Default Post-Draft: What Do The Cavs Go From Here?

Right now their official roster looks something like this...

Varejao/Zeller/Haywood
    Thompson/Bennett
    Wiggins
    Waiters/Jack/Keresev/Felix
    Irving/Dellavedova

...who do you think the Cavs should realistically target on the market or do you think they should trade? Gortat is probably the best center on the market, but he will command high dollar and is 30 years old now.
    Last edited by Meticode; 06-30-2014 at 07:58 AM.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Default Re: Post-Draft: What Do The Cavs Go From Here?

you forgot sergey, felix and haywood.we will have to carry him on the team till we can make use of his contract in a trade, so thats 12 that should make the roster. to answer the ? i trade jack at all costs and give all his minutes to delly, try to resign cj for cheap. start KI, Dion, Wiggins, TT, Zeller. hope AB takes the starting job at somepoint. the cavs will improve threw a trade but not free agency. im not against hawes being brought back for a reasonable price. i think people are underrating zeller at center, it wasnt the biggest roster hole last year. maybe try to get kanter from the jazz or try and sign parsons? I can no longer see AV on this roster dont think he will be on the team this year, sad one of my favorite cavs all time, but its time to part ways.
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 06-29-2014 at 09:47 AM.

I think the Cavs should forget about big free agents, and just try to get a few good veterans to add some experience and leadership. We don't need to win right now, we just need to build something over the next couple of years.
    With that in mind, someone like Caron Butler or Richard Jefferson could work at SF, and Emeka Okafor or Drew Gooden at PF/C. These wouldn't be long term contracts obviously, just 2-3 years to help our young core get up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
    you forgot sergey, felix and haywood.we will have to carry him on the team till we can make use of his contract in a trade, so thats 12 that should make the roster. to answer the ? i trade jack at all costs and give all his minutes to delly, try to resign cj for cheap. start KI, Dion, Wiggins, TT, Zeller. hope AB takes the starting job at somepoint. the cavs will improve threw a trade but not free agency. im not against hawes being brought back for a reasonable price. i think people are underrating zeller at center, it wasnt the biggest roster hole last year. maybe try to get kanter from the jazz or try and sign parsons? I can no longer see AV on this roster dont think he will be on the team this year, sad one of my favorite cavs all time, but its time to part ways.
    I agree. Maybe they can make Varejao and Jack part of some trade together. Varejao cna help a lot of contending teams and his contract will run out after one year when he's making over $9. I'd really like them to get a young defensive center that isn't a offensive liability. Someone like a Derrick Favors (which was rumored in trades earlier) or Timothy Mozgov.