Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Russell Westbrook appreciation thread

The Oklahoma City Thunder’s dynamo point guard followed up a typically awesome regular season with even play in the postseason, averaging a crazy 26.7 points, 7.3 rebounds, and 8.1 assists in 19 games against the likes of Mike Conley, Parker, and Chris Paul
    3rd best player in the league, hands down. His playoffs run was special.

Too bad Durant didnt play as well as in his regular season, that Fisher/Butler became beyond useless come playoff time and that the rest of the squad was mediocre at best.

OKC 2015 NBA champions

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook appreciation thread

2nd best player in the league in the playoffs, easily

LeBron
    Westbrook
    KD

NBA Superstar

He was quite easily the best player in the whole playoffs.

Going up against the best of the best and consistently bringing it each night on offense, defense, and the boards.

I haven't seen a point guard make triple doubles look so easy since prime Jason Kidd.... and Kidd wasn't exactly playing Conley, Paul, and Parker just to reach the Finals...
    Last edited by russwest0; 09-11-2014 at 06:44 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    3rd best player in the league, hands down. His playoffs run was special.

Too bad Durant didnt play as well as in his regular season, that Fisher/Butler became beyond useless come playoff time and that the rest of the squad was mediocre at best.

OKC 2015 NBA champions

It's weird lol, it's like we've seen this happen before....

OKC plays Lamb and PJ3 as part of their rotation, their record with a healthy Westbrook is like 24-2....

Brooks comes in "herp derp, playoff time is rolling around, time to cut Lamb and PJ3 from the rotation and spike the minutes of Fisher, Butler, and Perkins!"

goddamn lol brooks is such a ****ing jackass I almost want this team to keep ****ing losing just so we can all look back and laugh at how ****ing stupid they were for keeping this moron

best point guard. After lebron, this is his league.

In

-Brook

Banned

Arguably the most exciting player in the league and, imo, the GOAT PG dunker.

damn, those are some Lebronesque numbers by Westbrook.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    damn, those are some Lebronesque numbers by Westbrook.
    Yeah lol that 1-21 shooting in OT was embarassing.

He'll get em' next time though

Feels good to be an OKC fan when you have guys like KD and Westbrook, and hell, all the other hard working cats on our squad.

We have the two most electrifying sporting teams in the world, Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma Sooners.

Oklahoma is magic. Best place on Earth.

Yeah, Russell was definitely amazing in the playoffs, but he had a lot of up and down games. In the Memphis series, he only shot 37% from the field (6 games). Not to mention, he shot less than 40% in 4 straight games during that series. In two of those games, he went 10-31 (32%) and 6-24 (43%). Can't ignore that part.

After that Grizzlies series, he suddenly started shooting better (49%) and put up his best stats while being guarded by one of the best defensive point guards, Chris Paul. His performance in the WCF vs the Spurs was better than his Grizzlies series but not the Clippers series. Westbrook only had 2 really bad games, shooting-wise vs the SA Spurs.

In 19 total playoff games he shot...
    <40%: 7 times
    <30%: 3 times

All in all, yes he was good in the playoffs but you can't ignore that he had a couple of horrendous games. Hey but let's face it, many stars/superstars have had below-average playoffs games. I'm talking about guys like Durant, LeBron (Yes, LeBron), Carmelo, CP3... In the end though, Russell Westbrook is one of the most exciting and talented players in the game, currently. I'm really looking forward to see what him & Durant can do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    2nd best player in the league in the playoffs, easily

LeBron
    Westbrook
    KD
    LeBron was certainly the best player in the entire playoffs. The Westbrook part is arguable, but in my opinion I feel like Kevin Durant played better than Westbrook in the 2014 playoffs, overall. KD averaged 29.6 ppg/9 rpg/4 apg/1 spg/1.3 bpg on 57% TS. Russell averaged 26.7 ppg/7.3 rpg/8.1 apg/2.2 spg/0.3 bpg on 54% TS.

I think the top players in the 2014 playoffs were...
    1. LeBron
    2. Durant
    3. Westbrook
    4. LaMarcus
    5. Griffin/Dwight/George/CP3/Lillard

Couldn't decide who the 5th best performer was, so I went with a couple of guys.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Yeah, Russell was definitely amazing in the playoffs, but he had a lot of up and down games. In the Memphis series, he only shot 37% from the field (6 games). Not to mention, he shot less than 40% in 4 straight games during that series. In two of those games, he went 10-31 (32%) and 6-24 (43%). Can't ignore that part.

After that Grizzlies series, he suddenly started shooting better (49%) and put up his best stats while being guarded by one of the best defensive point guards, Chris Paul. His performance in the WCF vs the Spurs was better than his Grizzlies series but not the Clippers series. Westbrook only had 2 really bad games, shooting-wise vs the SA Spurs.

In 19 total playoff games he shot...
    <40%: 7 times
    <30%: 3 times

All in all, yes he was good in the playoffs but you can't ignore that he had a couple of horrendous games. Hey but let's face it, many stars/superstars have had below-average playoffs games. I'm talking about guys like Durant, LeBron (Yes, LeBron), Carmelo, CP3... In the end though, Russell Westbrook is one of the most exciting and talented players in the game, currently. I'm really looking forward to see what him & Durant can do in the future.

LeBron was certainly the best player in the entire playoffs. The Westbrook part is arguable, but in my opinion I feel like Kevin Durant played better than Westbrook in the 2014 playoffs, overall. KD averaged 29.6 ppg/9 rpg/4 apg/1 spg/1.3 bpg on 57% TS. Russell averaged 26.7 ppg/7.3 rpg/8.1 apg/2.2 spg/0.3 bpg on 54% TS.

1. LeBron
    2. Durant
    3. Westbrook
    4. LaMarcus

Couldn't decide who the 5th best performer was, so I went with a couple of guys.
    LeBron got outplayed by Kawhi.

Who did Westbrook get outplayed by?

Not to mention Westbrook played 3 contenders and LeBron played just ONE. LMAO.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.

1. LeBron
    2. Durant
    3. Westbrook
    4. LaMarcus

Statiscially, KD was the 2nd best performer, but going off eye test, I have to give it to Westbrook. KD's starts aren't significantly better than Westbrooks, but Westbrook had a lot of huge clutch moments that saved them from getting knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    LeBron got outplayed by Kawhi.

Who did Westbrook get outplayed by?

Not to mention Westbrook played 3 contenders and LeBron played just ONE. LMAO.
    Lebron was the best player in the finals, Kawhi just had the better team.