Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is "Rest" good enough reason to miss a season of basketball? *pic*

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I think men should counter the feminist movement by protesting the WNBA. They should say that it's a sexist league that doesn't allow men to participate. They should say it's a workplace that discriminates based on gender. After all, women are able to tryout for the NBA right? And Brittany Griner did, I believe, but got denied because she wasn't good enough.

Either that, or some kind of transgender should try to get into the WNBA and absolutely dominate

Juwanna Mann??

Her Russian team is paying her 1.5 million NOT to play in the WNBA. Her salary in the WNBA last season was 100k.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Juwanna Mann??
    yup, or this:

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/1...salary-changes

This past WNBA season, 36 players made approximately the same amount as Taurasi, who will likely finish her career as the league's all-time leading scorer. Another six players made just under $100,000. This means each team had three to four players making "max money." Although listing names would be gratuitous, common sense says not all of those 40-plus players are as valuable to their teams -- or the league as a whole -- as Taurasi is to Phoenix.
    In the WNBA, most coaches make more than double the salaries of their star players. Numerous coaches in the league are making in the range of $250,000 -- some as much as $300,000.
    Unbelievable

yup, or this:

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    All paid for by the nba Id assume. I don't think there 20 fans would cover much

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    worst commercial ever.
    First time I've ever agreed with a post you've made.

Honestly I wondered if Lebron should have taken this year off, ala Jordan in his hiatus from basketball. Take some time, rest your legs, and the in a year make the decision about what team to go to. Start the second half of your career off completely fresh.

It sounds crazy and maybe it is, but we always hear about how Jordans sabbatical re-energized him mentally. Perhaps also physically?

I think men should counter the feminist movement by protesting the WNBA. They should say that it's a sexist league that doesn't allow men to participate. They should say it's a workplace that discriminates based on gender. After all, women are able to tryout for the NBA right? And Brittany Griner did, I believe, but got denied because she wasn't good enough.

Either that, or some kind of transgender should try to get into the WNBA and absolutely dominate
    yeah, there are no sex restrictions for the NBA as far as I know - if a woman was good enough, she could play without any legal problems

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Yup.

Semi-OT: What about blackpeoplemeet.com ? How are they allowed to restrict people based on race? I thought that was illegal.

She s going to get more money to play in Russia. **** the WNBA. He primary concern is her Russian team.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    It's actually unbelievable that they make that much. I dont know a single person who has ever watched a WNBA game.

Decent playground baller Practice?'s Avatar

She better be careful or she will lose her muscle memory.

Yeah, Taurasi is a genius, idiotic post.

Also, EuroLeague basketball for women trumps the WNBA.

Taurasi is a disgusting cunt