Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default FIBA final statistics

The USA team that was clowned on when Harden was named the leader, that everyone wrote off, the youngest Team USA since 1992, won by an average of 31 points per game. Too easy.

PPG & FG%
    Harden 14.2, 53%, 41% 3pt
    Thompson 12.7 52%, 41% 3pt
    Faried 12.4 64%
    Davis 12.3 55%
    Irving 12.1 56%, 61% 3pt
    Curry 10.7 41%, 44% 3pt
    Cousins 9.6 70%
    Gay 6.0 48%, 42% 3pt
    Rose 4.8 25%, 5% 3pt No that 5% is not a typo.
    Derozan 4.8 54%, 29% 3pt
    Drummond 3.0 61%
    Plumlee 2.3 60%

APG
    Irving 3.6
    Harden 3.2
    Rose 3.1
    Curry 2.9
    Thompson 2.1
    Gay 1.4
    Derozan 1.2
    Cousins 1.0
    Davis 0.8
    Faried 0.7
    Plumlee 0.3
    Drummond .1

RPG
    Faried 7.8
    Davis 6.6
    Cousins 5.6
    Gay 3.7
    Harden 2.8
    Curry 2.8
    Irving 2.6
    Drummond 2.5
    Thompson 2.2
    Plumlee 2.0
    Rose 1.9

SPG
    Harden 2.1
    Irving 1.9
    Cousins 1.3
    Curry 1.2
    Thompson 1.0
    Gay 1.0
    Davis 0.9
    Rose 0.9
    Derozan 0.8
    Faried 0.6

BPG
    Davis 2.1 (Only player above 1.0)

+/-
    Harden 22.0
    Irving 20.7
    Faried 19.9
    Curry 18.7
    Thompson 17.7
    Davis 17.2
    Cousins 16.3
    Gay 14.6
    Rose 13.9
    Derozan 5.8
    Drummond -0.5
    Plumlee -1.2

Our best lineup appeared to be

Irving
    Curry
    Harden
    Faried
    Davis

based solely on numbers. Nothing surprising there.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: FIBA final statistics

Cousins

Granted I didnt watch all the games, but Rose....

He needed to shake the rust off before the regular season begins.

Rose looks like a prime Spanoullis out there.

Lillard or Wall should have been in over Rose

Can't argue with the numbers, turns out Harden was really one of our best guys. Dude still needs to stop being such a Bogart on D.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Can't argue with the numbers, turns out Harden was really one of our best guys. Dude still needs to stop being such a Bogart on D.
    I think the 5 listed at the bottom, plus Cousins, were far and away our best players and it showed.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    The USA team that was clowned on when Harden was named the leader, that everyone wrote off, the youngest Team USA since 1992, won by an average of 31 points per game. Too easy.

PPG & FG%
    Harden 14.2, 53%, 41% 3pt
    Thompson 12.7 52%, 41% 3pt
    Faried 12.4 64%
    Davis 12.3 55%
    Irving 12.1 56%, [COLOR="Red"]61% 3pt[/COLOR]
    Curry 10.7 41%, 44% 3pt
    Cousins 9.6 70%
    Gay 6.0 48%, 42% 3pt
    Rose 4.8 25%, 5% 3pt
    Derozan 4.8 54%, 29% 3pt
    Drummond 3.0 61%
    Plumlee 2.3 60%
    61% from three? That is complete insanity for a sample size this large. Granted, the line is a bit closer on the FIBA level, but Curry and Thompson were still hovering around their NBA averages. To shoot that kind of percentage from longrange? Let's just say that I think the best pure shooter in the NBA is completely debatable at this point, and Kyrie is in that conversation. Wait until he starts getting a lot of wide open spot-up looks on a regular basis.

Speaking of Thompson, he isn't getting enough love in the post-FIBA reaction threads. He was consistently solid on both ends throughout the tourney. Props to him.

I think the 5 listed at the bottom, plus Cousins, were far and away our best players and it showed.

I was impressed to see him take his NBA game and make it work in FIBA. I thought his eurostep, due to the controversial legality of the "gather step", wouldn't translate to FIBA. Instead the guy was making and1s all day, impressive

Very good NBA starter

Derrick rose

****ing jeremy lin wouldve done better than him

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    61% from three? That is complete insanity for a sample size this large. Granted, the line is a bit closer on the FIBA level, but Curry and Thompson were still hovering around their NBA averages. To shoot that kind of percentage from longrange? Let's just say that I think the best pure shooter in the NBA is completely debatable at this point, and Kyrie is in that conversation. Wait until he starts getting a lot of wide open spot-up looks on a regular basis.

Speaking of Thompson, he isn't getting enough love in the post-FIBA reaction threads. He was consistently solid on both ends throughout the tourney. Props to him.
    I seriously think Kyrie is gonna break out as a top 10 player this season. Last year was a rough patch but he looked amazing in the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Irving was 6-6 from deep in the gold medal game, that surely boosted his %'s.

Not sure how many games they played, but Irving was hot no doubt about it. I think he'll greatly improve as a third option (because let's face it, thats what he will be). A career 38% 3pt shooter, if he can up that to 42% off easier looks, hes going to look so much better.

Irving with 61% FG from the 3-pt line.

Lebron will have a blast with this kid

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Irving was 6-6 from deep in the gold medal game, that surely boosted his %'s.

Not sure how many games they played, but Irving was hot no doubt about it. I think he'll greatly improve as a third option (because let's face it, thats what he will be). A career 38% 3pt shooter, if he can up that to 42% off easier looks, hes going to look so much better.
    He hovered around 40% for most of his first two years in the league. It was a cold shooting start to his third season that had his percentage dip a bit, and that was mainly because defenses were focused on stopping him for 48 minutes of every game. That won't be possible on this team.

And, I expect him to the point guard on this team. Whether that means the first option, second option, third option or whatever... I don't really care. I'm sure each of these guys will fall differently in the pecking order based on the offensive set that we happen to be running at any given moment.

Basketball isn't nearly as black-and-white as some try to make it out to be. He'll get plenty of chances with the basketball in his hands, as will LeBron and Love.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Kyrie plays really well when he's surrounded with other all stars. He may break out this season with love and lebron by his side. Shit it may be enough firepower to topple the mighty spurs.