Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Steve Novak resigns with Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Respect your opinions bro.

But this time you really need to put the homer glasses down and see this for what it is as a terrible deal by the Knicks.
    Why? It doesn't hurt our flexibility (the last year he is an expirer and we all know expirer's can be flipped). It is not stopping any other deals. Is it too much for him? I said yes already. But should we lose him?

Losing Novak would not help us acquire more players, would not give us flexibility to do anything additional. It would only save MSG money. I could give a **** if MSG saves money, they should spend up the ass, most of the money we pay them in those ridiculous ticket prices is pure profit.

Spend, overpay everyone, i could not give a **** because we are over the cap. Just keep them. If we were under the cap, my opinion would 100% be different.

It's like the Nets. Same situation. Any salary they lose is lost, they cannot replace it.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Wow he's being overpaid! What does he do outside of 3 point shooting? He's a terrific 3 point shooter, but how hard is that to find? Miami got Ray Allen for cheap. I'm not saying everyone can convince Allen to play for less money, but you get my point.
    You act like money is a problem for the knicks. Who cares how much Dolan pays for novak, were going to be over the cap regardless.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You guys comparing his salary to Ray Allen's salary are fcking idiots. Ray Allen took less money to ring chase with the Heat. His market rate was actually higher, but he turned down the money.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    You act like money is a problem for the knicks. Who cares how much Dolan pays for novak, were going to be over the cap regardless.
    It's not, but that doesn't mean you have to overspend. I like Novak, but what does he do outside of 3 point shooting to warrant that kind of money?

I'm not trolling in anyway.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You guys comparing his salary to Ray Allen's salary are fcking idiots. Ray Allen took less money to ring chase with the Heat. His market rate was actually higher, but he turned down the money.
    Regardless, it's still funny.

And it still doesn't change the fact that this deal is bad. 15 million guranteed over 4 from a guy who got cut by the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He played poorly against Miami. So did James Harden. OMG, Harden sucks. Add him as a throw in for the Nets in the Magic trade.
    The thing is, the reason Novak didn't perform against Miami is the same reason why 4 NBA teams directly and 25 NBA teams indirectly decided Novak isn't worth a spot on their roster at even a minimum salary.

You can give Novak infinite chances in the playoffs, he'll never be more than an utter liability on a consistent basis.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It's not, but that doesn't mean you have to overspend. I like Novak, but what does he do outside of 3 point shooting to warrant that kind of money?

I'm not trolling in anyway.
    Nothing Great, but hes not a total liability. He'll get a couple boards and try on defense.

He didnt even get that much money, ISH thinks everybody in the league is Overpaid.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Dont listen to these hating idiots, they watched 4 Knick games the whole season and think thats a statistically significant amount of data on which to judge a player.

Novak was instrumental in many of our wins, wed bring him out to make a lead insurmountable...and it worked. 3s pile up the points much quicker than 2s

Default Re: Steve novak gets 15/4 lol

lol yeah... life must be good for novak right about now..

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

He'll end up like Jason Kapono.

Serious playground baller

he shot extremely well last year, absolutely useless in any other area of the game, but 15/4 doesn't seem too bad to me, not that overpaid, like batum getting a near max =/.

Banned

He's the best 3 point shooter in the game, 15/4 isn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why? It doesn't hurt our flexibility (the last year he is an expirer and we all know expirer's can be flipped). It is not stopping any other deals. Is it too much for him? I said yes already. But should we lose him?

Losing Novak would not help us acquire more players, would not give us flexibility to do anything additional. It would only save MSG money. I could give a **** if MSG saves money, they should spend up the ass, most of the money we pay them in those ridiculous ticket prices is pure profit.

Spend, overpay everyone, i could not give a **** because we are over the cap. Just keep them. If we were under the cap, my opinion would 100% be different.

It's like the Nets. Same situation. Any salary they lose is lost, they cannot replace it.
    That's why I don't have anything against re-signing him. He's probably worth less but we wouldn't have gained anything with letting him walk. Also $15 mil. over 4 years isn't such a bad deal. That's $3.75 mil per year on average.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Not a bad deal at all

Banned

Knicks needed to keep him, no doubt about it. Best 3pt shooter in the league.