Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andre Drummond

Default Re: Andre Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Owl
    Kwame Brown was a draft bust because he had tiny hands, because he was never a number one pick level talent anyway (scouts hadn't and arguably never did get a grasp on scouting HS level talent competing vs other high school players, which in turn leads to my next point), people especially MJ overrated him based on positive workouts vs Chandler, people were way too high on High School players at that point anyway. Washington with MJ playing and still effectively managing the Bulls (with a coach of his choosing, and somewhat in his pocket) was not the right place to nurture whatever talent Kwame had, but to be honest I don't think he had that much to begin with.

I'm not aware of Drummond having a physical flaw like tiny hands. The bigger question is his drive and whether he's committed to becoming the player he can be.

Whilst I would certainly look to get him help from any source possible, the idea that legendary big men, some of whom present kids haven't heard of, will be a pancea to all their problems (the notion that training with Kareem will give you his skyhook or with Hakeem will give you his dream shake and footwork) is flawed. Not that this is (necessarily) what the poster is saying but a lot of people seem to look at it this way.
    Brown had a terrible work ethic. And was mentally weak. It had nothing to do with his hands.

Saying that, brown couldve made a name for himself if he decided to become a bonafide bigman defender. Cuz he was solid half-assing it.

Drummond makes a guy like McGee look polished. He makes Bosh look like Ron Artest in terms of softness. He doesn't go up strong, stands around, gets outrebounded by guys he should be dominating.

The guy shot 29% free throw! He's probably the worst mentally I've seen in the past few years. Chew on that for a while.

His draft position for mine would be heavily dependant on his workouts and interviews.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    he is the 2nd best player in the draft after davis, any team that draft guys beal or mkg over Drummond will be DUUUUUUUUUUUUMB
    Thank goodness he ended up with a solid team like the Pistons, instead of all the scrub teams that passed on him.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

dude is going to show all those teams that passed up on him what a mistake that was,

As a UConn grad, I was worried about AD going to the NBA early. I figured that another year of college would improve his game and make him stronger. But so far in his first NBA preseason, he is looking pretty good. As someone already stated, I think that AD is going to be the steal of the draft.

I know that it is only preseason. I am sure that in an 82 game season AD will have some ups and downs. Bt I think that overall he is going to be ok and come out as the ROY.

Drummund and Sullinger are the steals of the draft.

He may be the WORST free throw shooter of all time doe

Form a ****ing wall DetroitPiston's Avatar

Never understood why teams were willing to pass over him. One thing to draft due to need and all that but either way.

There's a reason that despite being bad, guys like Kwame and Darko are in this league for so long, they're big. Big players are hard to find.

What also makes him so intriguing is that at 19, he's 6'10 (Don't know the exact height) and 270. He's got a couple years of growth left. Also, having heard about the situation at UConn, it's easy to see why he didn't look so great at the college level.

If Drummond pans out and Monroe continues at the level that he's been playing, that could be a frontcourt that could possibly dominate the league for years.

I'm excited for this Pistons team, haven't been this excited for a long time. It was fun being dominant but it's the build-ups that make it the most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    some of yall didnt watch any uconn games this year. drummond disappeared on a regular basis, and has a poor motor.
    Way to have your own opinion.

Here is his poor motor in action last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQg65PGqSo

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc

yeah, just a terrible motor and pure lazyness

Very good NBA starter

I knew Andre Drummond would be another Demarcus cousins. Guys like him are proof that GM's don't know what the hell they're doing and why bad teams stay bad(I'm looking at you MJ)

In his fairness, he said UConn.

And at UConn, he wasn't exactly Dennis Rodman.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Oh my lord. That dunk down the middle on the fastbreak was VICIOUS. He literally t-bagged Ilysova.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Most underrated and impressive thing about Drummond for me is his soft touch in the paint. Reminds me of Bynum how dispite his huge frame he just has that ability to finish tip ins and soft finger rolls etc in traffic. Just has amazing coordination.

I'd probably take this guy over Cousins. Same versatile skillset but without the attitude issues. I think he has a chance to become the best center in the game and Pistons are in AMAZING shape with Drummond and Monroe as their starting frontcourt for the next decade. Now they just gotta shed players like Charlie V and Stuckey who are very talented but don't fit into the new rebuild mold.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-14-2012 at 03:25 PM.