Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Microsoft Surface Ad: Apple, You Got Served

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mSck...ature=youtu.be

Looking like this is the way to go.

Default Re: Microsoft Surface Ad: Apple, You Got Served

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Depends. A lot of people are critiquing the OS. Personally I feel for tablets it should be a really really good one.

But the way Apple utterly dominates the tablet market, you've got to make it quality and cheap enough to not make people go..."Spend 399 for a completely new tablet on a new OS, when Microsoft has a history of questionable mobile products. Or would I be better off spending 499 for an iPad?"

Then you've got the iPad Mini rumors. But then again to the best of my knowledge prices on both the Surface and mini aren't known. So my hypothetical question could be invalid depending on the price factor.
    Last edited by Rose; 10-15-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Depends. A lot of people are critiquing the OS. Personally I feel for tablets it should be a really really good one.

But the way Apple utterly dominates the tablet market, you've got to make it quality and cheap enough to not make people go..."Spend 399 for a completely new tablet on a new OS, when Microsoft has a history of questionable mobile products. Or would I be better off spending 499 for an iPad?"

Then you've got the iPad Mini rumors. But then again to the best of my knowledge prices on both the Surface and mini aren't known. So my hypothetical question could be invalid depending on the price factor.
    The price announcements for both should be in the next week.

The price announcements for both should be in the next week.
    Also, I'm gonna add that this seems to be more of an Android aimed thing. Apple owns what? 70? 80%? of the tablet market. I'd say first they're gonna try and push that out then focus on Apple. Because right now Apple could push out a piece of shit tablet, and still sell like mad for a couple years. I can't think of an Android tablet that really sells off the top of my head like I can phones like the Galaxy and Note lines.

The best one I can think of the is the Kindle Fire, and that's amazon owned. Maybe the Transformer line? but that's still around the typical Apple price.

Good to know about the price release, I'm not really in the market for a tablet based on price. But if a good one runs well, and is cheap enough I could see me getting one for eBooks, and note taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Also, I'm gonna add that this seems to be more of an Android aimed thing. Apple owns what? 70? 80%? of the tablet market. I'd say first they're gonna try and push that out then focus on Apple. Because right now Apple could push out a piece of shit tablet, and still sell like mad for a couple years. I can't think of an Android tablet that really sells off the top of my head like I can phones like the Galaxy and Note lines.

The best one I can think of the is the Kindle Fire, and that's amazon owned. Maybe the Transformer line? but that's still around the typical Apple price.

Good to know about the price release, I'm not really in the market for a tablet based on price. But if a good one runs well, and is cheap enough I could see me getting one for eBooks, and note taking.
    Nexus 7 just won tablet of the year by T3. First non-iPad winner.

It's easily the best price-to-performance ratio tablet on the market by far.

http://awards.t3.com/categories/tabl...google-nexus-7

That ad is horrible. I like the one on their website better. Although neither one tells you any specifics. Microsoft sucks at advertising.

I was excited for Surface, but it looks like the pro version won't be out for like 3 or 4 months still. Not really interested in Windows RT since I have Android devices. If I'm going to get a Windows 8 tablet its going to have a core i5 (or better) in it, not an arm processor.

Other companies are beating microsoft to the punch on real workhorse tablets than can actually replace your laptop.

Samsung:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834131398

Toshiba:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834216042

Acer:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834215610

All already have release dates for tablets that will be more powerful than most people's windows 7 machine.

While Windows RT is enough for most people so is a iPad, a Kindle Fire, or an Nexus 7. I don't see Microsoft having a ton of success in the low end $200 tablet sector.

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    That ad is horrible. I like the one on their website better. Although neither one tells you any specifics. Microsoft sucks at advertising.

I was excited for Surface, but it looks like the pro version won't be out for like 3 or 4 months still. Not really interested in Windows RT since I have Android devices. If I'm going to get a Windows 8 tablet its going to have a core i5 (or better) in it, not an arm processor.

Other companies are beating microsoft to the punch on real workhorse tablets than can actually replace your laptop.

Samsung:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834131398

Toshiba:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834216042

Acer:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834215610

All already have release dates for tablets that will be more powerful than most people's windows 7 machine.

While Windows RT is enough for most people so is a iPad, a Kindle Fire, or an Nexus 7. I don't see Microsoft having a ton of success in the low end $200 tablet sector.
    Its got dat keyboard, microsoft word and looks sexy. Seriously though, the colors/look will set it apart from everything else not Apple.

Also, something tells me the Windows marketplace will be really good.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-15-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Nexus 7 just won tablet of the year by T3. First non-iPad winner.

It's easily the best price-to-performance ratio tablet on the market by far.

http://awards.t3.com/categories/tabl...google-nexus-7
    Ooh nice did a slight bit of research there, and on google's site for it. No keyboard attachments? I know the iPad has one (but I'd rather buy one that has a case with it similar to how the Surface is built)

But very interesting. Might look into a tablet. maybe.

eh... i don't see the point or purpose of tablets. i think smartphones are more than enough for portable use. and if you need shiet done, a simple netbook or laptop should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    eh... i don't see the point or purpose of tablets. i think smartphones are more than enough for portable use. and if you need shiet done, a simple netbook or laptop should suffice.
    if you commute on a train than they are a great way to consume media.

A lot people also use this at home, checking facebook, playing angry bird and such.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

There's people that don't need a computer tho. Some people just need it as an alternative to do certain tasks that are more convenient to do on a tablet. Others need them as an additional tool to a computer. Then there's the specialized tablet needs for services/companies.

The tablet isn't for everybody, but there is a legit purpose for one.

Anyway you will be able to use this with 3g/4g? Hope they shock the world with a 300 dollar price tag

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I get the ad, I just hope they release better ones.

Yes I understand that it has a cover that's clickable, but I didn't see 'why' I need one. If I'm a consumer and I have 3 choices (iPad, Nexus 7, Surface) I know what an iPad is. The price of a Nexus is very tempting, but what does a Surface provide other than a clickable cover?

They didn't show why you want one, why you need one, what you can do with a keyboard that's also a cover other than you can dance with it?

I hope future ads are clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I get the ad, I just hope they release better ones.

Yes I understand that it has a cover that's clickable, but I didn't see 'why' I need one. If I'm a consumer and I have 3 choices (iPad, Nexus 7, Surface) I know what an iPad is. The price of a Nexus is very tempting, but what does a Surface provide other than a clickable cover?

They didn't show why you want one, why you need one, what you can do with a keyboard that's also a cover other than you can dance with it?

I hope future ads are clearer.
    Well apparently the "why" on purchasing a new iPhone 5 is to take panoramic pictures that Android has been taking well over 3 years now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNFc1otD8g