Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

Lost some players and gained some players. The core of Williams, Johnson, and Lopez is still intact, including Kevin Garnett. Let's see what these nets have this season.

Feel free to talk about any game, pre-game, during-game, post-game.

Go Nets!

   

Default Re: Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

sounds like they had a very solid start against a respectable opponent, beating maccabi tel aviv 111 - 94.

dwill apparently looked like his old self, but that also leads to a bit of frustration... as in, why couldn't he have had his ankles cleared of bone fragments last offseason instead of this one? the nets might well have knocked off the heat, if so.

oh well, whatever.

somehow this season feels more promising to me than last year. more realistic expectations, more up-and-coming talent on the roster, a better system, a more sane budget, and a better plan going forward.

meanwhile paul pierce is doing the sour grapes thing in washington, while wizards fans are not pleased about how old he's looking. it might have gotten ugly with hollins if the nets had brought him back...

With low expectations this season, hopefully we'll have less headaches this year. As long as everyone is healthy I think we can get a decent seed in the playoffs.

This is going to be the first season I can't watch every Nets game live because I moved to the West Coast . I did subscribe to Ball streams though which is basically league pass but cheaper.

Here's to another season with my fellow Nets fam

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Here's to another season with my fellow Nets fam
    sounds like you graduated and and went on to your next school or began a career.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    sounds like you graduated and and went on to your next school or began a career.
    The latter :).

It's pretty crazy to think I've been part of this forum for almost 9 years. I know we haven't been as active as we were back in the NJ days but it's cool that a few of us are still around.

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    The latter :).

It's pretty crazy to think I've been part of this forum for almost 9 years. I know we haven't been as active as we were back in the NJ days but it's cool that a few of us are still around.
    pardon any rudeness upon my part... but you make us proud, bro.

let's kick ASS this season! woof!

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    pardon any rudeness upon my part... but you make us proud, bro.

let's kick ASS this season! woof!

MTing- I use the same site. Cheaper league pass without blackouts. Also has an archive for every single game. Ballstreams is awesome :)

So, let's just forget that game against Boston ever happened.... I have a bad feeling about the next game against the pistons. Their front like is ridiculous.

   

new coach, new system, brook dealing with an injury... this may take a few games.

So okc has a lot of injuries.... Including Russel Westbrook who has a fracture in his hand. Should most likely be out for the game against the nets as well as Kevin Durant... In the nets home opener

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    So okc has a lot of injuries.... Including Russel Westbrook who has a fracture in his hand. Should most likely be out for the game against the nets as well as Kevin Durant... In the nets home opener
    Hope we'll have Brook back by that game. We need him really badly.

No Brook Lopez against the Pistons tonight. Plumlee is gonna have his hands full with Drummond/Monroe/Smith.

   

seems to me that how brook is used by the staff is going to make a very large impact on the season.

i mean, do you try to improve his rebounding numbers at the expense of his better areas?

how far do you push him at all given his foot problems? maybe just let him do whatever he's comfortable with and adjust from there?

do you try to run a low-post offense through him or do you lean more towards his very good midrange game with plumdog and others down low to gobble rebounds?

what happens if he stagnates the offense, as he's sometimes done in the past?

is the PnR flex offense really a good fit for him in the first place?

we've got questions... do you have answers?

The only one I can guess on, gigantes, is that there is no way Hollins doesn't go to Lopez is the low post. Iirc, Hollins said he wanted to utilize Lopez in the post and he wanted to see less jumpshots. Though Lopez does have a nice mid range jumpshot.

Game day today against the banged up Thunder. Brook Lopez returns to the starting lineup. Reggie Jackson( their sixth man) is expected to start to the injured Russell Westbrook after Jackson was just injured as well originally.