Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Are You Wiling To Acknowledge Stern Got a Better Deal After His Veto?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    they got what will surely be a top 10, and perhaps even a top 5 pick next year.
    I don't agree with this at all. From Simmons:

Minny's pick might be overrated. The following teams have less talent on their roster: Cleveland, Toronto, Charlotte, Washington, New Orleans. The following teams MIGHT finish worse than them: Utah, Detroit, Sacramento, Golden State, Milwaukee, Denver (if it decides to rebuild for next season) and Houston (ditto). Also, the T-Wolves went from the league's worst coach (Kurt Rambis) to one of its most successful coaches of the past 20 years (Rick Adelman, who has a habit of getting teams to overachieve). And a nucleus of Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barea, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, Anthony Tolliver, Luke Ridnour and the 18-Foul Center Monster (Darko Milicic, Brad Miller and Nikola Pekovic) is surprisingly solid. I hate going deeper than nine or 10 guys, but for this nightmare of a 66-game season, wouldn't you want a deep team with young legs? How many games will the T-Wolves steal just by being deeper and fresher?

Default Re: Are You Wiling To Acknowledge Stern Got a Better Deal After His Veto?

^ that's what i've been saying. slim chance they make playoffs but they have adelman and youth on their side. nothing should be a sure bet in a shortened season. even then, i know the draft is deep but there's no guarantees there either. it's an envious position to be in and some of those guys have higher ceilings than gordon even.

btw, i don't think gordon leaves NO. he will get a near max or max offer when it's time. imagine a davis/harrison barnes/gordon core...that's a solid start.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    So I'm right. He can become an unrestricted free agent after next season if he chooses.

And if he doesn't...pony up NOH....you are going to be paying a guy that probably can't be the best or 2nd best player on a contending team a lot of money.

This is exactly my point. That is why I don't like the deal as much as you do. You think Gordon is on another level than I do.
    After two seasons he could leave. I thought you meant after this season. CP3 hasn't promised anything over two years either.

I don't think THAT much of Gordon. He is a good scoring guard and that isn't all that common these days. But I don't know that he can grow into a cornerstone of a franchise which is what you expect from max guys.

I actually rather agree with you. Thats why I wanted the Clips to put him in the deal rather than the Minny pick. But worst case scenario is they get him for two years at a total cost of ~1/3 of his actual value. AND they got the
    Minny pick.

College superstar

Simmons is an idiot if he thinks Wash, et al have less talent than the TWolves. I usually like him but he lists the team off and seems to suggest its a good thing. I think its a TERRIBLE roster.