Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers Luxury Tax Bill for 2013-2014 Season

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    I know this would never happen, but amnesty him. For 120 million?
    Well if you amnesty Kobe, you still have to pay his total salary or I should say whatever is not picked up off amnesty waivers.

So you'd save probably about $100 million or so.

Learning to shoot layups

How much are they spending this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Notitlesince73
    How much are they spending this year?
    Luxury tax is still under the "old" rules this year. So it's $1 for every $1 over luxury tax level.

Last estimate I saw Lakers payroll is about $97 million. So luxury tax level is about $70 million. Lakers are $27 million over, so that's $27 million in luxury taxes......a reasonable number.

The new rules are just crazy. It's essentially a hard cap.

$85 millions to distribute to teams under the luxury tax... yumi.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Real Madrid model Make the money back off merchandise sales, sponsorships, and TV deals you gain by having superstars on your team.
    Real Madrid have ~$700 millions in debt, not sure about the model.

Real Madrid and Barcelona dominate because of this:

How can other Spanish clubs compete with them? How can clubs from other countries that split the TV revenues more equally compete with them?

Barcelona and Real Madrid winning

What a surprise.

NBA better start thinking about regulating these local TV deals or they will be heading to the nonsense and boringness that European soccer have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange

NBA better start thinking about regulating these local TV deals or they will be heading to the nonsense and boringness that European soccer have become.
    What? Regulating local TV deals? The small market teams in the NBA are already taking control. The new luxury tax levels are insane. Look how much money Lakers are going to give back. Plus didn't they also increase revenue sharing on top of that?

The small markets are fine in the NBA, despite their whining. Look at OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    What? Regulating local TV deals? The small market teams in the NBA are already taking control. The new luxury tax levels are insane. Look how much money Lakers are going to give back. Plus didn't they also increase revenue sharing on top of that?

The small markets are fine in the NBA, despite their whining. Look at OKC.
    The champions league nowadays isn't about who is going to win, it's about who is going to UPSET Real Madrid and Barcelona, thanks to the massive advantage they get due their unfair TV deals, it's boredom at it's finest. The spanish league it's a joke, i don't understand how it gets so much praise, it's basically 20 clubs trying to lose for the less amount of goals possible when they face Barca and Real.

Believe me you don't want that on the NBA. Not who's going to win, but who is going to upset LA and NY this year, and other teams just trying not to lose by 30 points.
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 08-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.

I am probably wrong, and I don't know why I think this, but for some reason I think minimum deals don't count towards the tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    I am probably wrong, and I don't know why I think this, but for some reason I think minimum deals don't count towards the tax.
    No, I don't think that's right.

However, certain vet minimum deals are paid partially by league, to give teams incentive to sign veterans. In other words, otherwise, teams might not want to sign expensive veterans and sign younger players instead. To prevent that, league picks up part of the tab. I think that's what you are thinking of.

The champions league nowadays isn't about who is going to win, it's about who is going to UPSET Real Madrid and Barcelona, thanks to the massive advantage they get due their unfair TV deals, it's boredom at it's finest. The spanish league it's a joke, i don't understand how it gets so much praise, it's basically 20 clubs trying to lose for the less amount of goals possible when they face Barca and Real.

Believe me you don't want that on the NBA. Not who's going to win, but who is going to upset LA and NY this year, and other teams just trying not to lose by 30 points.
    Real is upset in the UCL about every year. Bad example.
    Barcelona has a great generation of talent, there sure can lure talent to their team in upcoming generations, but they won't get exceptional home grown players all the time. They had to wait over a decade to solidify again as a top flight european team.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Forbes stated that the Lakers new tv deal is worth 5 billion over 20 years. It also said they'll make 200 million per year. Chump Change to a boss like Jim/Jerry Buss lol
    weird those figures dont add up. thats only 4 billion over 20 years.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    I know this would never happen, but amnesty him. For 120 million?
    He Brings in a lot of money to the Lakers.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    weird those figures dont add up. thats only 4 billion over 20 years.
    Depends on what article you read, it's between 3 and 5 billion over 20 yrs so $150,000,000-$250,000,000 a yr. Conversely, Sacramento's tv deal is worth 14.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Real Madrid have ~$700 millions in debt, not sure about the model.

Real Madrid and Barcelona dominate because of this:

How can other Spanish clubs compete with them? How can clubs from other countries that split the TV revenues more equally compete with them?

Barcelona and Real Madrid winning

What a surprise.

Real Madrid are owned by the fans and garner more revenue for the Spanish league for every other league combined.There's revenue sharing in England yet when was the last time someone other than Chelsea, United or City won?

Two of those clubs don't even spend what they earn they just have sugar daddies who buy players for them.

Bayern has 10 fold the revenue and expenditure of any German club, yet Dortmund rapes them every year.

Chelsea in the last 8 years have spent more money than any other Club including Madrid, none of which has come from actual revenue or income , which is worse?

Everyone wants to see Barca and Madrid upset because they have the best teams not because they spent the most money but because they are the best at putting successful teams together.

bump so the other thread can see the calculation