Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Banned

Default Re: Lakers beat Celtics to take Game 5. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Well they are done if they dont win on the road so I guess your point holds bearing
    Even if the Lakers didn't choke away Game 4 and are up 3-2 right now....they would have still needed to win a game in Boston.

IMO Kobe needs to go "vintage Kobe" tomorrow night and impose his will from the opening tip for the Lakers to have a chance. IF Kobe gets the Lakers over the hump is Game 6.....ALL the pressure is on Boston for Game 7. And we've all seen how KG handles "pressure."

IF Kobe is the player/leader we all HOPE he is.....maybe.....just maybe we can pull it off and make history.

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break down the Celtics dee Kobe....and STOP THE CELTS WITH TEAM DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

I was able to watch the game and here are my thoughts:
    -Although Kobe had a bad game offensively, I liked the fact that most of the shots that Odom and Gasol started w/ a pass from Kobe(Doesn't necessarily mean that Kobe is the one who gave the assist). Most of the offense started w/ Kobe getting the ball. This is good because he's trusting his teammates

-The celtics defense has been unbelievable so far. Pierce is doing a good job in defending Kobe.

-The Lakers are lacking mental toughness in this series. They lost 2 big leads in their last 2 games and those 2 games were at home. They can't win on the road if they don't learn how to protect their lead.

-Odom and Pau FINALLY showed up. If only we can get Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Fisher to all have good games in game 6 then maybe the lakers can extend this series to 7 games.

Someone needs to tell Sasha not to shoot EVERY time he gets the ball. It looks so bad when he chucks it up even as the defender is flying at him..

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

IMO Kobe needs to go "vintage Kobe" tomorrow night and impose his will from the opening tip for the Lakers to have a chance. IF Kobe gets the Lakers over the hump is Game 6.....ALL the pressure is on Boston for Game 7. And we've all seen how KG handles "pressure." [/QUOTE]

Then we need to bring back Smuch/Kwame.
    Kobe need to be aggressive throughout the game and when Boston sag off there man to double or triple Kobe, LA just need to hit the outside shots. They don't its over. They should run the pick and roll more often too(no more shaq).

Quote Originally Posted by LakersNation562
    i really dont know whats going on with this laker team. they played terrific basketball in the 3 series they've won up until leading to the finals. i dont want to take anything away from boston and they are arguably the best defensive team in the league. but the lakers.....theyre playing like scared little *****es!!!! the whole team. maybe it is some sort of mental blockage this team is having? they've allowed the celtics defense to get into their heads to the point where theyre just delusional. they dont believe they can beat the celtics or something. NO ONE on this lakers team has played the way they normally play which is quite baffling. theyre giving the celtics defense tooooo much credit.
    They didn't play that well as a team after the Nuggets series. Kobe was playing fantastic and it covered up a lot of mediocre play from Pau and Lamar plus the bench has been very poor as a group since round 1.

Lakers are not a good offensive team when Kobe isn't doing damage cos he's the only one who can consistently create his own shot as well as make plays for others. Too many players (Vlad, Fish, Sasha, Farmar and even Pau to some degree) are dependent on him to get them easy shots. Kobe isn't getting in the lane this series but unlike the Spurs series, he can't get to his sweet spots (for jumpers) cos Boston is swarming instead of relying on one defender with occasional help. Also, this is the first series where the Lakers have the overall disadvantage inside.

They are just not a good defensive team period but their over-help defense worked vs. Denver, Utah and SA cos the outside shooters on those teams missed and weren't threats to attack the basket. Boston is able to spread the court cos they have 3 guys (or more) on the court at all times who can shoot or take guys off the dribble. Very bad matchup for LA's gimmick defense..

To cut a long story short, they finally faced a team that can not only give Kobe problems but one that has more talent top to bottom...
    Last edited by konex; 06-17-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Well, Mr. 13 posts, you're very special.
    I'll take the guy with 13 posts over your pretentious 7K any day everyday.

Whats really funny is....it takes you...Loki...to get him to step out from his normal quiet self.

How old are you?
    Last edited by LakersLaLaLand; 06-17-2008 at 03:07 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand

Whats really funny is....it takes you...Loki...to get him to step out from his normal quiet self.

How old are you?
    Oh look, it's a poster with "Lakers" in his username. Hi poster with "Lakers" in his username. <waves>

Dizzay
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Oh look, it's a poster with "Lakers" in his username. Hi poster with "Lakers" in his username. <waves>
    Loki, how do you still post here after you were exposed as a white boy?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzay

"Exposed" as a white boy? When have I ever stated or implied that I wasn't? I believe you're thinking of someone else.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzay

How does that matter?

Rational on Kobe ALlArOuNDPIaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand

How old are you?
    At all these inferior posters bashing Loki, get off his ass.

JuStIn trolling at the right time.....................classless.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    JuStIn trolling at the right time.....................classless.
    lol