Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: D Rose 1/13 FG. 1/7 from 3s. MVP thooo

It's rough coming back off of the kind of injuries he's had and after missing so much time. I'll give him the whole season to get his stuff together before I would start to think we won't ever see 2011 D-Rose again. And overall this season, it's not like he's playing poorly -- it's just that his standards are set of that of an MVP point guard.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    When will any of you children realize...dat that "former self" wasn't that good to begin with?...

THANK YOU!

The "Rose-bashers"...

what should be done?

Should Rose quit? Should the Bulls cut him?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Yes because it's common for a guy to miss 2 years due to injuries, come back - suck in the first year, and then become great in his 2nd. Rose is likely done as a great player.
    Chris Paul needed two seasons after his knee injury to get back to anywhere near his pre-injury level. It's idiotic to think Rose would be anywhere near his MVP form this season. As long as he stays healthy and doesn't suffer any major setbacks, he'll be much better as he keeps playing. He'll have bad shooting games like yesterday but he'll also beast like he did vs the Cavs before the ASB.

In other words, he's going to be on and off until he consistently gets back to his pre-injury level. I love how the Rose haters didn't say shit when he took it to LeCollude, but they come out of the woodwork when he has a couple of bad games. Prisoners of the moment.

Stay salty, fggets
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-24-2015 at 12:08 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    When will any of you children realize...dat that "former self" wasn't that good to begin with?...
    Nope, only won MVP while two top ten players were in their prime and before the third top ten player got back to his winning ways for three years. Spoiled lil hater, you going to take that bitter pill to your grave.

NBA All-star

so, no mention that of his defense?

since that's probably one of the best measure to the status of his physical playing condition

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    5th of march. Mark it in your calendar.

Rose about to give westy the treatment
    Wow, Rose got CP3, Wall then lastly Westbrook that week. The majority of his career, even in college when he was known as a defensive stopper, Westbrook has hardly ever guarded Rose. That will be interesting.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    so, no mention that of his defense?

since that's probably one of the best measure to the status of his physical playing condition
    I seriously doubt they can understand your concept. Despite it being very clear.

Serious playground baller CP343's Avatar

The Rose situation is just so sad.

Serious playground baller CP343's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    The "Rose-bashers"...

what should be done?

Should Rose quit? Should the Bulls cut him?
    I imagine he'll have a short career given that he does not seem to have a passion for playing through injuries. He has already stated that he sits so many games because of not wanting permanent damage, so I imagine his career will be shortened even without a career ending injury.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    What do you base this on ?

He doesn't seem to be getting better as the season goes along, so I think what we are seeing right now is his new reality, he's no longer an all-star, just a decent starter.

Only time will tell of course, but Rose doesn't strike me as a player who will age gracefully, his game is far too dependent on speed and athleticism.
    He has been poor since the ASG but we are talking about a sample size of 3 games, one of which he was okay in. Prior to that he was gradually improving imo, and was putting up 22/7 in the 15 games preceding the ASG. Moreover, his problem at this point is mental rather than physical. Eventually he will put it together. His production is not even that bad considering his situation and limited minutes for much of the season--it just looks bad compared to his 11' and 12' form. That is the only question for me: can he return to elite status. I do think he will be able to return to all-star status, though.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CP343
    I imagine he'll have a short career given that he does not seem to have a passion for playing through injuries. He has already stated that he sits so many games because of not wanting permanent damage, so I imagine his career will be shortened even without a career ending injury.
    And you aren't smart enough to know that is a great rule of life and that no athlete with brains would think otherwise?

All that matters is the W. Unless he is costing them games, I don't care about his stats.

Get it done in the playoffs, that's when the cream rises to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Bad performance today, but all in all for a guy who missed 2 years due to injuries, he is doing pretty well for the season. D-Rose has high standards. Can't wait for the next season for him to show his true self. MVP Form
    Every Bulls game: "Bad performance today, but..."

Dunking on everybody in the park

Poor Rose.