Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #136
SpaceJam2
'19 MVP of ISH
 
SpaceJam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4,727
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Yea, it has been 6 games....not big enough sample, but at least include more of the picture;

Career high in ortg
Career high in TS%
Career high in efg%
Career high in 3pt %
2nd highest WS/48
Career high in rebounds

I mean...some of you make me laugh a lot.

Umm...KD is why

Stephen Curry is always needing more help:

All he needs is another:
MVP winner (KD)
DPOY winner (Dray)
FMVP winner (Iggy)
a 26/12 all-star (DMC)
2nd best 3-point shooter in NBA history (Klay).

But that's it okay!
SpaceJam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #137
Rico2016
Local High School Star
 
Rico2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Davis will be an MVP
Posts: 1,764
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
Umm...KD is why

Stephen Curry is always needing more help:

All he needs is another:
MVP winner (KD)
DPOY winner (Dray)
FMVP winner (Iggy)
a 26/12 all-star (DMC)
2nd best 3-point shooter in NBA history (Klay).

But that's it okay!

Rico2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #138
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,419
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
Umm...KD is why

Stephen Curry is always needing more help:

All he needs is another:
MVP winner (KD)
DPOY winner (Dray)
FMVP winner (Iggy)
a 26/12 all-star (DMC)
2nd best 3-point shooter in NBA history (Klay).

But that's it okay!

Yes, the player that left an elite roster in OKC to join a 73 win team without him...that was a proven championship team...to replace their only weak link...

That is fine...

Lets focus on the guy that was there from the jump that built the team and proved he could win a title without a MVP winner...unlike Durant.

This shit is going to be even worse than some of us thought. We now have to pretend the Warriors didn't win 67, a title, then 73, and within a couple plays of another...all without KD...in fact, beating KD with a loaded roster....

We have to pretend all that didn't happen in order to prop up the player that made the most bitch made move in sports history.

DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:20 PM   #139
Bronbron23
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,543
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Yes, KD is a better iso scorer.

Disagree about why teams pay so much attention to Curry...it is because he's the GOAT shooter and a great passer as well.

Allowing him to touch the ball in plus EV situations is more dangerous than it is for KD...at least that is what most teams have concluded since KD joined the Warriors.

I just don't see the point because you are just describing a difference. I'm not even sure which specific aspect is more valuable. Is KD's better iso scoring or Curry's deep ball threat off the ball / screens more valuable.

I don't know. That specific aspect I'd lean more towards Curry when championship level help is there, but on an average team...iso scoring is likely more beneficial.

I don't think it is a system thing though...you put Curry in any offensive system and he's going to generate great shots for the team consistently.
I disagree with the last part. I don't curry would be effective on a team that doesn't incorporate alot of screens. I don't think he'd be as effective in hardens place in Dantoni's system. His numbers would be better because he'd have the ball alot more but he can't break guys down like harden can.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:29 PM   #140
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,419
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
I disagree with the last part. I don't curry would be effective on a team that doesn't incorporate alot of screens. I don't think he'd be as effective in hardens place in Dantoni's system. His numbers would be better because he'd have the ball alot more but he can't break guys down like harden can.

Ok.

There seems to be confusion.

I am not arguing that Curry could replace any player on a team and do as good or better in that role. Of course Curry couldn't replace Harden and do as well in that system.

However, you aren't understanding why Dantoni does that system...it is because of Harden. He adapted it to fit Harden.

You act like that is how they played in Phoenix with Nash. They didn't obviously...not at all.

If Curry was on the Rockets in place of Harden they would play much more like the Suns did, but Curry would play off ball more than Nash in part because of skillset and in part because of Paul.

Also, almost every team sets a ton of screens. Again, I'm not sure what league you guys are watching. You act as if "setting screens" is some cheat or that it is specific to the Warriors...and that just isn't the case at all. And, of course, the reason the Warriors set so many "off screens" is because of the skillsets of Curry and Klay. It isn't like a system is just set in stone...coaches aren't dumb enough to get a guy like Curry and not run him off of tons of screens to cause a lot of problems for defenses.

I don't think you are understanding the order of events properly.

Last edited by DMAVS41 : 04-27-2019 at 07:33 PM.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:58 PM   #141
Bronbron23
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,543
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Ok.

There seems to be confusion.

I am not arguing that Curry could replace any player on a team and do as good or better in that role. Of course Curry couldn't replace Harden and do as well in that system.

However, you aren't understanding why Dantoni does that system...it is because of Harden. He adapted it to fit Harden.

You act like that is how they played in Phoenix with Nash. They didn't obviously...not at all.

If Curry was on the Rockets in place of Harden they would play much more like the Suns did, but Curry would play off ball more than Nash in part because of skillset and in part because of Paul.

Also, almost every team sets a ton of screens. Again, I'm not sure what league you guys are watching. You act as if "setting screens" is some cheat or that it is specific to the Warriors...and that just isn't the case at all. And, of course, the reason the Warriors set so many "off screens" is because of the skillsets of Curry and Klay. It isn't like a system is just set in stone...coaches aren't dumb enough to get a guy like Curry and not run him off of tons of screens to cause a lot of problems for defenses.

I don't think you are understanding the order of events properly.
Of course Dantoni would adapt his system to curry but your the one that said curry could be successful in any system. I misunderstood what you meant.

And I never said screens we're cheating. I said it's part of the game.

My point is basically that curry is limited to how good the system is. If the team can't get him open looks or get him switched on to a slow big, curry won't be as successful. This is why he gets worse come playoff time. Teams do a much better job switching and not allowing curry to get looks or a switch he wants. Teams can't do the same with kd
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:08 PM   #142
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,589
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Yes, the player that left an elite roster in OKC to join a 73 win team without him...that was a proven championship team...to replace their only weak link...

That is fine...

Lets focus on the guy that was there from the jump that built the team and proved he could win a title without a MVP winner...unlike Durant.

This shit is going to be even worse than some of us thought. We now have to pretend the Warriors didn't win 67, a title, then 73, and within a couple plays of another...all without KD...in fact, beating KD with a loaded roster....

We have to pretend all that didn't happen in order to prop up the player that made the most bitch made move in sports history.



LOL at elite roster. The same roster that got ousted in the first round while replacing KD with another MVP candidate in PG. The same team that was better without westbrook than with him in the lineup just like in 2014. Just move on brah. If a statpadder and not a team player like lebron deserves a superteam for you for playing with role players his whole career then how much more for the best player and a team player like durant who played with a cancer throughout his career. He deserves that 73 win team for all the time wasted.

But youre the same guy who thinks lebron is a better scorer than kobe coz of FG% so im not surprised why youre a westbrook/lebron stan. Coz you dont know shit statnerd.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #143
TheCorporation
Banned
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 8,305
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
LOL at elite roster. The same roster that got ousted in the first round while replacing KD with another MVP candidate in PG. The same team that was better without westbrook than with him in the lineup just like in 2014. Just move on brah. If a statpadder and not a team player like lebron deserves a superteam for you for playing with role players his whole career then how much more for the best player and a team player like durant who played with a cancer throughout his career. He deserves that 73 win team for all the time wasted.

But youre the same guy who thinks lebron is a better scorer than kobe coz of FG% so im not surprised why youre a westbrook/lebron stan. Coz you dont know shit statnerd.

OKC was an elite roster ...

KD
Westbrook
Ibaka
Roberson
Adams

They had everything. Size, length, experience, defense, shooting, scoring. Get a clue
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #144
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,589
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorporation
OKC was an elite roster ...

KD
Westbrook
Ibaka
Roberson
Adams

They had everything. Size, length, experience, defense, shooting, scoring. Get a clue

stick to trolling dummy
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #145
Doranku
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Doranku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,829
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

It's the first round against an 8 seed whose best player is a 32 year old Lou Williams. Let's see who steps up against the real teams.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:39 PM   #146
34-24 Footwork
Before the Groin...
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,665
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Imagine watching a Warriors game and NOT understanding that Curry's mere presence on the court with the basketball in his hand doesn't create for his entire team

How many people on this forum actually watch the game and understand it?

Draymond's ENTIRE career on the offensive end is credited to Curry being either:

- Trapped and STILL finding Draymond rolling to the basket and making an ally-oop pass

or

- Finding Draymond rolling off of a PnR and Dray swinging the ball to another perimeter player.

or

Completely drawing two defenders from a Draymond pick and Draymond hitting some lucky shots from the perimeter because no one respects him from that distance (see 2016 game 7)
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:54 PM   #147
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,419
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
Of course Dantoni would adapt his system to curry but your the one that said curry could be successful in any system. I misunderstood what you meant.

And I never said screens we're cheating. I said it's part of the game.

My point is basically that curry is limited to how good the system is. If the team can't get him open looks or get him switched on to a slow big, curry won't be as successful. This is why he gets worse come playoff time. Teams do a much better job switching and not allowing curry to get looks or a switch he wants. Teams can't do the same with kd

Curry is limited by a system? No, could not disagree more, Curry is the system. He creates everything you are talking about.

Now, what I think you mean to be arguing is that Curry on a shit team would be limited in comparison to a player like Durant. I agree with that actually, but it means nothing to me as I don't really care which player would be better playing on a shit team.

Again, Curry is being under-rated...

He's averaging 27/6/6 62% TS in the playoffs over the last 5 years.

Like I keep saying...come on now
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:58 PM   #148
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,419
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
LOL at elite roster. The same roster that got ousted in the first round while replacing KD with another MVP candidate in PG. The same team that was better without westbrook than with him in the lineup just like in 2014. Just move on brah. If a statpadder and not a team player like lebron deserves a superteam for you for playing with role players his whole career then how much more for the best player and a team player like durant who played with a cancer throughout his career. He deserves that 73 win team for all the time wasted.

But youre the same guy who thinks lebron is a better scorer than kobe coz of FG% so im not surprised why youre a westbrook/lebron stan. Coz you dont know shit statnerd.

I don't know what else you call a team with an all-time great like Durant surrounded by what amounted to one of the best supporting casts in the league.

When one of the best players of all-time has really good help...it usually is an elite team...just like the Thunder were from essentially 2011 through 2016.

I think most of you started watching basketball post 2010....because I don't know what words you would use to describe the kind of teams Dirk or KG or Wade or Lebron on the Cavs... even Duncan played with at times if we can't admit Durant played with elite help from 11 through 16 on the Thunder overall.

It diminishes too many great players in history that didn't play with teams that sniffed what KD had in OKC for virtually their entire careers.

And, please don't try to rewrite history only a few years old...KD had plenty of help to beat a 73 win team. They were up 3-1 and Durant absolutely shit the bed in a closeout home game (the biggest game of his career to date)...

So don't give me that crap. If he's as good as you claim...you don't make excuses for a player of that caliber.

He had enough help...and couldn't get it done as the man. And couldn't carry the burden of being a franchise championship player.

Hopefully we get to see him in that role next year on a new team.

Last edited by DMAVS41 : 04-27-2019 at 09:12 PM.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:41 PM   #149
And1AllDay
Banned
 
And1AllDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,751
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I don't know what else you call a team with an all-time great like Durant surrounded by what amounted to one of the best supporting casts in the league.

When one of the best players of all-time has really good help...it usually is an elite team...just like the Thunder were from essentially 2011 through 2016.

I think most of you started watching basketball post 2010....because I don't know what words you would use to describe the kind of teams Dirk or KG or Wade or Lebron on the Cavs... even Duncan played with at times if we can't admit Durant played with elite help from 11 through 16 on the Thunder overall.

It diminishes too many great players in history that didn't play with teams that sniffed what KD had in OKC for virtually their entire careers.

And, please don't try to rewrite history only a few years old...KD had plenty of help to beat a 73 win team. They were up 3-1 and Durant absolutely shit the bed in a closeout home game (the biggest game of his career to date)...

So don't give me that crap. If he's as good as you claim...you don't make excuses for a player of that caliber.

He had enough help...and couldn't get it done as the man. And couldn't carry the burden of being a franchise championship player.

Hopefully we get to see him in that role next year on a new team.

Curry dropped 36-8-5 with 58% from 3 (7/12) in that game 7 right on the Kevin snake Durants head
And1AllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:47 PM   #150
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,419
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1AllDay
Curry dropped 36-8-5 with 58% from 3 (7/12) in that game 7 right on the Kevin snake Durants head

It is hilarious.

In the game 6...the Thunder were up 8 entering the 4th. They were up 5 with like 4 minutes left.

Durant was awful. Shot 41% TS with a 93 ortg in the biggest game of his career....

And yet, according to many on here, he just didn't have enough help.

So, playing a proven championship team...the GOAT regular season team...Durant plays like shit...and his team around him is still good enough to get him an 8 point lead entering the 4th and a 5 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go.

But yea...just not enough help.

How dare an all-time great like Durant be expected to play a decent game to win.

Not to mention they checked every historical box for winning a title...

To argue he didn't have enough help is absurd.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy