Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Dame Lillard = Wade with a jump shot

Steve Nash with some explosiveness

Maybe Gilbert Arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Who cares if he showcases his freak athletic ability? My point is he just doesn't plain get to the rim enough to garner any comparison to Wade game wise. In Wade's first four seasons he didn't take less than 37% of his shots at the rim. Last season Mitchell took 26% between his shots at the rim and 22% this season. That fell to 20.5% in the playoffs this season. Wade took 36% of his shots at the rim in the playoffs his 2nd season. If you aren't getting to the rim you aren't comparable to Wade. That's the thing that made Dwyane Wade Dwyane Wade. Mitchell doesn't even attack the rim like him anyway. For the most part he tries to use his length when Wade was a power right at you kind of penetrator. It's why he doesn't get to the line close to as much as Wade. He also doesn't have anything in that 3-10 range like Wade's unstoppable drop shot/floater. Wade shot under 40% from there just once and that was at .398% when he was 36. He's basically been a 45% shooter from that range his entire career even from the beginning. Mitchell shot 34% in that range this season. The worst part about this is he shot 24% of his shots in this range (more than he did at rim) while not being able to do anything from there. I don't care if they have similar builds and athleticism. Their games are nothing alike. Now Damian Lillard is a good comparison for Mitchell.

The thing is you don't know how to comprehend shit! Wade HIMSELF said their games are built in a SIMILAR FASHION! The kid is still very young into his career. And ISN'T close to what Wade was yet. If he ever will be. BUT for the reasons I pointed out, he is similar to Wade. Mitchell is more similar to Wade than Lillard is to Wade. That's all I EVER SAID! HELL a casual fan could even see that shit!!

Plus Mitchell plays the SG primarily like Wade used to. ANOTHER REASON why Mitchell is more similar to Wade than Lillard is to Wade! Arenas and Lillard are MUCH MORE SIMILAR than Mitchell and Lillard would EVER BE!! Do a google search right now and you will see that MOST REPUTABLE hoops sites will compare Mitchell to Wade WAY MORE than Mitchell to Lillard!

When people think Mitchell, the FIRST THING they think of is a freak athletic strong 6'3 to 6'4 guard who is a very good scorer. WITH the potential to be a great player. Wade was the ULTIMATE version of that type of player. When people think of Lillard, they think of a SICK BLEND of handles, scoring skillset, and range on his shot! They DON'T think freak athletic ability FRANKLY when it come to Lillard. EVEN THOUGH he's underrated in that regard!

Mitchell SAYING HIMSELF how he looked up to Wade and HOW THEY ARE SIMILAR:

https://heatnation.com/media/donovan...orking-invite/

https://www.nba.com/jazz/news/passin...ng-dwyane-wade

So if they're games are NOTHING ALIKE, then WHY IN THE HELL is he patterning his game AFTER D WADE???? They obviously had shit IN COMMON! I NEVER said their games were 100% alike!!!
    Last edited by bizil; 04-30-2019 at 06:06 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    The thing is you don't know how to comprehend shit! Wade HIMSELF said their games are built in a SIMILAR FASHION! The kid is still very young into his career. And ISN'T close to what Wade was yet. If he ever will be. BUT for the reasons I pointed out, he is similar to Wade. Mitchell is more similar to Wade than Lillard is to Wade. That's all I EVER SAID! HELL a casual fan could even see that shit!!

Plus Mitchell plays the SG primarily like Wade used to. ANOTHER REASON why Mitchell is more similar to Wade than Lillard is to Wade! Arenas and Lillard are MUCH MORE SIMILAR than Mitchell and Lillard would EVER BE!! Do a google search right now and you will see that MOST REPUTABLE hoops sites will compare Mitchell to Wade WAY MORE than Mitchell to Lillard!

When people think Mitchell, the FIRST THING they think of is a freak athletic strong 6'3 to 6'4 guard who is a very good scorer. WITH the potential to be a great player. Wade was the ULTIMATE version of that type of player. When people think of Lillard, they think of a SICK BLEND of handles, scoring skillset, and range on his shot! They DON'T think freak athletic ability FRANKLY when it come to Lillard. EVEN THOUGH he's underrated in that regard!

Mitchell SAYING HIMSELF how he looked up to Wade and HOW THEY ARE SIMILAR:

https://heatnation.com/media/donovan...orking-invite/

https://www.nba.com/jazz/news/passin...ng-dwyane-wade

So if they're games are NOTHING ALIKE, then WHY IN THE HELL is he patterning his game AFTER D WADE???? They obviously had shit IN COMMON! I NEVER said their games were 100% alike!!!

You are just tiresome and endlessly stupid. These kind of ham-fisted arguments are 101 for you. It's not worth my time. Btw, if he's Patterning his after after D Wade" he's doing a really terrible job of it. Have a good night. Take care.

Now compare the defense

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Maybe Gilbert Arenas?
    Lillard has more range. He's way quicker. More clutch than Gilbert Arenas too.

Arenas freakin choked because Lebron got in his ear. That ain't happening to Lillard.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You are just tiresome and endlessly stupid. These kind of ham-fisted arguments are 101 for you. It's not worth my time. Btw, if he's Patterning his after after D Wade" he's doing a really terrible job of it. Have a good night. Take care.
    The mistake u made was when u said they Wade and Mitchell are NOTHING ALIKE! Wade, Mitchell, several NBA analysts, and my humble self ALL disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Lillard has more range. He's way quicker. More clutch than Gilbert Arenas too.

Arenas freakin choked because Lebron got in his ear. That ain't happening to Lillard.

I would say Dame was more efficient for sure. Gil had some crazy range though. U gotta look at shit as evolution though sometimes. When I look at Dame, I look at somebody who EVOLVED what Gil was doing back then. The point is Gil and Lillard is a MORE VALID comparison than Lillard to Wade in terms of playing style.

Wade was a good defender too

The mistake u made was when u said they Wade and Mitchell are NOTHING ALIKE! Wade, Mitchell, several NBA analysts, and my humble self ALL disagree!
    How can you be like someone when you do nothing well that they do well?

I would say Dame was more efficient for sure. Gil had some crazy range though. U gotta look at shit as evolution though sometimes. When I look at Dame, I look at somebody who EVOLVED what Gil was doing back then. The point is Gil and Lillard is a MORE VALID comparison than Lillard to Wade in terms of playing style.
    Agree there. Wade was flat out special. Like in his prime he moved like Jordan. Arenas and Lillard aren't at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopologyPhD
    Wade didn't have great range on his shot but he was always confident shooting and shot a very high percentage from inside the 3 point line.
    That's actually a good point. Wade may have never been what you'd consider a "good" shooter, but he kept the defense honest and for such a "bad shooter" he sure suckered a lot of players with his GOAT shot fake. Defenders were never playing off Wade.

lol.

No. Lillard is a killer but he ain't nearly as good as prime Wade. Wade in 2009 might have had the greatest SG season ever.