Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Andre Drummond so far this season......

8.6 on 41% despite being a garbage man
    and 10 boards while playing below average defense and having less offensive game than Reggie Evans. 3 assists to 14 turnover and 37% from the free throw line.

The dude at this point can literally only jump and run that's his whole skillset. The hype this guy was getting last year................

Default Re: Andre Drummond so far this season......

and monroe signs the QO

No confidence since Jennette McCurdy outed him.

I had high hopes for him, looks like he skipped the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    8.6 on 41% despite being a garbage man
    and 10 boards while playing below average defense and having less offensive game than Reggie Evans. 3 assists to 14 turnover and 37% from the free throw line.

The dude at this point can literally only jump and run that's his whole skillset. The hype this guy was getting last year................
    He needs a point guard

NBA Superstar

Having watched each game so far, Drummond has been plagued by foul trouble and his pick-and-roll bunny lobs haven't flowed like wine as they did the last two years. I think Stan Van Gundy's strategic alterations (along with teams understanding Drummond likes to jump & catch things) have both played a role there.

As such, without the 2-4 dunk lobs per game, he's been left with 1-3 post move attempts (with about a 20-33% success rate, because he's still an awful post player) and putbacks or attempts via dropoff in the vicinity of the rim. He actually has pretty bad touch. His shooting percentage last year came via finishing within an inch of the rim, which is okay, but if he's not getting that, he struggles.

SVG also reports that he's been slow on picking up the system. Slow on his defensive rotations, slow on last second adjustments. Apparently the nuance of SVG's system, as opposed to the simplicity and "just play" ethos of Mo Cheeks has been a tough adjustment.

Also, Drummond remains slow-footed defensively. He's a huge body that can rise up into the air, but it takes a while for him to get off the ground, making him a much worse shot-blocking threat than he could be.

So SVG is back at coaching another skill-less athletic big.

literally all he can do on a consistent basis is rebound and dunk, and he's even been bad at that so far this season...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    So SVG is back at coaching another skill-less athletic big.
    Andre Drummond may be less athletic and less offensively-skilled than Dwight Howard was at this point. I like Andre, but his offensive touch is rough.

lets have him beheaded

Not airballing my layups anymore

Trading Will Bynum lowered Drummond's ppg. The two of them had great chemistry and having them on the floor together was a guaranteed 10+ points off lobs.

I'm not sure what the SVG system entails but any coach will tweak his system to best put his players in a position to win. The current Pistons are obviously a work in progress...which is at least better than the past couple years where they'd mostly just been losers.

We're still losers but the gap is closing.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sundog67
    Trading Will Bynum lowered Drummond's ppg. The two of them had great chemistry and having them on the floor together was a guaranteed 10+ points off lobs.

I'm not sure what the SVG system entails but any coach will tweak his system to best put his players in a position to win. The current Pistons are obviously a work in progress...which is at least better than the past couple years where they'd mostly just been losers.

We're still losers but the gap is closing.
    Shooting from the hip, but I wonder if SVG's system doesn't believe as much in pulling Drummond away from the hoop for those pick & rolls. Or maybe he's just trying to get Andre to develop a little, as opposed to just being a one trick pony. I've noticed he's now getting 1-3 post looks every game and he's being put in new offensive positions otherwise. As such, it's rough to watch, but maybe good for his development.

Keep hating on the next big thing

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Keep hating on the next big thing
    that's what OP does. he's got some twisted view of reality where Drummond is the reason why Cousins doesn't get his proper shine. I don't personally see how bitterness is a good way to enjoy sports, but it's his life

Sheeeit Stuckey ballin Jumpman10135's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I had high hopes for him, looks like he skipped the offseason.
    he played team USA bro...

It's early still though guys... I'll start switching my opinion on him if he keeps this up through the start of December.