Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Earned not given

Default Shooting around, tired as f*ck

Here's a video for shits and giggles of me looking like a scrub after an hour of shooting around and drills

Critique all you want, I'm ready for it

http://youtu.be/f5cQWbggCTk

Default Re: Shooting around, tired as f*ck

What did you use when you filmed your video?? I am planning on shooting a 10 minutes video this coming sunday. Gonna use an Ipod/Tablet. You were making your outside shots at the start of the video. Good shooting form.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    What did you use when you filmed your video?? I am planning on shooting a 10 minutes video this coming sunday. Gonna use an Ipod/Tablet. You were making your outside shots at the start of the video. Good shooting form.
    I used my phone and put it on top of my gym bag. There was no one in the gym at the time. If I do a video again I'll do it when I'm in more shape and from a better angle.

Thanks for the compliment, I used to shoot the ball with sidespin

What I really need to work on is finishing at the hoop. As you can see in the video I don't have much finesse at the rim. Lookin forward to your video bro

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Your shooting form looks a bit weird to me because your shooting the ball at the side of your head instead of directly in front/above of your face like most people do. It looks a little bit like Matt Bonner's shot imo. But if you feel like this works best for you and/or you've been shooting like this for 20 years then it probably doesn't make mucgh sense to change it.

Anyway, just keep it up!

Walk around way too much

No hustle

Can't get into any type of rhythm when you're being lazy like that

God damn boi run to get your rebound you lazy mfer that was painful, hate to see you get back on defense in a game

reminds me of derek fisher's release.

kings fan

Ugly form. Appears to be two motions. Use one motion.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by 2swift4u
    Your shooting form looks a bit weird to me because your shooting the ball at the side of your head instead of directly in front/above of your face like most people do. It looks a little bit like Matt Bonner's shot imo. But if you feel like this works best for you and/or you've been shooting like this for 20 years then it probably doesn't make mucgh sense to change it.

Anyway, just keep it up!
    The way I sling the ball back to the side of my head is a bad habit when I'm tired. It's something I'm trying to work on eliminating. It's tough though because I was doing it for years as a teenager when I was much weaker.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah
    Walk around way too much

No hustle

Can't get into any type of rhythm when you're being lazy like that
    First time shooting around in a month, and it was after an hour. You can imagine how gassed I was. I plan on posting another video where I'm in better shape.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    Ugly form. Appears to be two motions. Use one motion.
    That form comes out when I'm really tired, as I stated in a previous post. I'm working on eliminating it through repetition and conditioning.

What position would you play? I'd imagine a stretch 4.

Earned not given

Well I'm only 6'...my handles are actually pretty decent and I have good vision, so I'd play the point if I had a choice.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    I used my phone and put it on top of my gym bag. There was no one in the gym at the time. If I do a video again I'll do it when I'm in more shape and from a better angle.

Thanks for the compliment, I used to shoot the ball with sidespin

What I really need to work on is finishing at the hoop. As you can see in the video I don't have much finesse at the rim. Lookin forward to your video bro
    For me, I used to have side spin. But now I shoot a little like you in the video but what I do differently is I sway forward like Kevin Durant does. It usually gives me a nice spin and occasional friendly bounce. Have only played 3-4 5v5 games at the gym the past few weeks. Had a few nights where I was 6/10 over 2 games then a few that I was like 1/7 lol (a lot of shots bounced a few times inside the rim then fell out -_-)

National High School Star

Your shot sucks...but it has potential. You pull the ball back too far and that messes up the consistency of the form. It turns into into a slingshot.

You need to keep it a little more forward and turn it into what Jazz Deron Williams did. He had a deadly shot. Also I know people say "one hand" is the right way to shoot but unless you can palm the ball easily don't be afraid to hold the ball comfortably with two as long as you have the right less movement shooting motion.

Note: I am a known down shooter and I reinvented my shot at 22 to shoot like DWill. I was always a streaky good shooter but wanted to have consistency to go with from all areas of the floor.

Basically just don't pull it back so damn far and you'll be much improved. And jeez ur bricks make an embarrassingly loud sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcK_X8UyyXw