Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bucks fan

Default Re: Will the Knicks reneg on Amare if Lebron doesn't sign?

I don't understand what you're getting at. A front line of SF/PF/PF, and all three guys are weak defenders... it's not like the two PFs are both going to average 30 points on 50% shooting and somehow make up for all that bad defense. You think that's a playoff team?

And it isn't just big men that are going to beast on them. Penetrating guards are going to finish at the rim all day long.

The Suns at their peak had prime Marion contributing a lot of blocks, steals, and defensive rebounds to make up for some of the holes - and more importantly they had one of the best offensive players of all time running the point. That was elite offense.

If the Knicks somehow trade for Chris Paul with those defenders, I'll say "yeah ok, maybe the offense can make up for the defense."

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Gallinari isn't that bad on defense. You can say he improved 100% since last year. He has the will to improve, so there's hope there. Also, Chandler is a good defender, and T.Douglas is basically our best defender. He'd be a great defender on any team.

Lee and Amare are the weak link.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]No the only way the Knicks would reneg on the contract is if Lebron or Wade say I am coming and we are going after Bosh. Other than that Amare is ours uninsured guaranteed 5 year deal (I will say this over and over again till it sinks in with other Knick fans it isnt a good contract).

Amare does present some attractiveness to other players be it this year or next year. With that said Lee isnt coming back because the cap space will be held over until Summer '11 as much as possible.

The only cap space that will be used at this point is to find a PG which will happen after the top 3 FA's makes there decision. I think its possible a 3 team trade could be in the works to fill that need.

Gallo is a solid defender as it turns out. But most people wouldnt know this because of all the bad defense played as a team but Chandler and Gallo were good on the bal[ defenders. [/COLOR]

TitoBeasley at it again.

I'm sure YOU would reneg on a contract promise in real life, but I think its safe to say the Knicks would never do that.

The ONLY thing I can think of that might change are the terms. Maybe Knicks ask Amare to structure deal a different way depending on what free agent is available to save cap space money.

isn't it spelled renege?

Half this forum is on antacid pills since Amare became officially a Knick, and the indigestion just doesn't go away.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaniloGallinari
    And how many true centers are there really in the NBA? That team would destroy any PF-C combo due to their speed and shooting.

What do fried foods have to do with this. We can speculate on what the team will do, but to say outright that they will fail is a bit immature and childish. It seems to me that the comment stems from hate rather than smart judgment.
    you do realize that they cant sub out on defense right? that team would be terrible.

Gallinari isn't that bad on defense. You can say he improved 100% since last year. He has the will to improve, so there's hope there. Also, Chandler is a good defender, and T.Douglas is basically our best defender. He'd be a great defender on any team.

Lee and Amare are the weak link.
    yes, the back line, the protectors of the basket are two of the worst defenders at their position in the league. great team

Don't waste all the cap money this year. Sign Amare, save space for next FA session and hope to get another max player like Melo. Ask fans to be patient for another year before all the goods start happening. Don't panic just to sign players because It will hurt in the long run.

That would be a good regular season team that could possibly outrun many other teams in the NBA.

Why do people make judgments as if they can see the future? I find it funny and stupid.
    Funny how you just made a judgement in the first sentence of your post saying that it would be a good regular season team. But when someone says it would be a bad team then they're stupid because they can't predict the future?

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Don't waste all the cap money this year. Sign Amare, save space for next FA session and hope to get another max player like Melo. Ask fans to be patient for another year before all the goods start happening. Don't panic just to sign players because It will hurt in the long run.
    they have to field at least 13 players and meet the salary minimum (41 mil or something) by the end of the year. So, they will have to use at least some of the capspace. I do agree that holding on to enough (maybe 8 mil or so) to help leverage trades or to combine with curry's expirer in the offseason (if they cant move him) is not a bad idea. But they are going to have to spend most of their capspace just to field a team.

Blu Ray

wow booze, couldn't stay away for more than 24 hours

had to vent about knicks fans thinking they have room next year for another max. and then I was sucked in. I promise you I will be much less active on this forum than before. Any recommendations for another site to talk bball? Gotta fill my fix somehow.

No, not at all.

New York City is too desperate. They've been a laughing stock for the better part of a decade.

They will overspend for a one dimensional and injury prone player. They have to do something, so they mine as well do this.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    had to vent about knicks fans thinking they have room next year for another max. and then I was sucked in. I promise you I will be much less active on this forum than before. Any recommendations for another site to talk bball? Gotta fill my fix somehow.
    realgm