Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default You know LeBron James reminds me somewhat of KG

I have never denied LeBron James' consistency and his motor. It is always 100% similar to Kevin Garnett. I have always thought and I have always said that for the past few seasons that LeBron James is the most consistent player in the NBA.

I think LeBron like KG lacks this extra gear that many other all-time greats have like Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Isiah Thomas, etc.

Both of these guys get crap for being inconsistent post-season performers, yes?

LeBron definitely choked in the 2011 NBA finals but even before the 2011 NBA finals he has still gotten crap for being an inconsistent post-season performer. 2008 vs. Celtics, 2010 vs. Celtics, 2007 vs. the Spurs, and 2006 vs. the Pistons are just to name some.

Check this out.......people were talking about LeBron was playing god-like in the ECF but look at his stats in the ECF and then look at his stats from the regular season.

LeBron in the '10-'11 RS

27/8/7 with 51% shooting, 33% 3P shooting, 76% FT shooting

LeBron in the 2011 ECF

26/8/7 with 45% shooting, 39% 3P shooting, 86% FT shooting.

Just looking at those numbers did this guy do anything different from the regular season than he did against the Bulls in the ECF? The only thing I see is that he made more 3 pointers and FTs. He actually scored less ppg and he averaged the same amount of rpg and apg. His production was virtually the same, he was just more efficient in his shooting (3P and FT).

He doesn't have this extra gear, all LeBron was doing differently in that series opposed to the other 82 regular season games was making his 3s and FTs. But does it really matter since he actually averaged less ppg and shot a worse FG%?

I think because of this missing part in LeBron's game people start to interpret that he chokes frequently in the post-season. When the reality is that he nor KG don't have this extra gear that other all-time greats have.

This is not to explain his 2011 NBA finals performance because that was just clear sign of mental weakness.

This thread is basketball related......so for those of you people, specifically LeBron fans who think intangibles and mental aspect is some fairy cliche maybe you can come in and discuss this because this will be all basketball related and nothing more.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: You know LeBron James reminds me somewhat of KG

You really...really...REALLY like talking about Lebron James.

I never figured out how people who pretty much just talk about one subject keep themselves going.

I cant even talk about the people I like that much.

Banned

I think Lebron's inconsistency in the playoffs has more to do with lack of scoring skills. When his jumpshot disappears, he can't score against the best defenses in the league.

ThaSwagg3r

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You really...really...REALLY like talking about Lebron James.

I never figured out how people who pretty much just talk about one subject keep themselves going.

I cant even talk about the people I like that much.
    If you want to know why I made this thread it is because someone brought up a great point about the differences between Wade and LeBron. I already explained LeBron in the first post how he always has a 100% motor and he doesn't have that extra gear so it appears that he is choking when he really isn't. Wade is pretty much the opposite of him. He doesn't have this 100% motor like LeBron does, Wade coasts a hell lot more than LeBron does, always has and he probably always will.

However, Wade does have this extra gear that LeBron does not have. Take the 2011 finals for example.

Wade looked like he could have destroyed that defense all series (he pretty much did) but does anyone here really think he could have done that all season to any team? Probably not and I have high doubts about that myself as a Wade fan.

Wade has this extra gear where he looks like nobody should even be on the court with him because he is on a flat out different level than everyone else, and yes that includes your boy LBJ.

You want me to summarize it? Okay...

Wade at his best is better than LeBron at his but LeBron plays closer to his best more frequently than Wade does.

Banned

I don't know about Wade having an extra gear. He averaged more ppg in the regular season then the post season. Honestly, I think I can only list something like 5 guys off the top of my head I watched live who consistently play better in the post season then the regular season. (Miller, Jordan, Hakeem ........ drawing a blank.....) and on top of that, I'd say that the majority of players end up playing worse in the post season because of the tougher competition.

when you average 27, 7 and 7 in the regular season like Lebron did it is damn hard to get much better than that unless you are MJ.

ThaSwagg3r

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I don't know about Wade having an extra gear. He averaged more ppg in the regular season then the post season..
    He also had 2 series where he scored over 26 ppg, his regular season scoring average. In the Celtics series he averaged 30 ppg and in the Finals he averaged 27 ppg and he shot 53% and 55% in those two series. So yeah I would say that is having an extra gear.

Wade appears to have an extra gear cos he mopes around half assed half the time.

ThaSwagg3r

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Wade appears to have an extra gear cos he mopes around half assed all the time.
    I already said that he doesn't have this 100% motor like LeBron does. It is beneficial and detrimental to have that.

I remember people were saying that Wade just coasted through the Bulls series so he could dominate in the Finals. Lets face it Wade made EVERY correct play down the stretch in the ECF. He was clutch as well and he was there when needed. It's not a bad theory at all, not sure if I agree with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    I already said that he doesn't have this 100% motor like LeBron does. It is beneficial and detrimental to have that.

I remember people were saying that Wade just coasted through the Bulls series so he could dominate in the Finals. Lets face it Wade made EVERY correct play down the stretch in the ECF. He was clutch as well and he was there when needed. It's not a bad theory at all, not sure if I agree with it though.
    well......... if lebron didnt have that 100% motor.........

they would not been in the Finals..........

but i agree lebron needs to learn how to gear up and gear down that motor when needed and when not needed and so on.......... but because of wades motor... lebron had to give more....

he played like what 38-58 minutes a game or something entire season & playoffs and was healthy 24-7.... guarding 4-5 positions and playing 4-5 positions............. wade was just chillin when playing... much less minutes.... being injured and so on... he just saved everything he got... for the Finals....

maybe if he didnt... and mixed it up with lebron... then lebron wouldnt have been freakin exhausted by the time finals was up..... with the best team defense upon him.... and they could have won the championship....
    Last edited by pauk; 09-07-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Very good NBA starter

and yet LeBron's absolute best post-season craps all over wade's.

so much for higher gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    and yet LeBron's absolute best post-season craps all over wade's.

so much for higher gear.
    wade might produce better than lebron in a game or even series........... he is way to damn good not TO play sometimes better.....

but for the entire season.....

and especially for the entire playoffs...........

we are talking about this guy =

and how about this (think he averaged like 35-8-9 that playoff run):

Last edited by pauk; 09-07-2011 at 03:15 AM.

ThaSwagg3r

but i agree lebron needs to learn how to gear up and gear down that motor when needed and when not needed and so on.......... but because of wades motor... lebron had to give more....
    I don't think you really understand what I mean. LeBron already plays at the highest gear he can night in and night out....whether it is in the regular season or in the playoffs he is at the highest gear already. If he were to gear down and gear up you would see like Game 4 in the 2011 NBA finals and then you would see like Game 2 vs. the 76ers in the 2011 playoffs.

I don't think LeBron gets enough credit for doing that.....because that is tough to do.

Wade playing at his peak is better than LeBron at his but LeBron plays closer to his peak on a night to night basis than Wade does. This is pretty much why the majority of NBA fans would take LeBron over Wade in the regular season because of the body of work LeBron puts in on a night to night basis compared to Wade.

If you were to ask the majority of NBA fans who they would rather have in the playoffs and who they would rather have to win a playoff series or run with, I would assume the majority would roll with Wade instead of LeBron.

Since the peaks and valleys for Wade is as much of a product of effort than anything else, the guy with the higher peaks is more valuable for a game or a series.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    I don't think you really understand what I mean. LeBron already plays at the highest gear he can night in and night out....whether it is in the regular season or in the playoffs he is at the highest gear already. If he were to gear down and gear up you would see like Game 4 in the 2011 NBA finals and then you would see like Game 2 vs. the 76ers in the 2011 playoffs.

I don't think LeBron gets enough credit for doing that.....because that is tough to do.

Wade playing at his peak is better than LeBron at his but LeBron plays closer to his peak on a night to night basis than Wade does. This is pretty much why the majority of NBA fans would take LeBron over Wade in the regular season because of the body of work LeBron puts in on a night to night basis compared to Wade.

If you were to ask the majority of NBA fans who they would rather have in the playoffs and who they would rather have to win a playoff series or run with, I would assume the majority would roll with Wade instead of LeBron.

Since the peaks and valleys for Wade is as much of a product of effort than anything else, the guy with the higher peaks is more valuable for a game or a series.
    Is your way of giving Lebron credit for something?

Local High School Star

I must of missed the part where KG failed to prove people that he didn't have that extra "gear" when he relocated to Boston. If memory serves me right he won a DPOY and made Boston to be the best defensive team over his reign. That and the fact he made it to the finals twice winning a championship and losing one in 7 games in which nobody questioned his heart and effort. Do not ever say KG does not have what it takes to be an all time great. He proved he can be on a good team in the post season.