cop told them to do. They always start questioning everything and being complete idiots.

But that's what the media created I guess; still, just by reading this article I could already picture "a black woman probably thinks she got pulled over because she's black". Minor infraction is still an infraction and I got pulled over for going 10 KPH above the speed limit (going 102 on 90 zone) by a black cop.

I didn't give the man any attitude and followed all of his instructions.
    Not that hard, really.