Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Does playing in a rubbish conference give LBJ a MVP advantage over KD?

It seems that the heat and pacers are playing against rubbish teams night in and night out.. Where the thunder have at least 8 other very good teams to battle against in the west... My question.. Does this give Lebron an unhealthy MVP advantage? We all know there is a major imbalance in the conferences now.. But is it enough to inflate someone's stats enough... Now I'm not saying Lebron hasn't played at a MVP level.. But I do believe his statlines would be Lower if he was in the west..
    What do you think?

Default Re: Does playing in a rubbish conference give LBJ a MVP advantage over KD?

no it doesn't, it's taken into account i'm sure just like how lebron's record vs the west is taken into account

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Default Re: Does playing in a rubbish conference give LBJ a MVP advantage over KD?

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    It seems that the heat and pacers are playing against rubbish teams night in and night out.. Where the thunder have at least 8 other very good teams to battle against in the west... My question.. Does this give Lebron an unhealthy MVP advantage? We all know there is a major imbalance in the conferences now.. But is it enough to inflate someone's stats enough... Now I'm not saying Lebron hasn't played at a MVP level.. But I do believe his statlines would be Lower if he was in the west..
    What do you think?
    Yep, Bron struggles mightily against the super stacked West. What are his stats and record against the West again?

Lebron is better vs the West than the East.

I am your soldier!

Stacked team, garbage opponents, and still needs to statpad.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    no it doesn't, it's taken into account i'm sure just like how lebron's record vs the west is taken into account
    But there is a difference in coming up against a strong west team once every 2 weeks compared to playing them 2 times a week.. There is a major difference when you have to grind against those teams night in and night out..

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Stacked team, garbage opponents, and still needs to statpad.
    /thread.

This question is inherently stupid.

Banned

KD has an advantage since the Thunder are more familiar with the strong Western teams. Lebron plays them twice a year and still dominates.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

18-7 against teams over 500, best record in the league

west doesn't even play defense anyway.

/thread

Good college starter

If anything, it gives Durant an advantage since Lebron and the Heat always play better against the West.

Banned

Excuses rollin

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Excuses rollin
    they scared

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    18-7 against teams over 500, best record in the league

west doesn't even play defense anyway.

/thread
    "But, but, but.....what about Mamba, killer instinct, and wills to win?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    KD has an advantage since the Thunder are more familiar with the strong Western teams. Lebron plays them twice a year and still dominates.
    Your logic doesn't hold up.

You could say the West teams have the advantage against KD because they are more familiar with the Thunder.

At the end of the day, LeBron plays in a garbage conference with a stacked team.

Good player, but even better circumstances.

KD against the Bobcats on Sunday
    8-24 28 points
    Lebron yesterday
    22-33 61 points