Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: One thing that I like about Lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by dec1981
    Of the top of my head Lebron has dunked on:
    Zo
    Young J. O'Neal
    Prime Duncan

And just last season Dwight Howard and Ibaka, who is arguably the best shot blocker in the nba...and Lebron did it with a broken nose.

But, I agree with you that he needs to challenged more bigs. I think Lebron thinks too much on the court sometimes. He's thinking about making the best possible play instead of just taking the chance of just throwing down on someone.
    Dwight wasn't going up for the block... neither was Duncan, he stood with his arms straight up trying to take a charge... honestly, the ones on Ibaka and Alonzo are the only LEGIT posters I've seen him put on big men. By legit posters, I mean the shot blocker actually leaves the floor attempting to go for the block, and LeBron stuffs it on him anyway. Ibaka's was even an asterisk because he didn't actually DUNK the ball, he just kinda threw it in from above.

I really, really hope he dunks on Hibbert this year. Like a dramatic dunk. Something that haunts Hibbert until his dying breath. Stupid verticality abusing garbage Hibbert...

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Dwight wasn't going up for the block... neither was Duncan, he stood with his arms straight up trying to take a charge... honestly, the ones on Ibaka and Alonzo are the only LEGIT posters I've seen him put on big men. By legit posters, I mean the shot blocker actually leaves the floor attempting to go for the block, and LeBron stuffs it on him anyway. Ibaka's was even an asterisk because he didn't actually DUNK the ball, he just kinda threw it in from above.

I really, really hope he dunks on Hibbert this year. Like a dramatic dunk. Something that haunts Hibbert until his dying breath. Stupid verticality abusing garbage Hibbert...
    You're right about Dwight and Duncan not going up for the block, but do you think this common with Lebron? It's like players are scared to even attempt to block his dunks. Add Garnett from the playoffs to that list of players who just stand there. Come to think of it there is a handful of "opportunities" that players passed up to try to block Lebron's dunks. I remember young PHX Amare had a couple of chances to contend but backed out.

Side note: I think this is the mentality of the players today to "not" attempt a block.

Also, I'm dreaming of a Hippert poster too!!!

Saw a basketball once

Lebron also had that nasty poster of Rasheed Wallace in the playoffs...loved that one!

You're right about Dwight and Duncan not going up for the block, but do you think this common with Lebron? It's like players are scared to even attempt to block his dunks. Add Garnett from the playoffs to that list of players who just stand there. Come to think of it there is a handful of "opportunities" that players passed up to try to block Lebron's dunks. I remember young PHX Amare had a couple of chances to contend but backed out.

Side note: I think this is the mentality of the players today to "not" attempt a block.

Also, I'm dreaming of a Hippert poster too!!!
    You know, that's actually pretty good point. I think there's a little of both going on... when a good shot blocker is in position, LeBron probably doesn't go for it - but when he's attacking with a head of steam, there are probably a lot of guys who don't even bother trying. Still, it's undeniable that Jordan was leagues beyond at posterizing defenders. He just seemed to do it so often.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    is his dunks.

CAREER POSTER DUNKS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tc3dHVC98

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.
    ugly dunk

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    You know, that's actually pretty good point. I think there's a little of both going on... when a good shot blocker is in position, LeBron probably doesn't go for it - but when he's attacking with a head of steam, there are probably a lot of guys who don't even bother trying. Still, it's undeniable that Jordan was leagues beyond at posterizing defenders. He just seemed to do it so often.
    I agree that Jordan has A TON more posters than Lebron, but here is something to think about. In Jordan's time, 80's and early 90's, the shot blockers didn't really care if they got dunked on. They contested EVERYTHING. Flashforward to today's culture, and most shot blockers don't want to get dunked on. Too much ego, they don't want to end up on SC top ten. Getting killed on social media. I bet if Lebron played in Jordan's time he would have just as many posters. And in Jordan played in today's game he would have as many. No fault to Jordan or Lebron, just the culture has changed.

I agree that Jordan has A TON more posters than Lebron, but here is something to think about. In Jordan's time, 80's and early 90's, the shot blockers didn't really care if they got dunked on. They contested EVERYTHING. Flashforward to today's culture, and most shot blockers don't want to get dunked on. Too much ego, they don't want to end up on SC top ten. Getting killed on social media. I bet if Lebron played in Jordan's time he would have just as many posters. And in Jordan played in today's game he would have as many. No fault to Jordan or Lebron, just the culture has changed.
    This. The bigs now though are semi afraid to contest LeBron. That's a big ass body.

Didn't bron dunk on gortat this year? Or am I thinking of someone else?

edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv37Ko0OsYw

well he did kinda, but gortat didn't even try and contest it

Complete Player

Except this guy who Lebron has had multiple chances to dunk on in the regular season and playoffs the last 2 years but always seems to get intimidated at the last second. It's like this every single time he sees Hibbert in the paint. Any other uber-athletic swingman has an opening like that and Hibbert is getting embarrassed.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Except this guy who Lebron has had multiple chances to dunk on in the regular season and playoffs the last 2 years but always seems to get intimidated at the last second. It's like this every single time he sees Hibbert in the paint. Any other uber-athletic swingman has an opening like that and Hibbert is getting embarrassed.

/ he is trying to get the foul

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k

SO true. I will never be a LeBron fan until he dunks on Hibbert.