Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Your first point doesn't have anything to do with 2016. With your second point, they still had game 6 and game 7 with a healthy Draymond. Still couldn't get it done.

Case in point, Lebron went daddy mode in 2016.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm3LVYhInM

Imagine having zero Finals MVPs

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FromDowntown
    I cant sit here and say he is better than LeBron because he needs at least 2 Finals MVP against a solid team but he is definitely reaching the top 20 status. It's hard to name 20 players over him

2x MVP
    3x Champion
    GOAT 3 point shooter *has all the records nearly
    73 win record

Its easy to see that Curry has his accolades, including the UMVP, but he still needs at least one Finals MVP. I wont be surprised if he wins it next year and jumps into top 15 status but LeBron is easily in top 5 status so he still isn't close or better.
    This new poster actually has very good points. I agree with most of what he said. Curry very well may be top 20 and could go higher. Highly unlikely to ever catch LeBron though. LeBron is top 5-6, and could go a little higher. Curry would be hugely fortunate to go top 10.

They are both ATG's. Curry's Final stats are actually quite good, people knock him too quickly for not having a Finals MVP. He's been the MVP of plenty of Warriors playoff series, some of them tougher than the competition they've seen in the Finals.

But he's not on LeBron's level, not quite. It's not a troll thread at all, seeing Curry's beaten LeBron 3/4 times in the Finals. But Curry hasn't had quite the sustained greatness of LeBron. LeBron's not GOAT, but we won't see a player with his combination of talent/longevity again for a long time, if ever.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Your first point doesn't have anything to do with 2016. With your second point, they still had game 6 and game 7 with a healthy Draymond. Still couldn't get it done.

Case in point, Lebron went daddy mode in 2016.
    Why limit ourselves to 2016? LeBron+Wade or Curry+Durant: Who you got?

Games 6 and 7 didn't have Bogut who was replaced by Ezeli and Varejao (shudder).

If eeking out a win in 7 after relying on the league to suspend an opposing starter for a game and then taking advantage of another starter getting injured is the crowning achievement of LeBron's career and is what justifies his fans calling him "Daddy LeBron" then it is risibly weak sauce.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 08-04-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Why limit ourselves to 2016?

Games 6 and 7 didn't have Bogut who was replaced by Ezeli and Varejao (shudder).

If eeking out a win in 7 after relying on the league to suspend an opposing starter for a game and then taking advantage of another starter getting injured is the crowning achievement of LeBron's career and is what justifies his fans calling him "Daddy LeBron" then it is risibly weak sauce.
    Lol, so what's Curry's? Beating the Cavs with Kyrie & Love missing nearly the entire series? Adding Durant and seeing him win b2b FMVP's? LeBron's 2016 >>>>> any of Curry's titles

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol, so what's Curry's? Beating the Cavs with Kyrie & Love missing nearly the entire series? Adding Durant and seeing him win b2b FMVP's? LeBron's 2016 >>>>> any of Curry's titles
    I don't see Curry fans calling him LeBron's daddy for 2015. Similarly it's ridiculous to think LeBron somehow proved himself Curry's better in 2016 after running to Vandeweghe and Silver to keep his chances alive. Better at gamesmanship perhaps. One could just as well say Curry 2015 > LeBron 2016.

LeBron had a weak path to the finals the last 5 years he got there.

Curry playoffs 2015-2019>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LeBron playoffs 2015-2019
    Curry+KD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron+Wade
    Last edited by Stephonit; 08-04-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Curry+KD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >LeBron+Wade
    Lol, considering they're a much better fit and Wade was truly in his prime for only 1 year, I'd 100% agree with that. Only duos I'd consider taking over Curry/Durant would be Magic/Kareem, Shaq/Kobe and Jordan/Pip

NBA All-star

at fearing failure? yea, Curry is a much better anti-Jordan than Lebron

3-time NBA All-Star

Well we're bout to find out if Steph is on LeBron's level or not. You could put LeBron on any team in his prime and he'd be able to take them to the playoffs and make a run. Let's see if Steph can make the playoffs with this weaker warriors team.

My prediction is they won't. The warriors record is terrible without Klay. Steph will have his highest scoring season but he'll be more inefficient and and as always will struggle defensively. By the time Klay gets back they'll be to far behind the 8 ball to make a run.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Well we're bout to find out if Steph is on LeBron's level or not. You could put LeBron on any team in his prime and he'd be able to take them to the playoffs and make a run. Let's see if Steph can make the playoffs with this weaker warriors team.

My prediction is they won't. The warriors record is terrible without Klay. Steph will have his highest scoring season but he'll be more inefficient and and as always will struggle defensively. By the time Klay gets back they'll be to far behind the 8 ball to make a run.
    I guess we'll have to see. Regarding LeBron though what will you say if he wins a championship this year? Would he still be in his prime? But then what would that say about last year when he wasn't able to make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

This is just flat out straight_retard/pickernidiot/superdumbass/etc. level autistic. Doesn't even merit a legit response.
    You just can't argue facts so you resort to ad-hominems, fact is that Steph built a dynasty that won 67 and 73 games in B2B seasons with his two best teammates being a mid-1st and a 2nd rounder... Lebron never built/developed a dynasty on his own, he always teamed up with the best players in the league to stack the odds in his favor, prior to that he was coming up short year after year and he's bailed on his teammates/FO 3 times.

Steph's just more likeable and relatable to the younger generation and his impact on the game is far greater than Lebron's. Steph's Warriors really birthed this 3-point shooting era. You can't aspire to be Lebron James on the court because most of his success comes from his freakish athletic ability, you can however watch tape on Kobe and Steph and take a lot from their games to be successful on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23

So Steph didn't sweep through the Western Conference when the Warriors lost Cousins, KD and Iguodala for the WCF? Steph wasn't a shot away from pushing a stacked Raptors team to 7 games with Klay, Looney, Iggy, Klay, Cousins all injured? Steph didn't lead teams to 67 and 73 wins and take them to the Finals prior to KD joining them?

3-time NBA All-Star

I guess we'll have to see. Regarding LeBron though what will you say if he wins a championship this year? Would he still be in his prime? But then what would that say about last year when he wasn't able to make the playoffs?
    LeBron obviously isn't in his prime anymore. He's still athletic but he's definitely lost a step. If he wins this year I think getting Anthony Davis would have something to do with it. And let's not act like the injury LeBron had last year didn't impact the Lakers playoff push.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    When Steph was coming off a MCL strain?

I'll admit Steph - and the rest of the Dubs, cough Harrison Barnes cough - choked, but I'll also admit he clearly wasn't 100% there, guy couldn't even take Kevin Love and Enes Kanter off the dribble. Compare that to how well he's played in the playoffs literally every year after that. Kawhi couldn't guard him this year, let alone Kevin Love. Supporting cast has nothing to do with the Cavs (and Raptors) still doubling him every time.

But back to the matter at hand, nah LeBron's better. LeBron's the pretty clear cut best player in the league and he proves it whenever the playoffs come around. But from 2015-2019, Steph's averaged 26, 23, 27, 28, and 31 ppg in the Finals. That's comparable with many ATGs. I'd slot him in at #2 or #3 behind KD.
    In that 2016 Finals, Curry put up 38-6-5 plus 2 steals while shooting 53% from 3 (7-13) in game 4. How many games has he had like that since the 2016 Finals?

He was fine in the 2016 Finals.

I don't see Curry fans calling him LeBron's daddy for 2015. Similarly it's ridiculous to think LeBron somehow proved himself Curry's better in 2016 after running to Vandeweghe and Silver to keep his chances alive. Better at gamesmanship perhaps. One could just as well say Curry 2015 > LeBron 2016.

LeBron had a weak path to the finals the last 5 years he got there.

Curry playoffs 2015-2019>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LeBron playoffs 2015-2019
    Curry+KD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron+Wade
    Look at his teammates and context of those teams/injuries, chico.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    You just can't argue facts so you resort to ad-hominems, fact is that Steph built a dynasty that won 67 and 73 games in B2B seasons with his two best teammates being a mid-1st and a 2nd rounder... Lebron never built/developed a dynasty on his own, he always teamed up with the best players in the league to stack the odds in his favor, prior to that he was coming up short year after year and he's bailed on his teammates/FO 3 times.

Steph's just more likeable and relatable to the younger generation and his impact on the game is far greater than Lebron's. Steph's Warriors really birthed this 3-point shooting era. You can't aspire to be Lebron James on the court because most of his success comes from his freakish athletic ability, you can however watch tape on Kobe and Steph and take a lot from their games to be successful on the court.

So Steph didn't sweep through the Western Conference when the Warriors lost Cousins, KD and Iguodala for the WCF? Steph wasn't a shot away from pushing a stacked Raptors team to 7 games with Klay, Looney, Iggy, Klay, Cousins all injured? Steph didn't lead teams to 67 and 73 wins and take them to the Finals prior to KD joining them?
    you missed the whole point dude. I said curry and warriors struggle without Klay. Curry still had Klay when they swept through the Eastern conference. Even in game 6 he had Klay for most of the game and they still lost as usual when Klay didn't play.

You do know that the warriors have a worse record when Klay misses games compared to win Steph does right? Warriors were doing fine without Steph a few years ago in the playoffs. They crushed hardens rockets and we're up 2-1 on Portland before Steph came back.

Like I said your about to see how much Steph and the warriors struggle without Klay. Warriors won't make the playoffs. Book it.