Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question Anyone else sleep on the floor?

Just started doing this

Back has never felt better. Head is in a better position with no pillow, airway is open allowing more oxygen and in turn better circulation and blood flow. Airway is fully open like they teach. Every First Aid trainee is taught that the head must be tilted back for airway to open up effectively. If head is raised/forward, like sleeping WITH a pillow, the stomach is exposed and you air blowing air into the stomach of the victim. This is not good because you don't want stomach acid vapors coming up your throat during the night. IMO I find it's easier to sleep on my back on the floor than on a matress. I always end up sleeping on my side in a bad posture on a mattress. Wake up not feeling as groggy, and don't feel like one side of my body is tight, which has been ****ing up my squat and deadlift and prepped my for injury essentially...

J money what do you think about sleeping on the floor? I'm sure you'll have a thing or two to say because you seem like the spiritual/natural type.

Banned

Default Re: Anyone else sleep on the floor?

Main purpose I'm doing this is for the postural benefits

I am a notorious couch potato and no matter how much stretching I do, it never seems to be enough. Perhaps sleeping 8 hours of good posture will pay massive dividends.

Been looking at these animals recently and just in awe of how ****ing athletic and natural they are. The athleticism is unreal.

   

i like sleeping on a floor or flat surface. good for my back problems and it just feels natural so to speak.

my bed is a 4x6x2 matrix of milk crates (which double as storage space), a system of connected wooden planks which fold up as needed, and a thin futon that sits on top. cheap, versatile and healthy.

Banned

It's funny

I remember all the times I've been forced to sleep on the floor... Someone else had the couch... I always was comfortable and I'd always wake up feeling better... Same with camping under the stars...

Very good NBA starter

no, but my bed is on the hard side. it's good for your back. soft mattresses will f--k you up in the long run.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i did back when i was a kid when we couldn't afford a bed/mattress. not going back to that

Don't 'sleep' on the floor

But lie down on the floor and put my feet on the wall....to relax

rank sentamentalist

when i don't have a bed. it's nice to have a blanket to lie on at least though. floors are cold.

Slept for some time a couple of weeks ago. I had a yoga mat under, it really felt good and fresh. However, when the air is wet (rainy), it somewhat feels wet off the floor. I'll come back to it however, makes me wake up easier, and doesn't feel so lazy to get up. I still use a pillow however. To lose it would be the next step.

I sleep on a hard futon and a super thin pillow by choice. Don't like fluffy pillows or really soft beds

I do it when I have back problems or neck problems

Love sleeping on the floor. I believe in Japan or China they sleep on the floors as a norm.

Sometimes when its too hot even with AC

National High School Star

Damn. I wish I could. My sleep posture is so effed. I always hurt if I sleep on the floor.

College star

I like sleeping on the floor, in my backyard on the lawn earth grounded, or on my massage table. Position being on my back, heels touching, feet open, arms by my side, palms up, head straight. It's the perfect position for circulation and healing. The only thing I would want is some slight vibration though.