Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #61
BlueandGold
Lakers 2017

Default Re: Andre Drummond says his NBA Comparison is KD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Yeah, turned out to be nothing close to what the title was suggesting. It didn't make sense that a 6'10", 280 pound center with such a raw offensive game would compare himself to a 6'9", 215 pound scoring machine with a great jumper. And as it turns out, he didn't.

On a side note, it's weird to hear anyone saying they "grew up" watching Durant, who is what? 23?

I have nothing against Drummond, but based on what I saw of him at UCONN, this kid going to the NBA now is a joke. He's way too raw and needs probably 2 years unless he somehow improves a ton between the end of the college season and the NBA season.

I hate seeing these raw big men in the NBA way too early as projects, there's really no point for them to even be in the league yet, and a lot of the time, they don't pan out anyway.

Drummond wishes he had half of Duckworth's offensive skills.
Yea, GOBB's statement on it was pretty accurate. I watched the video, there was one point where a reporter straight up asked him "who do you compare your game to", in which drummond replies with a well-thought out (or well scripted) response, saying "i dont compare my game to anyone. I compare myself to andre drummond. I'm trying to model my own game and my own brand"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSByhECZWw

that should pretty much put this thread to rest

does OP have an axe to grind with drummond or something? How in the hell can you twist someone's words that badly?
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #62
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Yea, GOBB's statement on it was pretty accurate. I watched the video, there was one point where a reporter straight up asked him "who do you compare your game to", in which drummond replies with a well-thought out (or well scripted) response, saying "i dont compare my game to anyone. I compare myself to andre drummond. I'm trying to model my own game and my own brand"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSByhECZWw

that should pretty much put this thread to rest

does OP have an axe to grind with drummond or something? How in the hell can you twist someone's words that badly?
OP repeated exactly what Chad Ford said on the Nba combine so he didn't twist shit
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #63
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
OP repeated exactly what Chad Ford said on the Nba combine so he didn't twist shit

No one has showed any evidence that Chad Ford ever said that yet.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #64
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Oh god your smarter than this. First link one person posed the question in a thread where people are currently Watchin the combine. Not one quotes and agrees to what was claimed. Why? They are discussing verticals agility tests height measurements throughout the thread and not one says "yeah I heard that".

the very next post says 'yea, may hurt his stock'

Quote:
There is actual video footage at combine where he discusses who he looked up too and compares himself too. There are actual quotes from his mouth what is said. Sorry way more believable than random posters throwing out a statement where they themselves don't know the context in which it was said.

no reason why he cant have said both things, the kd comparison, and later in the day the, 'i compare myself to andre drummond' bit

why must they be mutually exclusive?

Quote:
These links prove nothing. I can in fact go on a msgboard and make a thread titles the same thing. Then you'll link that thread in here and say "I'm sure this guy didn't mis hear". Like come on.

so what? its all a conspiracy? all these other posters on different message boards, all just fabricated this story to make drummond look dumb? not to mention, they were all posted during the live show, when is the time chad ford supposedly said it

look, tbh, i really dont care. im sure these guys are exhausted, and id put little to no stock in interviews, but you cant act like theres no evidence to suggest that he compared himself to kd. theres plenty
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #65
chips93
Very good NBA starter

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/6...-anthony-davis

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...85712&start=75

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2012/6...ay-2-live-blog

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/6...-likely-result
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #66
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Those links are pointless.

No one saw Drummond say it. They took what Chad Ford said who could have taken what Drummond said out of context. Chad ford writes for espn. No article or twitter comment speaking on it. We saw what Drummond said. It makes zero sense to believe he said what people claim via Chad Ford. It's retarded.

Someone is better off sending Chad Ford a twitter message as asking him to confirm what was said or asking Drummond too.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #67
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No one saw Drummond say it. They took what Chad Ford said who could have taken what Drummond said out of context. Chad ford writes for espn. No article or twitter comment speaking on it. We saw what Drummond said. It makes zero sense to believe he said what people claim via Chad Ford. It's retarded.

fine

theres evidence both ways, but people were acting like OP just completely fabricated this anecdote, and that clearly isnt true
Old 06-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #68
BlueandGold
Lakers 2017

at people arguing what drummond said or didn't say when it's so obvious. Either provide direct video or material evidence that he said it or STFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by retard
fine

theres evidence both ways

No there's no evidence both ways, that's the point. Actual reliable posters like GOBB, Shaqattack have already exposed this thread, which is why I quoted shaqattack to begin with. Nothing to see here gentlemen, just an exposed troll.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #69
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
No there's no evidence both ways, that's the point. Actual reliable posters like GOBB, Shaqattack have already exposed this thread, which is why I quoted shaqattack to begin with. Nothing to see here gentlemen, just an exposed troll.

7 different sources, off of messageboards, blogs, comment sections, etc. all talking about what ford said, but w/e its all just a conspiracy against drummond

Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #70
mobbdeep
Not airballing my layups anymore

Drummond was horrible at uconn. he should have stayed a year and try to dominate. hes like deandee jordan who never did much in college but has huge potential due to being huge
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: