Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Steve Novak re-signing with Knicks for 4 years, $15 million

This signing is an obvious mistake for so limited a player. Its ridiculous to pay too much money, then expect Novak to "expand his game".

Ain't gonna happen in my book, and he'll continue to be a huge defensive liability needing wide open looks to score.

Good luck with that NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    This signing is an obvious mistake for so limited a player. Its ridiculous to pay too much money, then expect Novak to "expand his game".

Ain't gonna happen in my book, and he'll continue to be a huge defensive liability needing wide open looks to score.

Good luck with that NY.
    But we wouldn't have gained any room if we didn't sign him. This move doesn't harm the Knicks,it only harms Dolan's bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    But we wouldn't have gained any room if we didn't sign him. This move doesn't harm the Knicks,it only harms Dolan's bank account.
    Understood, but regardless you want to see your team making sound moves and paying players at close to real value.

If Dolan wants to just give cash away, he can send me some.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

Good luck with that NY.
    You guys are such hypocrites. If another team signed him for the same money, you would be applauding "stealing" him from the Knicks.

Steve Novak was AWESOME last year. I can't tell you how many games Novak came in and just cut a lead, or changed the game. He has an absolute elite skill. He might be the best pure shooter I've ever seen. If he's open for a shot, he just doesn't miss.

Well rounded? Yeah, let's look at all these "well rounded" players who get paid and can't do anything.......

And by the way, Novak's defense is actually pretty decent, and he also has a high basketball IQ on the floor. He's not the liability you guys make him out to be.