Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default How Kobe Should Go Out

Imagine Kobe is a free agent. He's got 2 more years on his legs to play at a high level.

Imagine also the Bulls have not won a championship and now have enough cap space to sign a big star after getting rid of Boozer and a few scrubs.

Kobe signs with the Bulls to play next to Rose, Noah, and Deng.

A player who did everything in his power to emulate his idol ends up being his successor on the Bulls and wins it again since 1998 at the same SG spot. In the process he surpasses Jordan in points and grabs ring 6 and finally 7 in the same city.

What a great way to end a career. What a great story. Kobe if you are reading this, think about it.

Banned

Default Re: How Kobe Should Go Out

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Imagine Kobe is a free agent. He's got 2 more years on his legs to play at a high level.

Imagine also the Bulls have not won a championship and now have enough cap space to sign a big star after getting rid of Boozer and a few scrubs.

A player who did everything in his power to emulate his idol ends up being his successor on the Bulls and wins it again since 1998 at the same SG spot. In the process he surpasses Jordan in points and grabs ring 6 and finally 7 in the same city.

What a great way to end a career. What a great story. Kobe if you are reading this, think about it.
    I think it would be a horrible stoy-line. He already gets chastized to the utmost degree for being compared to Jordan, this would taint his legacy even further. Bulls fans would never accept this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I think it would be a horrible stoy-line. He already gets chastized to the utmost degree for being compared to Jordan, this would taint his legacy even further. Bulls fans would never accept this
    Pretty sure after winning titles with number 1 bulls would enjoy winning titles with number 2.

But to op, no.

Even 1 more title with the lakers will do more for his legacy than any amount of titles elsewhere if he went to someone elses team. Even if bynum is better than kobe in 2 years or equal next year and they win, its still kobes team. bulls are rose's team.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Surpassing Jordan in rings and points on the same team prob won't taint Kobe's image; if it's anything, it's Jordan who has to worry about his image.

If Kobe can help the Bulls win 2 titles, can you imagine how crazy those guys in Chicago will be? The biggest Kobe haters are prob Chicago fans and when he becomes one of their own, you know how these stans operate.

It's a great storyline; Kobe will prob not win another ring with the Lakers.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Pretty sure after winning titles with number 1 bulls would enjoy winning titles with number 2.

But to op, no.
    Then they better make room in the grocer's freezers for crow because Bulls fans would have to feast on it. The way they are critical to him, I can't see them ever accepting this scenario.

No that's not a good idea. Maybe if he had played there early in his career yea i can see it then. He's been a Laker his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    No that's not a good idea. Maybe if he had played there early in his career yea i can see it then. He's been a Laker his entire career.
    The harshest critics of Kobe is the Chicago press; those guys make a lot of noise and will never accept Kobe above Jordan.

Kobe needs new publicity; being the new kid on the block as the next Jordan was his peak and when that slowed down a bit, grabbing a few rings, and kicking Shaq out and bribing Phil to leave was ingenious only because it got the FO to get off their butts and go after Gasol.

Now the only headline Kobe is making is when he's getting jealous of Jeremiah Lin or getting his nose busted up.

He is no longer getting any attention and it shows in the way he plays; he needs to do something and go out with a bang. At this rate, he's gonna have to rape another chick to be in the spotlight again.

College superstar

Even if Kobe somehow, someway wins it this year... it's kind of fitting that Kobe will most likely go out the same way he came into the league.

He came into the league with a cocky arrogance that immediately made him a polarizing figure. He was talented enough, but not experienced or developed enough to be taking the kind of shots he was taking. He didn't care, he knows what kind of player he wants to be and that's what he's set out to be.

Now, nearing the end of his career, he still has that cocky arrogance. He still knows what kind of player he needs to be, wants to be, and has been. He's talented enough, but his body doesn't respond the same way it used to. He's racked up more injuries than he can count. He still fires away and will continue to do so until he retires.

The only difference between the beginning and end of his career? He's now Kobe ****in' Bryant. Only a handful of people that have played in the NBA can touch that.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

I am currently praying for this to happen.

As long as we get him when dude has gass left in the tank. I don't want any sub 20 point scorer Kobe hanging on too long for the points record, thus tainting my memory of him.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

he should f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck off to italy.

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    I am currently praying for this to happen.

As long as we get him when dude has gass left in the tank. I don't want any sub 20 point scorer Kobe hanging on too long for the points record, thus tainting my memory of him.
    Ya Kobe on the Bulls will bring back the Jordan days all over again, even if it's just for 2 years. Play him only 30 minutes and the entire 4th quarter; even Jordan will be cheering in the stands.

Don't go out like Garnett on a dwindling franchise. You still have some gas left; time is of the essence.

what did Kobe fans say when Lebron went to the Heat? that's right. can you say ring chaser? Kobe will not be the man in Chicago. he will be Rose's water boy. Deng will be even a better player than him. imagine playing behind Deng. because for sure Thibs would not tolerate this man child.
    Last edited by I<3NBA; 03-20-2012 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    what did Kobe fans say when Lebron went to the Heat? that's right. can you say ring chaser? Kobe will not be the man in Chicago. he will be Rose's water boy. Deng will be even a better player than him. imagine playing behind Deng. because for sure Thibs would not tolerate this man child.
    No.

If the Bulls cannot win and Kobe comes in to put them over the top against the REAL ring chaser Heat, then he will be seen as a savior in Chicago.

Every Chicago fan is longing for the Jordan days. There will never be another Jordan, but Kobe sure as hell comes close to it.

Kobe at his peak in popularity was when he was consider to take Jordan's throne, then when he became Kobe and less Jordan, nobody gave a sh*t anymore and started looking at Lebron.

Give the Bulls fans 2 more good years of them Jordan days and Kobe will go out with a huge bang.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

so you're basically asking Kobe, who has spent his entire career trying to escape from the shadow of Michael Jordan, to join MJ's team just to get the comparisons going again?